Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite glad Khan has avoided turning this timeline into a 'fix fic' where everything turns into rainbows. Henson was not a saint, nor were the people he worked with (although that's not really saying much, the bar for sainthood used to be set really low) and I'm looking forward to see how the stormy waters ahead are navigated.
Is already one, just a realistic one done, Henson is changing disney as much Disney is changing Henson, both each other for better or worse

Yeah that explain it better, but in-universe we already got a storm(the one allowed Henson to get into disney), so, seems another storm is coming too...all to take shelter on cinderella castlee

I've lost track of the TL a little bit.

Is Disney still on track to release The Classics on home video?

Also, have any of Jim's projects made it into the Walt Disney and You promo?

I wondered if you would rope in Gerry Anderson and Terrahawks :) I know the puppet work on Terrahawks was a serious rethink on the stuff that had gone before with Thunderbirds and the like because of the techniques in hand puppetry that Gerry Anderson had seen used by the Henson Company.

Shame it's too late to save Space 1999

I've lost track of the TL a little bit.

Is Disney still on track to release The Classics on home video?

Also, have any of Jim's projects made it into the Walt Disney and You promo?

Videos get covered here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...n-at-disney-1980.489210/page-35#post-20878285

The Classics are being released on a schedule 6 months after the theatrical re-releases except for the "Holy Trinity" of Fantasia, Snow White, and Cinderella.

Henson stuff has absolutely ended up on the Walt Disney and You promos.

I wondered if you would rope in Gerry Anderson and Terrahawks :) I know the puppet work on Terrahawks was a serious rethink on the stuff that had gone before with Thunderbirds and the like because of the techniques in hand puppetry that Gerry Anderson had seen used by the Henson Company.

Shame it's too late to save Space 1999

When they came up it seemed like an obvious thing to fill a slot on The Disney Channel. Henson would have obviously known of Anderson's work while living in England.

Maybe they'll go by a more clever name, like The Hi-Techsorcists for instance. That way, they don't have to do that.
I mean, that runs into the same problems as "Ghoststoppers," "Ghostbreakers," and "Ghostsmashers" as alternatives from IOTL proposed as titles in that it's kind of unwieldy (more so, even) - Ghostbusters is much more evocative and succinct.

I mean, that runs into the same problems as "Ghoststoppers," "Ghostbreakers," and "Ghostsmashers" as alternatives from IOTL proposed as titles in that it's kind of unwieldy (more so, even) - Ghostbusters is much more evocative and succinct.
Yeah but Disney might not want to pay for the licensing fee at all...

That's what I mean: Disney ditches the Ghost-X'r name format and goes with something else. This is a different timeline after all.
Yeah mostly because Disney want full control of the IP over anything. Maybe is ghostbuster they one than bomb but BTTF is a hit? would be more unique butterflies

marathag

Banned
The_ghost_breakers.jpg

'Breaking' works

1597443603760.png

1597443641450.png

Most of the time,
anyway

1597443698654.png

Last edited:
With regards to Jim Henson and his dating younger female employees (while married), while that is bad, at least everyone was a consenting adult (IIRC, no one has said that Henson was a sexual predator (and also note that no one has made #MeToo accusations against David Letterman, who did have relationships with his subordinates and fellow writers), and thank God for that, IMO); Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, and John K were much worse...

With regards to Jim Henson and his dating younger female employees (while married), while that is bad, at least everyone was a consenting adult (IIRC, no one has said that Henson was a sexual predator (and also note that no one has made #MeToo accusations against David Letterman, who did have relationships with his subordinates and fellow writers), and thank God for that, IMO); Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, and John K were much worse...
I'M Surprised. again that seems he was very human...

Status
Not open for further replies.