Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems reasonable that Jim would be working with enough people for someone to notice his health issues and to get him to a doctor immediately. They wouldn’t want poor health to take Jim like how it took Walt.
Plus, some of the people he worked with also worked with Walt, so they'd be more aware that something was wrong, given that Walt Disney struggled with health issues in the last months of his life...

Plus, some of the people he worked with also worked with Walt, so they'd be more aware that something was wrong, given that Walt Disney struggled with health issues in the last months of his life...
Ironically Jim Henson is probably healthier than his OTL self at this point, much less Walt Disney, thanks to some meditation and stress relief techniques. The old fart is most likely healthier than I am, which is kinda sad, but nonetheless a positive towards his survival past the 90s.

As many have stated, I could also see Disney's Board of Directors be extremely worried whenever someone like Jim would get seriously sick because of his spotless health record plus what happened to Walt beforehand.

DevotedScaryGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif

The man must be protected at all costs.

Who did you have in mind?
That's where you're wrong, my good man.
Some day I'll do a closeout post and reveal the original plan.

Overall it was just a nice counter-point to the subject that should not be discussed, Trek is clearly a franchise treated with respect and being successfully by being true to itself.
That was actually the point. There's a reason why I put those two posts back to back. One was to be a soulless cash grab driven by a single executive with no love for the franchise that led to extreme volatility within the fandom, to be followed by a dramatic set of circumstances as the replacement creators (including a certain Big Name in OTL) tried to pull everything back together and mend a broken fandom, and the other to be an example of what happens when people with some sense of love for the franchise, whatever their personal quirks and character flaws, talk and work together. Part of the plan was to continue that contrast going forward.

How may people (especially Brits) think that Mr. Rogers Neighborhood would succeed in the UK, maybe on BBC Two?
That would seem a real possibility given Ganz Cooney's employment with BBC, though the Anti-American backlash over You Know Who may kill that idea in the crib.

Observant viewers may have noticed that with entertainment anglophile Jim Henson being in a position of authority in Hollywood, it was leading to a much earlier cross-pond entertainment crossover (one of the TL's larger butterflies). US shows reimagined in the UK and vice versa. UK franchises getting play in the US. Shared universes (I was even kicking around a UK Star Trek spinoff idea). That was to be a growing plotline into the 1990s.

Recalculating...

is the Mayflower a colony ship? Seems a strange ship name for military or exploration.
The idea was a civilian transport vessel rather than a Starfleet vessel. Limited shields, no weapons. A ship of "Pilgrims" rather than officers. Something outwardly vulnerable and non-threatening, and yet as a result of their plans an existential threat to the shaky peace in the galaxy. The Enterprise could have destroyed it before it entered the Neutral Zone with a single Photon Torpedo.

Oh my gawd, I love it. Thank you very much for using this idea, especially when I got very little feedback on it originally from anyone.
Not a problem. I loved the idea. I was never sure what to do with O&Co. Even if nobody else is commenting on it, if I see an idea I like, especially if its one that helps me expand the TL, then I jump on it. It's the idea that catches me more than the buzz surrounding it.

In general, extremely few things I take the time to post are just gratuitous fanservice, and those that are are usually just a passing mention in a larger post ("They also played X on the Disney Channel"). And yet a passing idea can spawn new possibilities. I'd never planned to go into any detail in computers before @Kalvan approached me, and that led not just to Circuit Pr0n, but to huge technological butterflies in the animation field thanks to CHERNABOG and what will come next. I hadn't ever thought about Space Police, or even known about it to be frank, though I'd planned to at least name drop Gerry Anderson at some point. And yet it was just the excuse that I needed to both address Anderson and also reopen the London Creature Shop, an idea I'd had on deck for a while. Now that a certain show is dying, they'll need a new job, come to think of it.

Meeting of the Board of Directors, they turn to see Jim cough a bit. Ask if he's okay and claims he is.

Turns to each other and remembers Walt.

Half of them proceed to grasp Jim to drag him to the doctor.
I'd see one of the guys who remembered Walt offer to drive Jim home... only to make a 'quick' stop at a Hospital.

I like the idea of a Doogie Howser Regeneration, with the right writers backing him up I can imagine Neil Patrick Harris as a really credible teen Doctor with some interesting twists on stories and the character, I would imagine however the PTB would have insisted on a British Companion, the whole Commonwealth would have exploded if both the Doctor and his Companion were Yanks.

AHitHoM 1st Anniversary
To my readers,

Today (almost) marks two anniversaries, one happy, one sad. The sad is that Sunday marked the 31st anniversary of Jim Henson's passing, but the happy is that it marked one full year for A Hippie in the House of Mouse. It's been a wild year with pandemic and all sorts of chaos and unrest around the world, and a tumultuous year within my own life. This timeline has been a good point of focus and hope for me, as I hope that it has been for you.

Thank you to all of my readers for sticking with me for this year, and thank you all for your ideas, suggestions, and constructive feedback. There are too many of you to hope to thank individually, but your impact is felt in this timeline.

e06c5b216d686b559fef1ae752874653.jpg

Thank you again! Thursday returns us to what Jim Henson is up to now.

Respectfully,

GK...

PS: I was going to share a pdf of the first five years of this timeline, but it's too big! I'm looking for other options.

Congratzs on the one year anniversary there @Geekhis Khan - been a wild ride!

Looking forward to how the 90's treat Jim Henson, Disney, and pop culture in general.

I tend to use Dropbox for the compiled timelines I do and then drop links on the timelines.

Last edited:
Congrats on the one year anniversary, @Geekhis Khan !

I was captivated with this timeline the moment I read the first post and I'm glad I got to be on board on the train with everyone here!
Hopefully that we'll get to see more of Jim Henson and the rest of the Walt Disney company as we approach the 90s and beyond.

I have a feeling that ITTL Henson did this segment on Disney's World of Magic and it really is just...magic.

Congratulations on the one year anniversary of something very entertaining, realistic and immersive! We all really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.