Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have a few before this premieres but I still want to share:

So Orion now owns Family Home Entertainment... the fact the Orion now owns home video rights to Gumby, Thundercats and maybe even TMNT and the Transformers (if they still have home video rights to that...) as of 1988 ITTL is amazing.

Also, whatever happened to MGM/UA Home Video? Did Turner keep it and folded it into CBS/Fox Video? or did Disney buy it and it now serves as a label of Buena Vista Home Video? Speaking of which, does whoever now owns MGM/UA Home Video still have home video rights to post-1981 United Artists films?

I think Kingdom Hearts may be replaced by MickeyQuest
Well if Square Enix adapts MickeyQuest in collaboration with Disney, I think it'll be expanded to a new title since there will be an expanded cast of characters rather than just the Muppets or Walt Disney's characters.

Yes.....we could call it: DisneyQuest.

Might as well borrow from Epic Mickey as well: instead of a keyblade, Mick fights with a paintbrush - and the final boss is a jealous Oswald.

Edit: speaking of videogames - Disney Smash Bros., anybody?

Last edited:
Might as well borrow from Epic Mickey as well: instead of a keyblade, Mick fights with a paintbrush - and the final boss is a jealous Oswald.
I think that a MickeyQuest/DisneyQuest game would be more like a standard JRPG than the action-adventure game that Kingdom Hearts is since it reflects DnD mechanics a lot more closely. It'd be like a Disney Baldur's Gate or Final Fantasy, which sounds amazing as hell.

But yeah, I want Oswald to be the villain too as the jealous older brother.
Edit: speaking of videogames - Disney Smash Bros., anybody?
Hell yeah! Disney and Nintendo are already collaborating together on a Dark Crystal game so who knows if they can make a Smash spinoff by the 90s.

Well if Square Enix adapts MickeyQuest in collaboration with Disney, I think it'll be expanded to a new title since there will be an expanded cast of characters rather than just the Muppets or Walt Disney's characters.

Yes.....we could call it: DisneyQuest.
Or maybe MickeyQuest: Kingdom Hearts. While on the subject of Disney & RPG I imagine that Dreamfinder, Figment, and Gellz could possibly become NPCs in D&D.

Amazing the things you sometimes find:

But a redeemable jealous older brother so he can be a PC in future games.
Yeah, I definitely think that Oswald would be redeemed in any MickeyQuest adaptation if they use him as a villain. Really it's the question of who would be the villains in any setting since the Muppets and the Walt Disney characters are all pretty good in nature and we don't have any of the Disney Renaissance villains like Ursula or Jafar (yet....).

EDIT: Wait, we do have the original Disney Princess villains and the ones from the Black Cauldron + the Dark Crystal. Imagine if Mickey, Oswald, Kermit, and the rest of the gang were fighting Maleficent, the scheming Skeksis, or the Horned King.....god that game would be so cool!

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely think that Oswald would be redeemed in any MickeyQuest adaptation if they use him as a villain. Really it's the question of who would be the villains in any setting since the Muppets and the Walt Disney characters are all pretty good in nature and we don't have any of the Disney Renaissance villains like Ursula or Jafar (yet....).

EDIT: Wait, we do have the original Disney Princess villains and the ones from the Black Cauldron + the Dark Crystal. Imagine if Mickey, Oswald, Kermit, and the rest of the gang were fighting Maleficent, the scheming Skeksis, or the Horned King.....god that game would be so cool!
There is Pistol Pete.

Well, Chernabog exists. Why not him as a viable villain?

Well, Chernabog exists. Why not him as a viable villain?
There is Pistol Pete.
Yeah, I definitely think all of these villains are usable for any MickeyQuest tabletop/digital game. There's just so many antagonists that some inevitably slipped out of my mind.
In fact, it's probably refreshing that Disney would use villains like Chernabog or Maleficent as central characters without the OTL Renaissance villains.

Random showerthought: What if Jim Henson, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas dressed up as the Three Musketeers during the opening of Disneyland Valencia? This is so random and ridiculous but it could be a reality, as a humorous play on their own relationship and how Disney is paying homage to European culture.
three-musketeers-mickey-donald-goofy-feat-4.png

Last edited:
Random showerthought: What if Jim Henson, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas dressed up as the Three Musketeers during the opening of Disneyland Valencia? This is so random and ridiculous but it could be a reality, as a humorous play on their own relationship and how Disney is paying homage to European culture.
three-musketeers-mickey-donald-goofy-feat-4.png
Y'know, if anything, I can envision Henson as Mickey, Lucas as Donald, and Spielberg as Goofy. How?

-Henson comes up with wild ideas practically every hour, and a lot of people have considered him the second coming of Walt, who represented Mickey as good as Henson represents Kermit.
-Like Donald is to Mickey, George Lucas is a frequent collaborator of Henson's, to the point that Frank Oz helped to make Yoda the icon he is to this day. Unfortunately, at the worst of times, Donald's greed can be seen through Lucas's ambitions. Especially if we were to look at the prequels!
-As for Spielberg? Well, if you've seen A Goofy Movie, you'd know that both Steven and Goofy have been able to both tug at your heartstrings and make you split your sides with laughter at the drop of a hat. For the heartstrings, we have Schindler's List. For the side-splitting hilarity, look no further than the universe of Animaniacs.

Y'know, if anything, I can envision Henson as Mickey, Lucas as Donald, and Spielberg as Goofy. How?

-Henson comes up with wild ideas practically every hour, and a lot of people have considered him the second coming of Walt, who represented Mickey as good as Henson represents Kermit.
-Like Donald is to Mickey, George Lucas is a frequent collaborator of Henson's, to the point that Frank Oz helped to make Yoda the icon he is to this day. Unfortunately, at the worst of times, Donald's greed can be seen through Lucas's ambitions. Especially if we were to look at the prequels!
-As for Spielberg? Well, if you've seen A Goofy Movie, you'd know that both Steven and Goofy have been able to both tug at your heartstrings and make you split your sides with laughter at the drop of a hat. For the heartstrings, we have Schindler's List. For the side-splitting hilarity, look no further than the universe of Animaniacs.
That's exactly who I imagine the Three Musketeers to be! Now I can't stop but insert all of them together in some of the Mickey Mouse shorts hahahaha

As for the prequels, I have a feeling that with it could emerge as a far superior product, thanks to The Three Musketeers tying all three of them together. Steven Spielberg rejected directing the Prequels in OTL, but perhaps he'll say yes this time thanks to their closer friendship with Lucas. Ironically the more Lucas collabs with Disney and Amblin in this timeline, the more concise and focused the overall product could become, in my opinion.

Last edited:
There's something incredibly satisfying about CBS and Columbia Pictures being under the same corporate umbrella that can't be put into words. It's nowhere near OCD, but it's just so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.