Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Time Bush v. Clinton
Capture.JPG
(made by counting the number of times a Bush or Clinton won each state in 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2016)

genusmap.php

Polls showed Mondale as a favorite in 1984, after Carter's very successful 2nd term, but in the end he only beat George H.W Bush by a slim margin in the electoral college and 2.5% in the popular vote. Mondale did fairly well in the South, taking Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee. Alabama and Florida were very close due to Carter's vigorous campaigning for Mondale there.

However, Mondale wasn't so lucky in 1988...

genusmap.php

He only managed to win his home state of Minnesota (but only by 1.5%), West Virginia (by less than 1500 votes), and of course DC (which he won by a metric fuck ton of votes). Bob Dole pummeled Mondale in the popular vote, winning 60-38%. Massachusetts was the closest of Dole's victories, followed by Rhode Island and New York. Dole won Massachusetts by 4.5%, Rhode Island by just over 5%, and New York by 6.7%.

However, Mondale wasn't so lucky in 1988...

genusmap.php

He only managed to win his home state of Minnesota (but only by 1.5%), West Virginia (by less than 1500 votes), and of course DC (which he won by a metric fuck ton of votes). Bob Dole pummeled Mondale in the popular vote, winning 60-38%. Massachusetts was the closest of Dole's victories, followed by Rhode Island and New York. Dole won Massachusetts by 4.5%, Rhode Island by just over 5%, and New York by 6.7%.

Wow. Of course, Reagan got just a few more EVs in OTL '84, but wow. Poor Mondale. Not even being President could save him from giant landslides.

Here's my continuation on if John B. Anderson ran in 1984
1988 election
upload_2017-5-19_19-6-1.png

George H.W Bush/Bob Dole (R) 456 EVs
Al Gore/Mike Dukakis (D) 63 EVs
Patrick Lucey/Donald Trump (NU) 19 EVs

Does anyone have a good methodology on doing county maps? I've done some in the past, but I don't think I'm doing it right. Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the seventeenth installment in my alternate American election series.

Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia
East Florida
Tennessee
Kansas
Dakota
Arizona
Delaware
Oregon

Ozark is a state typical of Upper South politics. Similar to the state of Tennessee its main two parties are the Democrats and Labor, however unlike the Democrats of Tennessee the Democratic Party of Ozark is much more centrist and has comparable politics to the Democratic branch in North Carolina.

The state's geographic politics has always been one of extremes, with the major cities of St. Louis, Kansas City, and to some extent Springfield as well, leaning heavily towards Labor and the countryside leaning heavily towards the Democrats. The suburbs of St. Louis have also proven themselves as a bastion of Republican support, relatively speaking of course as the GOP is nowhere to be found outside of the three major metropolitan areas.

In this year's election Labor made a significant effort to try and regain government, just like how they did in '09, however the opposite ended up happening with the Democrats winning the slightest of majorities, aided greatly by a razor thin victory in the district of Outer St Louis. The continued growth of the Black Panther Party and decline of the Republicans likely contributed to this result, which siphoned away younger black voters from Labor and added more middle class voters to the Democrats respectively. As a result the new Democratic government was able to rule without even their typical coalition partner, the Constitution party, allowing them to pursue a more centrist economic policy without having to appease deficit hawks.

Government:
Democrats - The party of the South, social conservatism, and centrist economic policies they are the main ruling party of Ozark, having been out of government only seven times since the Conservative Revolution, three of which were accomplished via a grand coalition of Labor, the GOP, and the Black Bloc.

Opposition:
Labor - The main opposition throughout the Upper South, their base in Kansas City and St. Louis especially have enabled them to be part of several governments since the Conservative Revolution. However friction with the Republican party has lead to a fair number of Democratic minority governments over the years, and with the rise of the Black Panther Party their chances of ever regaining the government they held from '09 to '11 seem abysmal.
Republicans - A significant in Missouri their base of middle and upper class whites in the cities has let them have a surprisingly high number of representatives. However ever since the economic crash this growth has reversed and the GOP has been losing seats in every election since.
Constitutionists - The party of evangelical Christians, they have made inroads into the state, just like most other Southern states. However due the relative poverty of most Ozarkans and the cultural memories of the oppression the state faced during the American Civil War they are not a very significant force.
Black Panthers - Black nationalists based among urban African-Americans, the continuation of stop and frisk policies under Labor mayors in both Kansas City and St. Louis has contributed greatly to their rise as many younger blacks realize how the Labor party is not looking out for them.
Black Baptist Bloc - While not nearly as significant in the state of Ozark as in either Arkansas or Tennessee, the fact that they still have a devoted base among older blacks has left the African-American community deeply divided between conservatives, center leftists, and far leftists.

ozark_by_moralisticcommunist-db9v4ga.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.

Closer 1992 US election
genusmap.php

Bill Clinton/Al Gore-Democratic: 283 EV 41.26%
President George HW Bush/Dan Quayle-Republican: 255 EV 40.20%
Ross Perot/James Stockdale-Independent: 0 EV 17.91%

Dukakis wins
genusmap.php

Michael Dukakis/Lloyd Bentsen-Democratic: 280 EV 49.65%
George Bush/Dan Quayle-Republican: 258 EV 49.37%

Last edited:
Oh, and here's an "standard-electoral-map" version of your USA.
View attachment 323793
Oh wow that's super cool that you managed to make a standardized version of my USA! And as for the structure of the executive branch, in most states it's a parliamentary structure where the governor is elected by the lower house, but some states have a more independent governor which is elected in a two-round system. I haven't put too much thought into how the national legislature would work but it'll probably be some sort of EU-esque system, with the possibility of a ceremonial President elected through an electoral college.

Oh wow that's super cool that you managed to make a standardized version of my USA! And as for the structure of the executive branch, in most states it's a parliamentary structure where the governor is elected by the lower house, but some states have a more independent governor which is elected in a two-round system. I haven't put too much thought into how the national legislature would work but it'll probably be some sort of EU-esque system, with the possibility of a ceremonial President elected through an electoral college.
Thanks for the answer. :)

Now I'm curious which states are which. :p

What a modern "Solid South" would probably look like ("Solid" meaning all Southern states are won by a generic Democrat by a margin of at least 10% in a generic election)

DRdP2ln.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.