Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
One big contributing factor to Beshear losing the PV is the fact he is only won WV by these kinds of margins and Romney is winning WY by more than 20 points and ID by 15. That, and the fact both TX and CA voted R by more than 5 points.

One big contributing factor to Beshear losing the PV is the fact he is only won WV by these kinds of margins and Romney is winning WY by more than 20 points and ID by 15. That, and the fact both TX and CA voted R by more than 5 points.

The Texas and California margins would have far greater effect on this than the Idaho and Wyoming ones. If there's one thing 2016 taught us, it's that.

The Texas and California margins would have far greater effect on this than the Idaho and Wyoming ones. If there's one thing 2016 taught us, it's that.
Fair point. Between CA and TX on one side voting R by 5-10% and FL voting D by less than 1% and NY by 5-10%, and the rest of the nation outside of these states, especially mid-sized states like GA, IL, PA, and NC voting for Beshear in aggregate, did i guess the PV right?

Rhad

Banned
What a modern "Solid South" would probably look like ("Solid" meaning all Southern states are won by a generic Democrat by a margin of at least 10% in a generic election)

DRdP2ln.jpg
I would think something like this would be closer to a solid south in the modern day (
upload_2017-5-21_17-16-1.png
)

Fair point. Between CA and TX on one side voting R by 5-10% and FL voting D by less than 1% and NY by 5-10%, and the rest of the nation outside of these states, especially mid-sized states like GA, IL, PA, and NC voting for Beshear in aggregate, did i guess the PV right?

I really couldn't say, but I doubt it's too far off in either direction.

Rhad

Banned
Uh, what?

That's basically what the actual solid south looked like. In modern times, Democrats would run up huge margins in the suburbs and urban areas, as well as the Black Belt, while losing most of the rural South.
We seem to be starting from different points.

I was imagining a timeline where Jimmy Carter won in '80, and the solid south stays democratic.

I could see that, although I don't think Carter winning in 1980 would have kept the South Democratic, as clearly he was a very special candidate and a favorite son, being a folksy peanut farmer from Georgia.

This thread is almost to the end of its lifespan (500 pages) - will there be an Alternate Electoral Maps II coming up soon...?

pASV9C7.jpg

What a 50 state Democratic landslide would look like, on the county level. (Ignore Puerto Rico, it was part of the map and I accidentally colored it too)

Status
Not open for further replies.