Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
YNBLx4KAICAICAKCgCAgCAgCgoDvEBCi7ztspWVBQBAQBAQBQUAQEAQEAUEgYAgI0Q8Y9NKxICAICAKCgCAgCAgCgoAg4DsEhOj7.png

That's not a GOPwank, this is a GOPwank.

This is the map for if Trump is revealed to be the second coming of Christ... Otherwise hell no :p

I don't see how you expect Claire McCaskill, a senator who survived two massive Republican gains, to lose her seat after a full-year Trump debacle.

What Republican gains? She barely won in 2006, a Democratic wave year, and 2012 was a great year for Democrats too with them gaining 2 more seats(Mitt Romney overperformed the downballot GOP), and even then the big reason she survived is because the GOP nominee was Akin, helped by her ratf***ing of the GOP primary. Since then Missouri has heavily trended to the GOP and Trump won 57% of the vote there. She is vulnerable, but still may survive.

I would however say that the compromise scenario is not my prediction but a compromise between the high expectations of Republicans and high expectations of Democrats. I expect Republicans to get around 51-52 seats, maybe 50 if 2018 is really bad for them.

What Republican gains? She barely won in 2006, a Democratic wave year, and 2012 was a great year for Democrats too with them gaining 2 more seats(Mitt Romney overperformed the downballot GOP), and even then the big reason she survived is because the GOP nominee was Akin, helped by her ratf***ing of the GOP primary. Since then Missouri has heavily trended to the GOP and Trump won 57% of the vote there. She is vulnerable, but still may survive.
I see what you're saying. Didn't realize she wasn't up for re/election in 2010 and 2014. I still insist that she (and possibly Joe Donnelly) would likely make reelection after the bad name that Trump, Ryan, and the like have started to give the Republicans, along with a boost from probable increased Democratic turnout.

2016 in reverse:

mkynY.png

I.e, The Democratic candidate wins narrowly but manages to flip a few states that aren't usually considered competitive. In this scenario, North Carolina is 2016 PA, Arizona is 2016 Wisconsin and Georgia is 2016 Michigan. I could actually see this map happening in the near future, though probably not in 2020.

State-by-state polling of candidate support prior to the 1908 election in Forgotten No More:

*lightest shade is 20% or less. Each shade up is +10%.

President Nelson Appleton Miles (Federalist - MA)
Miles.png

Former Secretary Terrence Vincent Powderly (Moderate-Labor Workers - PA)
Powderly.png

Congressman Josiah Strong (Social Gospel Workers - WA)
Strong.png

Governor Augustus Octavius Bacon (Constitution - GA)
Bacon.png

Well This is Something
The 1984 Presidential Election if only Republican, Democratic, or Libertarian Votes were not counted, however if a state with no returns got Libertarian votes, I made it Libertarian:

Third Party America 1984 Recombinated.png

genusmap.php

Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale 492 EV ~ 56% PV

Ronald Reagan/George Bush 46 EV ~ 35% PV

John B. Anderson/Patrick Lucey 0 EV ~ 7% PV

All Others: 1.8% PV ~ 0 EV
genusmap.php

Polls showed Mondale as a favorite in 1984, after Carter's very successful 2nd term, but in the end he only beat George H.W Bush by a slim margin in the electoral college and 2.5% in the popular vote. Mondale did fairly well in the South, taking Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee. Alabama and Florida were very close due to Carter's vigorous campaigning for Mondale there.

upload_2017-5-18_20-2-0.png

Mayor Joe Quimby/Police Chief Clancy Wiggum (D) 314 EVs
Businessman Hank Scorpio/Scientist Frank Grimes (I) 200 EVs
Actor Robert Terwilliger/Radio Personality Rush Limbaugh (Simpsons form) (R) 24 EVs

Status
Not open for further replies.