Alternate Electoral Maps

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Tayya, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoralisticCommunist Banned

This is the fifteenth installment in my alternate American election series.

Metropotamia
    Alta California
    North Carolina
    New Jersey
    Adams
    Alabama

Rhode Island
    Sequoyah
    Assenisipia
    East Florida
    Tennessee
    Kansas
    Dakota

Arizona

Delaware is a small yet interesting state with its own two unique parties, Whig-Labor and the Democratic Republicans.

Whig-Labor was a combination of the Whig and Labor parties during the early 2000s. The Whig party was a centrist liberal party founded in 1973 by aspiring politician Biden who sought to restore order in the aftermath of the Conservative Revolution. While his party remained a minor force during the 1970s during the 1980s it begun to gain steam and after being the main opposition during the mid 80s it became the governing party in 1989. Charting a centrist approach forward the party remained in power until the creation of the Democratic Republicans in 1996 to form an united front against the hegemonic Whig party. This lead to the Whig coalition government of 1997 with Labor, which forced the Whigs to shift more to the left. Then after the Democratic Republicans won control of government in 2001 the decision to unite the two parties was made, leading to Whig-Labor shortly afterwards capturing the House in 2003 and the senate in 2005. Ever since the Whig-Labor has remained the governing party of Delaware, lead by the charismatic John Biden.

However following the election of 2016 Biden made a bombshell announcement when he announced he would be resigning after the end of his thirteenth term a scramble of internal power struggles occurred with the Whig-Labor party. While former treasurer Charles Markell emerged from the primaries as the party leader following the primaries the Democratic Republicans began launching negative campaign ads highlighting his participation in the bailing out of banking corporations at taxpayer's expense. With the Democratic Republicans predicted to retake both the House and Senate for the second time this millennia things looked grim for the Whigs.

Yet when the results came in the implausible occurred, by just one mere seat the Whig-Labor and Green parties possessed a 51 seat majority which proved enough to secure a stable government despite the Democratic Republicans technically being larger than Whig-Labor proper. This miraclous victory likely occurred due to a surge of young voters who had known the Whig party all their lives and did not want Delaware to follow a similar path to other states such as North Carolina or Pennsylvania which were swept up by the Democratic surge of 2016. Thus the Whig-Labor party chugged onwards in continuing its eternal technocratic government.

Government:
    Whig-Labor - A combination of social democratic Labor and Biden's own centrist Whigs, the party can be described ideologically as left-leaning liberal. Favoring a technocratic rule of government with stablity as a number one priority its rule over Delaware has continued for decades on end and after its narrow victory in 2017 seems to have bought itself still more time.
    Greens - The main left wing opposition to the Whigs, they grew from a meager two seats to formidable six in the election of 2017 and have now entered the state government of Delaware for the first time in the history. With a large set of bills from legalizing marijuana to large scale investments in solar power the Greens are sure to push the Whigs even more to the left.

Opposition:
    Democratic Republicans - The main opposition party of Delaware formed specifically to stop the hegemony of the Whigs, they were part of government only from 2001 to 2003, though they almost captured control in 2017 as well. Nevertheless they hope that the Greens' influence in the governing coalition will force the government too far left and result in even more centrist voters switching over to the Democratic Republicans.
    Black Panthers - The black nationalist mainly based in the inner cities of the Wilmington area, the increasing crime rate of the area and inability of the Whig government to do anything about it resulted in the Black Panthers gaining yet another seat in this election as well as a seat in the Senate of Delaware for the first time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. Chicxulub Gillibrand/Castro 2020

You sure about that? I don't recall mapping Delaware at that scale.

3. SirPaperweight Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2008 Obama v Paul.png
    Finished a game of President Infinity as Barack Obama/Joe Biden v. Ron Paul/Mark Sanford in 2008.
    • Obama won the Electoral College 473-65 in an unsurprising landslide.
    • Obama won the popular vote 63.7%-36.3%, beating LBJ's 1964 record.
    • Obama won 84,740,165 votes, by far the most in American history.
    • Voter turnout was 58.9%, a bit more than OTL.
    • Obama did best in DC (95.4%), Rhode Island (77.7%) and Hawaii (74.6%). Paul did best in Utah (68.7%), Wyoming (61.6%) and Nebraska (60.3%).
    • I ran out of money in mid-October, so I wasn't able to run ads for almost a month before the election. If I was, I probably could've won Tennessee, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Alabama, all of which Paul won by less than 4%.
    • I won the endorsements of John McCain, Sarah Palin, George H.W. Bush, Donald Trump, Sam Brownback, Sonny Purdue, Jeff Sessions, Rick Perry and more. I'm pretty sure Paul only received the endorsement of the NRA. Bush Senior was actually a frequent campaign surrogate, holding rallies in Texas to boost the numbers there.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. fashbasher Florida Man! Banned

[​IMG]
    World Parliament first-place party, 2189. The wonky geography has to do with this map being from a children's book. Small-island-based electoral districts are shown as squares; islands that aren't shown (eg Taiwan, the Azores) are included in other electoral districts (Fujian and Coastal Iberia, respectively). Not shown is that due to proportional representation the green Progressive Party absolutely kills it. The "wine glass" nature of polarization (the entire right and the far-left are fractured, the center-left "stem" of the glass only includes one party). means that all governments are formed by the Progressives; the six far-right, three center-right, two-centrist, and four far-left parties are unable to form coalitions without them because of fragmentation.

TimTurner, theev and Upvoteanthology like this.
  5. Turquoise Blue Blossoming Tibby!

This makes no sense at all.

6. fashbasher Florida Man! Banned

It's over 150 years from now, in an ASB alternate history. It need not make sense compared to today. Any specific or constructive critiques would be appreciated.

TimTurner likes this.
  7. Undeadmuffin Muffin want to liiiive !

-What are the empty spaces
    -What is the POD
    -Why having filled the black borders ? (it leave a black trace)
    -You could have put a black border between the different districts/colors

No.233 and fashbasher like this.
  8. Turquoise Blue Blossoming Tibby!

OK. For one "progressive" is a rather Amerocentric word for "left-ish", to be honest.

Secondly. ideologies would change. I actually have a timeline with the present rather close to yours, and the definition of "conservatism" has changed a lot. You say it's 150 years in the future? Then work out what changed inbetween now and that, so how would that change ideologies?

What happened with global warming? If the empty spaces are empty because it's too cold, then, what happened to reverse global warming?

Population distribution is quite off from OTL. NA is very much represented, but China and India, which has a lot more people, don't have enough. So, this too, needs a justification, I'm afraid. When you make maps, you have to justify this sort of stuff.

fashbasher and gap80 like this.
  9. MoralisticCommunist Banned

Ah my bad, I copy pasted that format over from the last map I did which is from the base map you made but for Delaware I just made my own map based on their house of representatives.

10. fashbasher Florida Man! Banned

All good suggestions. Thanks!

11. Gog (♀) Swamp Witch

I did chuckle at Eritrea being colored Stalinist because Eritrea's leadership are literally more radical and tyrannical than stalinists.

12. Utgard96 basically a load of twaddle about freedom

Are we talking OTL? Because I doubt you could call their OTL leadership radical - I don't really think they have much in the way of ideology at all except cartoonish power-hoarding.

13. Gog (♀) Swamp Witch

I mean less in terms of ideology and more in crushing their citizens to the utter extreme (as they are the literal worst nation on earth in this regard)

Utgard96 likes this.
  14. naraht Well-Known Member

Fortunately, unlike the DPRK, Eritrea isn't close to getting nukes.

TimTurner likes this.
  15. Gog (♀) Swamp Witch

They like the low profile, helps them get away with the horrible things, not sure they'd want em.

16. Utgard96 basically a load of twaddle about freedom

Not to mention being so poor that the army literally kidnaps people and holds them for ransom to raise money.

Gog (♀) likes this.
  17. Gog (♀) Swamp Witch

Yeah Eritrea isn't a country that is rich at all, they don't even have the natural resources of NK.

Utgard96 likes this.
  18. TheRedRageCorps Atrocitus' Best Friend Banned

United States Presidential Election, 1788-89
    Former Governor Patrick Henry (Anti-Federalist-Virginia) 37 EVs; 52.8% PV
    Major General Benjamin Lincoln (Federalist-Massachusetts) 22 EVs; 47.2% PV
    The Die Hath Been Cast, 1788-89 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1792
    President Patrick Henry (Anti-Federalist-Virginia) 67 EVs; 51.1% PV
    Former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton (Federalist-New York) 65 EVs; 48.9% PV
    The Die Hath Been Cast, 1792 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1796
    Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson (Republican-Virginia)/Former Governor George Clinton (Republican-New York) 112 EVs; 67.4% PV
    Governor James Iredell (Federalist-North Carolina)/US Minister to France Charles C. Pinckney (Federalist-South Carolina) 26 EVs; 32.6% PV

The Die Hath Been Cast, 1796 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1800
    President Thomas Jefferson (Republican-Virginia)/Vice President George Clinton (Republican-New York) 87 EVs; 53.6% PV
    Representative Thomas Pinckney (Federalist-South Carolina)/Former Senator Samuel Johnston (Federalist-North Carolina) 51 EVs; 46.4% PV
    The Die Hath Been Cast, 1800 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1804
    Senator Alexander Hamilton (Reformist–NY) / Representative Henry Lee III (Reformist–VA) 106 EVs; 42.1%

Senator John Breckinridge (Republican–KY) / Senator Aaron Burr (Republican–NY) 70 EVs; 40.5%
    Fmr. Senator and 1800 VP Candidate Samuel Johnston (Federalist–NC) / Fmr. Governor John Jay (Federalist–NY) 0 EVs; 17.4%
    The Die Hath Been Cast, 1804 Presidential Election.png

Every single election so far in my Election Game, The Die Hath Been Cast.

BippyTheGuy, gap80, Gonzo and 6 others like this.
  19. Al Smith For Real Al Smith!

Below is the 2018 election results for Muregeig, my fake country:

Prime Minister / Hosse of Kommens:
    BlankGlobalMap - Copy.png
    Ryen D. Evanov (CD-AL) 17 Seats (4.5 States won)
    Markus L. Mullar (SWE-D3) 26 Seats (3.5 States won)
    John S. Pidin (SWE-D5) 15 Seats (2 States won)
    2017-04-01-20-45-41-235097-945715470227578652.jpg

Presidential:
    BlankGlobalMap - Copy (2).png
    Cris M. Jonsen (NL) 46 Electors
    Kazah M. Juliz (SWE) 19 Electors
    Cori D. Mklane (CD) 10 Electors

2017-04-01-20-23-53-498891-5251909265492292094.jpg

And the Political Parties:
    Loyalists
    Reformists
    Progressives

And lastly, the list of Kings:

2018 - present: Vladmir I (House of Evanov)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  20. Riley Uhr Muldoon did nothing wrong

if you want to make some better electorates i have a link for you

https://web.archive.org/web/20150721031846/http://twohundertseventy.github.io/Equal-Countries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.