Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

I doubt that very much. What government in Europe would both grant Beauregard asylum (Judah Benjamin got asylum from the Brits) AND allow him to operate as a Confederate "government-in-exile"? The British would never do it, and I could easily see an eventual Third Republic France even handing him over to the Americans :eek: IF Beauregard ever tried such shenanigans whilst living in Paris!
OTOH, fears Beauregard is connected to a government-in-exile could be overblown in an attempt to wave the bloody shirt.

"Today the guns are silent. A great tragedy has ended. A great victory has been won. The skies no longer rain death; the seas bear only commerce; men everywhere walk upright in the sunlight. The entire world lies quietly at peace. The holy mission has been completed.

If we do not now devise some greater and more equitable system, Armageddon will be at our door. The problem basically is theological and involves a spiritual recrudescence and improvement of human character that will synchronize with our almost matchless advance in science, art, literature and all material and cultural developments of the past two thousand years. It must be of the spirit if we are to save the flesh."

-Douglas MacArthur

While this speech does not match entirely, I feel like the spirit of it matches Union hopes after a long season of trials and tribulation leads them to final victory and a new world.

The particularly odious James H. Hammond, who had raped his nieces even as he boasted of Southern refinement and called Northerners mudsills, was even lynched by a mob.
I got curious because I’ve never heard of Hammond before and after reading about him I can firmly say that he got no less than he deserved in ITTL. Funny how the Southern slaver owner I’ve never heard of before turns out to be the most disgusting, worst of them all.

Anyways congrats on a fantastic update and a end to the Civil War. Can’t wait to see how Reconstruction unfolds! I do wonder if Lincoln will ever get to live in the White House again before his second term is finished though.

I got curious because I’ve never heard of Hammond before and after reading about him I can firmly say that he got no less than he deserved in ITTL. Funny how the Southern slaver owner I’ve never heard of before turns out to be the most disgusting, worst of them all.

Anyways congrats on a fantastic update and a end to the Civil War. Can’t wait to see how Reconstruction unfolds! I do wonder if Lincoln will ever get to live in the White House again before his second term is finished though.
Just from mention here, I knew I probably couldn't stomach reading more about Hammond. However, since all we know is that he was lynched, we can always add speculation about what took place before he was launched.

As for the white House, perhaps we will see Mary Todd Lincoln hanging laundry in the East room in 1868. :) may as well have a total reset.

This timelines have reach 5 years and manage to cover 10 years of (alt)history progression from 1854-1864. ITTL Reconstruction would be longer and more thoroughly manner right? When would it end?

OTOH, fears Beauregard is connected to a government-in-exile could be overblown in an attempt to wave the bloody shirt.
Doesn't that term actually refer to the critics themselves for falsely attacking their enemies for "engaging in partisan activity"? If wiki is to be believed, the origin of the phrase was false. The supposed "bloody shirt waver"-Ben Butler-never waved any shirt at all. The lie was told by the Ku Klux Klan, in "denouncing" Butler's "lies" about Klan violence (that the KKK denied, of course :rolleyes: ).

Doesn't that term actually refer to the critics themselves for falsely attacking their enemies for "engaging in partisan activity"? If wiki is to be believed, the origin of the phrase was false. The supposed "bloody shirt waver"-Ben Butler-never waved any shirt at all. The lie was told by the Ku Klux Klan, in "denouncing" Butler's "lies" about Klan violence (that the KKK denied, of course :rolleyes: ).
Well, the figure of speech remains, especially with the question of "legitimate" exile being a contentious one and all that.

I would say that the climax of the story was in previous chapters. So this one was not really anti-climatic, but rather a resolution where things are wrapped up.

I would say that the climax of the story was in previous chapters. So this one was not really anti-climatic, but rather a resolution where things are wrapped up.
I believe my seventh grade English teacher would refer to it as a denoumet. Except she would spell a lot better. :).

By the way, for experiments, if Red or anyone wants to mention Doctor Da Costa, or I could, I was thinking of a simple one, where a person comes to be interviewed and while they are sitting waiting for him to come in, an assistant sets off a couple of firecrackers in a room behind them. So that the person is startled, but otherwise would not be hurt. The study would be to see if they are affected, how long they remembered it, and so on. Some troll groups would not have the firecrackers, and the study could look at ball players and other athletes like the president, soldiers, and others of both races.

I'm not sure if Doctor Dacosta performed experiments like that or not, but it would be interesting

I know, but I choose not to use a formal term. Also, what mistakes I made ?
I don't think you made any spelling mistakes, I am referring to my own.

Although I thought that was something most people would get, with my Asperger's it is hard to tell for sure. And I might not be quite understanding what you are asking. :)

I don't think you made any spelling mistakes, I am referring to my own.

Although I thought that was something most people would get, with my Asperger's it is hard to tell for sure. And I might not be quite understanding what you are asking.
Looking back, it makes sense that you meant your spelling, not mine. So it is me who is making a mistake.

@Red_Galiray I wonder how Iowa will go with everything going on, if you want to. A state so close to Missouri, Nebraska, and Kansas will have gone through many problems, and seemingly many opportunities to grow and change in this timeline.