The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

This is for 2001
1707686821112.png

Is there a small-regular size WorldA with only national borders ?

The WorldA only has one size, the proto-WorldA that doesn't include most of the Pacific hasn't been used in a very long time.

With that said I do have a version of the map that only includes colors and national borders;

Simplified World Map, 2023.png

Aside from a density by country, autonomous territory and states that I did in 2011, I don't think any exist.
There's a QBAM one that you might be able to downsize to fit in a world-a since they should be the same projection

I can't attach it right since its apparently too big

Edit: I just did some quick testing and you lose some detail to pixels merging in the shrinking process, but it absolutely is doable to convert

Last edited:
Does anyone have a population density map?
found some links

full image

from qbam thread

you just have to re-size it down but the projection will fit

There's a QBAM one that you might be able to downsize to fit in a world-a since they should be the same projection

I can't attach it right since its apparently too big

Edit: I just did some quick testing and you lose some detail to pixels merging in the shrinking process, but it absolutely is doable to convert
QBAM and WorldA aren't the same projection. From what I can tell, QBAM and nothing are the same projection. But it's good enough.

So after a very long time of procrastinating on this I finally got around to fixing the Spratly Islands; I also added an island off of Vietnam's coast and a small fix to part of the Bornean coast near-by.

Note that due to the sheer amount of islands controlled or claimed by so many states, and many so close to each other, I have shown the area as claimed by multiple sides.

Spratly's Patch.png

Alright, so I've been doing some patches in the Japan area.

Fixes:
-Fixed the entirety of the Kuril Islands.
-Some fixes to China's coast in the Sea of Bohai.
-South Sakhalin.
-Added some islands near the coasts of Japan and South Korea.
-Fixed the size and position of Jeju Island.
-Corrected the Liancourt Rocks to be shown as controlled by S. Korea and claimed by Japan.
-Fixed the size and shape of some of the Japanese islands in the Sea of Japan.
-Removed a non-existent island near Hokkaido.

Japan Area Patch, 3.6.24.png

Additionally, while doing the above I ended-up also fixing some parts of the Burmese border but I wanted to post this separate;

Burmese Border Patch, 3.8.24.png

Correct, plus downsizing the QBAM of course kills the shoreline.

Worlda in Neon Green and gray, qbam in red, whites, blues:

I mean sure it could work as a off hand guide....

QBAM doesn't fit anyway, but maybe this could be better. It would only need correction for white areas like Hawaii and other minor islands.

Attachments

• Worlda - Population Density (2005).png
    Worlda - Population Density (2005).png
    181.3 KB · Views: 146
So I still have the overall borders of Central Asia on my To Check List, but here's a patch of some stuff I've done;

-Added some lakes.
-Fixed some existing lakes.
-Fixed Kazakhstan's Caspian coast.
-Some minor border tweaks.

Central Asia Patch, 3.15.24.png

It seems that in 2002 the Republic of China gave up claims to Mongolia. But it is not entirely clear whether they gave up Tuva? I mean the green border.
I think they gave up Tuva and the Central Asian claims when the Soviet Union fell
Forgive me for necroing these comments from two years ago, but given my recent cartographic spree, I really need to know if the Republic of China/Taiwan gave up their territorial claims in Mongolia and Tuva, if they actually did dropped their claims almost twenty two years ago, you would expect that they would at least have started to make updated maps, unlike the vast majority of them that still show their century-old border claims.