The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

I have been testing with GProjector until I managed to fit a map of the population density in the QBam, it is not completely accurate but I think it is useful. Adapted from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:World_human_population_density_map.png, made by daysleeperrr from reddit

PD: It does not allow me to upload the entire image because it is too large

Population Density Qbam - 1.png
Population Density Qbam - 2.png
Population Density Qbam - 3.png

Last edited:
Is the data in Bosnia, Serbia, and Montenegro so insufficient that we only have the national population density?
The lack of precision is from the base map. It could be modified, there are some more accurate maps of Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia. Also the Sahara desert and Saudi Arabia I think they should have less population density

So I got tired of georeferencing maps and then overlaying them on QBAM and finding that the Nile seems to be off despite the georeference being perfect. So I edited it.

Nile Update.png

1604390909673.png

Behold! I have mapped all of India's divisions. Version without rainbow colors:
1604391050060.png

Also, some of India's districts need redoing, as new districts have been created. I've done Bihar, but some others (Chhattisgarh I'm looking at you in particular) need redoing.

View attachment 596535
Behold! I have mapped all of India's divisions. Version without rainbow colors:
View attachment 596536
Also, some of India's districts need redoing, as new districts have been created. I've done Bihar, but some others (Chhattisgarh I'm looking at you in particular) need redoing.
You missed two three states there: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Gujarat.
1604391050060.png

Also, we're going to have a field day with Telangana. The state has 33 districts since 2019.

Last edited:
I don’t even know how to comment this right here but I’m going to warn you guys on this thread about this because I discovered this just now (not that it’s the end of the world or something): the state’s “subdivisions” of Brazil (the “mesoregions” and “microregions”) that are used for statistical purposes by IBGE were "revoked" by the same institute and replaced by "intermediate and immediate geographic regions", and this happened in 2017 and I believe that almost no one knows this.
In summary, the completeness of Brazil's state subdivisions is currently wrong.

There is this IBGE PDF explaining (in portuguese) the change and it contains higher quality maps of these changes, and also includes previous versions of subdivisions than the one that currently exists in QBAM;

1606713242791.png
1606713281294.png

A reservior created by the Khashm el-Girba Dam (the lake itself doesn't have a name). It randomly just appears on google maps when you zoom in.
There's another body of water further south on the qbam which I'm pretty sure is the Khashm el-Gibra reservoir.
Just curious cause I'm working on a comprehensive artificial lake/reservoir map

There's another body of water further south on the qbam which I'm pretty sure is the Khashm el-Gibra reservoir.
Just curious cause I'm working on a comprehensive artificial lake/reservoir map
I've started a reservoir/artificial lake list a while ago but it is still largely incomplete, I can try to upload it somewhere if you would like.