The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by hadaril, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

Would you also rject other people doing these maps? Also, the thing with 1844/45 is that it is before the Mexican-American War.

2. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

I'm not rejecting others doing them, I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't.

Red Arturoist likes this.
  3. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

upload_2019-3-22_13-12-31.png
    1848 fixes, courtesy of Kolchack.

4. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

- Added Kolchack's 1848 Fixes
    - Added 600 AD

5. Lord Arthur Well-Known Member

Do you think you could cover 1683 and 1699, the beginning and end of the Great Turkish War respectively?

Uralicker likes this.
  6. ZayoTVRadio Deposed Manatee

Great Manatee Republic of Choina Situation
    The km per pixel ratio continues to fluctuate with each border I select on the map (such as Idaho's Southern Border vs the US-Mexican Border).

7. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

Correct. This is a result of the map's projection. Lengths are compressed and expanded depending on longitude.

8. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

BTW here's the progress on the topography map
    upload_2019-3-27_21-48-11.png

9. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

March 31st, 2019
    - Added 750 AD
    - [600 - 1200 AD]: Fixed china's external borders & added details/corrections to those of their protectorates.
    - 1960: Borders in Africa should now reflect the state of the continent on Jan 1st, 1960 (French Africa mostly decolonized later that year)
    - 1980: Colored Uganda

To-do list:

- ww1 maps

ST15RM likes this.
  10. Threadmarks: Argentina Patches

Thanksforallthefish King of Dolphins

Some comments:
    • Both East and West Germany appear in the 1946 map. They weren't established until 1949. They should appear as occupied like Austria and Japan.
    • Depending on the exact date of the 1861 map, it should show the State of Buenos Aires in Argentina as independent but claimed, which won against the Argentine Confederation in the battle of Pavón (17 September) and reunited the country in December (long story...)
    • The 1815 shows the conflict between the League of Free Peoples and the Tucumán Congress, which is great. However, it's inaccurate. Buenos Aires was not a member (in fact, the league was pretty much formed against it), neither was Córdoba. Also they both share the same color which is confusing. I propose coloring the League with Uruguay's color (since it's widely understood as the predecessor of modern Uruguay) and the rest with the Argentina color, with mutual claims between the both of them.
    • While the Moche might not have been an unified culture, there is reason to consider adding them to the pre-700 AD maps.
    • The Missisipian, Aridoamerican, etc. cultures appear in the pre-1500 maps, however they weren't unified cultures AFAIK. Is there a way to show that (like cultural spheres?) I believe the Celts and Germanics had the same issue.
    Also, what's the criteria for showing internal borders? I have a patch for Argentina's internal (and external) border changes (under the spoiler), if you're interested. But it would also mean to include other federal states like Brazil IMO.

(the color scheme is not necessary, but I like Argentina better as sky-blue.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  11. Imperator Frank Tellurian Worldbuilder

Why is Vancouver colored in on the 650 AD map?

12. APeninSpace I've got no clue what I'm doing

Who is Chirst and why does he get to have an era named after him in this series?

13. Stuyvesant #Gillibrand2020

Perhaps someone should adapt the Timeline Patches to this map?

prolemasses likes this.
  14. Lord Hastur of Carcosa Unspeakable

Because the site's name is Alternate History.

hadaril likes this.
  15. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

Fixed the Vancouver issue, and Jesus Chirst filed a legal name change to "Christ". The roman courts just got back to me; the name change was accepted. Hence forth, he shall be known as "Jesus Christ".

16. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

I'll get those issues fixed soon, thanks for the heads up. As a true alternate historian, I know nothing about post-colonial south american history. From all the timelines I've read, nothing ever happens down there! :p
    Great work on the patches! They look fantastic. I gave your post a threadmark for easy access.

17. ZeSteel Well-Known Member

Just a question @hadaril what happened to the other BC maps? I remember there being a 1350 BC map and I think a 100 BC map.

18. Thanksforallthefish King of Dolphins

I gotta work in more South American TLs :p

Thank you! I would help to update the maps but I'm currently without a mouse. If I find anything I can help with I'll be around this thread.

Kudos for your work!

19. hadaril NextGen Worlda Project Lead

I took them out temporarily while ST15RM works on his, but I can add them back in if people want.

20. Uebeltank Just wanting a better world.

Bornholm is Swedish on the 2017 map... As is Gotland.

hadaril and Miner like this.