The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Thanks for the info.

I have'nt added the Burmese Civil War borders since the situation is still fluctuating and the Sudan Situation needs updating, but here's one for this year.

EDIT: Scroll down to the full, complete version.

Last edited:
And here's an update for the Sudanese Civil War; hopefully I won't have to do another update before the 1st.

EDIT: I did in fact have to update this AGAIN!

Situation in Sudan, 2023 (Dec.).png

Last edited:
Alright, so I finally finished the Burma Civil War Patch for this year.
Please note that I can't guarantee it's totally accurate as I found it incredibly difficult to find actual maps of territory controlled so I ended-up using a map showing the gains from last month and a map from 2022 to make this.

Situation in Burma, 2023 (Dec.).png

Last edited:
So as it's close enough to the end of the year here is my official 2023 GCS World Map.

Aside from adding the Civil War borders and Russo-Ukrainian borders I've slightly changed the color I use for the EU and changed it to show the UK and Frances territories with a Territory color, gave the Channel Islands the British Protectorate (closest thing I can determine they act as) color and changed the colors in Antarctica to show that the Australian, British and French areas are treated as Territories rather than integral areas; additionally I did some minor corrections to a few borders and changed Japan and Taiwan's ocean territory lines to encompass most of its territories rather than splitting them up or leaving them unambiguous.

EDIT: Changing to add updates.

CE 2023.png

Last edited:
A small revolution. The map feels... different. Could you post a version with the various civil wars in Africa and Middle East (basically, at both ends of the Red Sea) colored-in patches, just to have an idea?

Last edited:
Here's a patch showing it.

View attachment 878688
God damn the world is a mess, only thing that I think has relevance that I'd like to see is Naxalite territory in India but I'm sure the studying logistics of figuring that shit out is not simple and I'd never want to come across as ungrateful for all the work you've done (by putting more work upon you per se).

Last edited:
God damn the world is a mess, only thing that I think has relevance that I'd like to see is Naxalite territory in India but I'm sure the studying logistics of figuring that shit out is not simple and I'd never want to come across as ungrateful for all the work you've done (by putting more work upon you per se).

I've never really done them since they don't actually hold any territory (outside of maybe a small village or so); if they were to be shown it would be as part of a different map showing Areas of Activity for Terror Groups, which I think someone actually did for them once.

I've never really done them since they don't actually hold any territory (outside of maybe a small village or so); if they were to be shown it would be as part of a different map showing Areas of Activity for Terror Groups, which I think someone actually did for them once.
Oh. Any idea where to go find it?

Here's a patch I just did for the Caribbean adding some borders (which previously I really didn't want to add) and fixing some island shapes and sizes.

Caribbean Patch 2024.png