The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

So how's Molotov wife? She was Jewish and actually rather pro isreal which got her thrown in a Gulag OTL, yet she stayed a loyal communist, apps fainting when she heard stalin died. Is she still so loyal now that the Soviets have made it so abundantly clear they hate Jews

- Egypt is bit hard but probably Italians take Alexandria and perhaps create Coptic state there. Israel takes Sinai and perhaps Suez Canal. Rest of Egypt might be co-occupied by Italy and United Kingdom. Not sure what happens to its government. Perhaps monarchy is restored.

Egypt.png

Something along those lines?
-Israel gets Southern Lebanon, the Sinai and the Suez canal along with Nabataea (to protect Aqaba).
-Italy extends the libyan border to annex all the desert areas of Egypt.
-Lower Egypt is created as a Coptic-run satellite state (including Alexandria which may also be directly annexed to Italy). This state encompasses the entire Nile Delta as well Cairo. Population 12-14 million. About 3 million Copts.

View attachment 489494

Something along those lines?
-Israel gets Southern Lebanon, the Sinai and the Suez canal along with Nabataea (to protect Aqaba).
-Italy extends the libyan border to annex all the desert areas of Egypt.
-Lower Egypt is created as a Coptic-run satellite state (including Alexandria which may also be directly annexed to Italy). This state encompasses the entire Nile Delta as well Cairo. Population 12-14 million. About 3 million Copts.

Yeah, Egypt is pretty screw over.

It be neat to see the Coptics go full on Pharaonism and back by Italy to further entrench themselves against what's left of Egypt.

(I'm a fan of the Coptics and Pharanoism.)

@Sorairo dude this is how divided China looks like after the war?
View attachment 489515

Indeed, thank you kindly and sincerely.

What should also be known is that while the map itself may give the PRC the impression of size, in reality, due to famine and everyone making a break down south, the north has only about a third of the population the south has.

Thus the great historical irony that ITTL China and Japan are divided while Korea is united ... under Communism..

Burma and Ceylon should be dominions.

And aren't Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos still be French protectorates?

I believe their protectorate status is implied by their blue outlines (and many a misgiving they have about being protectorate status has vanished in light of a resurgent Chiang north of their borders).

If you wanted to be precise a darker shade for Ceylon and Burma would be preferable but it's a great map all the same.

Burma would want Dominion status for now I would think as insurance against any possible pressure from Thailand.

It be neat to see the Coptics go full on Pharaonism and back by Italy to further entrench themselves against what's left of Egypt.

I am still wary of Italian expansion. The Turks can be seen as a 'local power' so their expansion is more palpable in the time and place. Even with a stronger colonialism ITTL its more if slowing down colonialism than expanding it with borders. And I could see Egypt being the lesser evil to the West and getting off easier compared to the UAR. Besides if they already are losing territory to Israel i could see some wanting to keep Egypt somewhat of a player to hold the Italians in check rather than set up that corner of Africa as a giant Italian-Israelii sphere of influence.

Perhpas instead a Special Autonomous Zone with a Free City of Alexandria where the Italians cooperate with Coptics in a situation similar to Formosa?

I assume the UN wants the new Xinjiang State to be in the mold of the European neutrals. But with the situation and lacking boots in the ground might it end up a Dictatorship? The West would mostly care about it being Anticommunist; and the RA and ROC might want to check democracy a bit in Asia.

“He died from a highly concentrated lead poisoning deposit in his brain”

Are you mad!? Bullets cost money, and have you even seen the budget? We have a perfectly serviceable pillow right here! And once you're done it can be washed and back to working for the glory of the revolution inside a day.

A few questions on the map
1) Is still possible for Sudan to fall apart into the two pieces of the co-dominion? (and for Italy to pick up one?)
2) What is the X in the Northwest end of Iceland?
3)How much is a Railroad (or even a road) where Tibet joins Burma? Does Tibet need a rail that way, or are connections to India/Afghanistan good enough?
4) So there is now a connection between the USSR and its allies to a Warm Water Port through North Iran and (Syria-Iraq) onto the Persia Gulf. Is that of *any* use to the Soviets?
5) Given that the PRC borders Tibet rather than the ROC bordering Xinjiang (the Muslim NW China state), why should the Soviets care whether it becomes part of the ROC, the ROC would have an incredible amount of difficulty defending it...

Hopefully, goa can be slowly taken back from Portugal. Also maybe India can offer itself as an alternative to Burma, Nepal and Bhutan than expansionist china? Britain can not project its power that well now. They need a regional protector. I won't be surprised if Savarkar starts to agitate Buddhist and Tamils in Sri Lanka against Muslims to get more influence there. Same is also true in the case of Burma.

Last edited: