Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the status of Lake Talk ITTL? Or the game 45s?

Lake Talk most likely does not exist, given the lesser number of Italian immigrants in New England in general, along with the competition of other languages.

45s is played throughout northern New England and the Maritimes. It is not really played in southern New England, and is associated with the Irish-Acadian culture of the Maritimes.

@Kanan How's Trailer Park Boys doing ITTL? It's probably a New England production.

and who has host New England's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? ITTL?

Trailer Parks are a wholly U.S. phenomenon, and are very uncommon in New England. The idea of a "suburban" concentration of lower-income people simply does not really exist in New England. Lower income people live in cities (apartments, row houses) or in rural New England (cottages similar to this). One could argue it's a step back from actual trailer parks, as running water in the most rural of New England settlements is not a guarantee, and by and large wood-fired stoves are the main heat source for a vast number of New England's rural population. Some areas go without electricity, but 99.5% of New England has access to it.

Steve Carell hosts Who Wants to be a Millionaire? in New England.

@Kanan Do they drive on the right hand side or the left hand side of the road in New England?

Right-hand side. Thank the US for that.

Can we please have a world map?

Here it is :)

Last edited:
Trailer Parks are a wholly U.S. phenomenon, and are very uncommon in New England. The idea of a "suburban" concentration of lower-income people simply does not really exist in New England. Lower income people live in cities (apartments, row houses) or in rural New England (cottages similar to this). One could argue it's a step back from actual trailer parks, as running water in the most rural of New England settlements is not a guarantee, and by and large wood-fired stoves are the main heat source for a vast number of New England's rural population. Some areas go without electricity, but 99.5% of New England has access to it.
It's a Canadian show OTL

In total fairness, for all the stereotypes trailer parks bring up, it’s interesting to imagine they can beat out the supposed “Arcadia” that are rural Yankee areas by virtue of having running water and heat. I imagine some patriotic thumpers would quietly drop bragging on local conditions real fast once that got pointed out.

In total fairness, for all the stereotypes trailer parks bring up, it’s interesting to imagine they can beat out the supposed “Arcadia” that are rural Yankee areas by virtue of having running water and heat. I imagine some patriotic thumpers would quietly drop bragging on local conditions real fast once that got pointed out.

From what I understand, trailers are pretty terrible at retaining heat, which is why there's generally more of them down south than in the north (this is just from my experience). These cottages have heat! Mostly wood stoves. This is actually really common even today in New Hampshire. My home is heated with a wood stove (although I have a propane heater as a backup). I only know of... ten? People near me that actually has an oil furnace. Almost everyone has wood heat, so this isn't totally unheard of. The water, I have nothing too! You're probably right there.

Gian

Banned
BTW, is there something like a United 2026 bid for the U.S.-Canada-New England-Mexico or something like it?

American Civil War
O5a16pB.png

@Kanan, that was a hell of a post about *TTL's Civil War and Reconstruction; seems like there was some integration sooner ITTL. A bloodier Civil War, but a better Reconstruction makes for a better off US in the long run ITTL...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: turn this into a TL on the Before 1900 board; you'd get a lot of readers...

Are the Northern Mexico states in the US culturally southern or culturally similar to OTL New Mexico? Same question with SoCal, is it OTL Cali or culturally southern?

Last edited:
@Kanan, that was a hell of a post about *TTL's Civil War and Reconstruction; seems like there was some integration sooner ITTL. A bloodier Civil War, but a better Reconstruction makes for a better off US in the long run ITTL...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: turn this into a TL on the Before 1900 board; you'd get a lot of readers...

Thank you! That's very true about the U.S. I one day plan to expand on the reconstruction era with it's own page because in many ways it's more impactful in explaining how the USA is today than the war.

As for moving it well... I never really knew where this timeline should go. The POD is back in the 1600s, but I very rarely spend any time back before 1800, and the vast majority of the stuff I produce is modern graphics. I wouldn't want to just focus on say, the pre-1900 stuff. My goal is to give a compete overview of the modern world, laced with a bunch of updates on the past. Idk where else this would fit.

Are the Northern Mexico states in the US culturally southern or culturally similar to OTL New Mexico?

Jefferson and Salado (the two closest to the Gulf) are a mix of southern and "New Mexico" with heavy Hispanic influence. Sonora and Chihuahua (closest to California) are very much like New Mexico culturally and are majority Hispanic.

Beautiful. Wonder how my distant Uncle did fighting in the war.

(While I am from New England, my Great x7 Grandfather fought in the New Jersey militia during the War for Independence in OTL, so I'd prob still be an American ITTL)

Probably well, New Jersey men fought in the eastern theater which had the lowest casualty rates despite the rebels digging trenches every 2 weeks.

Probably well, New Jersey men fought in the eastern theater which had the lowest casualty rates despite the rebels digging trenches every 2 weeks.

My family moved out to Ohio after the Revolution, so, Ezekiel II (the said uncle) would've been an Ohio man.

How did Ohio men fair during the war?

(Not too well, I assume.)

My family moved out to Ohio after the Revolution, so, Ezekiel II (the said uncle) would've been an Ohio man.

How did Ohio men fair during the war?

(Not too well, I assume.)

Probably less good, as most Ohio regiments would have fought in the cluster**** that was the Tennessees, which is where a majority of the heavy casualty battles where. (For all the trenches in the east, the battles of the Mississippi were just bloodbaths)

Probably less good, as most Ohio regiments would have fought in the cluster**** that was the Tennessees, which is where a majority of the heavy casualty battles where. (For all the trenches in the east, the battles of the Mississippi were just bloodbaths)

Figured as much. At least he didn't have an impact on my birth either way! I think. I hope.....

Also, I take that back, his name was actually Thomas II. Ezekiel II was my Great x5 Grandfather who for some reason didn't in the war.

What does Robert Gould Shaw do ITTL?

Member of the Royal New England Navy. Rose to the rank of Commodore 2nd class and participated in the Bombardment of Alexandria.

When polled, who tops the greatest presidents rankings? And how is Lincoln viewed by history.

Lincoln, by a country mile. Lincoln is viewed incredibly well by history, despite his less than radical reconstruction tendencies. But the groundwork he laid by keeping the Union together is considered invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.