Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun little map... tried to do a "tourism map"

OmCvLA5.png

Set in my "flipped world" - the world south of Sakhalin and Orbetello was flipped horizontally, sending the Muslim world east and China west. Here we find Andalus, the surviving remnants of the Umayyad province of al-Andalus, which was ravaged by the flip.

Plate tectonics kicked in and trigger several severe earthquakes, radically altering the landscape of what was once al-Lixbuna (Lisbon) and Culumriyya (Coimbra). As the ground settled, the people of Hispania found a large island chain (Milisliya - "The Thousand Islands") and a completely different coastline. While the Muslim world to the south rejoiced at the apparent destruction of most of Christendom (except the Roman Empire and southern Italy), al-Andalus worked hard to recover. Their distance, neglect, and new coastline all contributed to the new "Cordoban mindset" - always be on your toes, never be afraid to bargain.

Their mindset allowed them to reach across the seas to their north and east (old west) and establish markets for wood and fur in Kamchatka and the Pacific Northwest. Their footprint is clearly visible today, in the wide usage of Andalusi and Arabic across North Janna¹, and the popularity of Andalusian fashion and music.

¹Janna is the popular name for the Americas, which were initially named as such after "al-Janna" or "Paradise" due to the lands sheer beauty. So North Janna is North America.

I couldn't think of what I wanted to do for the region, so I settled on just doing Andalus for now

See Europe/China here

EDIT: fixed minimap

Last edited:
Random map based on an old map request thread posting, in which the HRE evolves a bit more organically into a unified state, retaining somewhat more of its political diversity, [1] although there has been a fair amount of absorption of minor states and secularization of Church-dominated ones. (Some of which have become bourgeois republics like the Free Cities, although in a couple cases they've invited in junior members of the various princely dynasties to act as heads of state). The various counties, duchies, and principalities still retain a fair amount of power, with the Habsburgs having a lock on the Emperor slot but having less power as Emperors than they do as kings and grand dukes in their own lands (Hungary was spun off under a cadet branch of the Habsburgs as the HRE consolidated, to keep the neighbors and the Hungarians from freaking out [2]). The Imperial Parliament and other all-HRE institutions are increasingly dominant.

[1] You should assume there are some more microstates (knights of the empire and such) which also exist but are too small to bother adding to the map.
[2] But that didn't stick, ultimately.

View attachment 821831
Did the Habsburg King of Hungary end up in Croatia or did someone else get that slot? And why was England renamed to Britain here?

Random map based on an old map request thread posting, in which the HRE evolves a bit more organically into a unified state, retaining somewhat more of its political diversity, [1] although there has been a fair amount of absorption of minor states and secularization of Church-dominated ones. (Some of which have become bourgeois republics like the Free Cities, although in a couple cases they've invited in junior members of the various princely dynasties to act as heads of state). The various counties, duchies, and principalities still retain a fair amount of power, with the Habsburgs having a lock on the Emperor slot but having less power as Emperors than they do as kings and grand dukes in their own lands (Hungary was spun off under a cadet branch of the Habsburgs as the HRE consolidated, to keep the neighbors and the Hungarians from freaking out [2]). The Imperial Parliament and other all-HRE institutions are increasingly dominant.

[1] You should assume there are some more microstates (knights of the empire and such) which also exist but are too small to bother adding to the map.
[2] But that didn't stick, ultimately.

View attachment 821831
nice map :) what is the capital?

POD? Lore?
I don't have too specific lore beyond the notes, the POD is whenever you are reading this HE IS COMING

I'm rather curious as to how the heck India swallowed Pakistan and Bangladesh.
not sure but it is a simple way to make life terrible for the most Muslims possible

I don't know whether to coom over big Serbia or be horrified at the things that likely happen in a Serbia of such size, especially in such an Islamophobic world. How are the Bosniaks doing?

How did the US get the stairway border? Evidently it follows very modern provincial boundaries except in Manitoba.
The Bosniaks have been successfully de-islamicised and returned to their orthodox faith. Some resisted but they are gone now.
Multiple states left Canada due to its progressivism and neglect of the west and joined the US, some places like British Columbia joined up later, Canada was allowed to maintain a strip of land connecting their territories in the Arctic to Ontario (yeah this admittedly isn't too realistic, I just wanted to test out a big USA)

Fun little map... tried to do a "tourism map"

GWw3Hr6.png

Set in my "flipped world" - the world south of Sakhalin and Orbetello was flipped horizontally, sending the Muslim world east and China west. Here we find Andalus, the surviving remnants of the Umayyad province of al-Andalus, which was ravaged by the flip.

Plate tectonics kicked in and trigger several severe earthquakes, radically altering the landscape of what was once al-Lixbuna (Lisbon) and Culumriyya (Coimbra). As the ground settled, the people of Hispania found a large island chain (Milisliya - "The Thousand Islands") and a completely different coastline. While the Muslim world to the south rejoiced at the apparent destruction of most of Christendom (except the Roman Empire and southern Italy), al-Andalus worked hard to recover. Their distance, neglect, and new coastline all contributed to the new "Cordoban mindset" - always be on your toes, never be afraid to bargain.

Their mindset allowed them to reach across the seas to their north and east (old west) and establish markets for wood and fur in Kamchatka and the Pacific Northwest. Their footprint is clearly visible today, in the wide usage of Andalusi and Arabic across North Janna¹, and the popularity of Andalusian fashion and music.

¹Janna is the popular name for the Americas, which were initially named as such after "al-Janna" or "Paradise" due to the lands sheer beauty. So North Janna is North America.

I couldn't think of what I wanted to do for the region, so I settled on just doing Andalus for now

See Europe/China here
Thankfully I read the description, I honestly felt lost at trying to comprehend what the map depicts :coldsweat:
Anyway, are you still going to expand the lore of your world? I'd love to see what wacky scenarios this could lead to.

Tacticool dogs?!

Tacticool dogs

Only like two of those are dogs.

Bottom two are a cheetah and hyena respectively.
Top one seems like an otter or weasel (thought I am not sure).
While the second one is a fox.

(Also, I just realized the second dog has headphones/earmuffs where human ears would be. Goes to show that AI art still isn't perfect despite having become rather advanced.)

Thankfully I read the description, I honestly felt lost at trying to comprehend what the map depicts :coldsweat:
Anyway, are you still going to expand the lore of your world? I'd love to see what wacky scenarios this could lead to.
Yeah I've been enjoying making mini windows into this world.

Only like two of those are dogs.

Bottom two are a cheetah and hyena respectively.
Top one seems like an otter or weasel (thought I am not sure).
While the second one is a fox.

(Also, I just realized the second dog has headphones/earmuffs where human ears would be. Goes to show that AI art still isn't perfect despite having become rather advanced.)
First one is a Mink! Cause I like minks

Is this based off like Quranic prophecies that the ummah will be under attack and stuff before the Mahdi arrives?

The Bosniaks have been successfully de-islamicised and returned to their orthodox faith. Some resisted but they are gone now.
Successfully de-Islamicized? Sounds like a painful process. RIP.
Multiple states left Canada due to its progressivism and neglect of the west and joined the US, some places like British Columbia joined up later, Canada was allowed to maintain a strip of land connecting their territories in the Arctic to Ontario (yeah this admittedly isn't too realistic, I just wanted to test out a big USA)
Its a very visually pleasing border & that kind of makes some sense since nobody lives in that northern part of Manitoba anyway except for the wendigo. As for western pro-US separatism, with the exception of BC, I can see it under the right conditions. Such ideas exist, albeit in a fringe form. With a firmly republican US and some other necessary divergences, I can see it.

I don't have too specific lore beyond the notes, the POD is whenever you are reading this HE IS COMING

not sure but it is a simple way to make life terrible for the most Muslims possible

An interesting dystopian - at least for any Muslim - world. It most likely is dystopian for many or even most others, too... India, for example, is probably a far-right Hindu nationalist and/or Hindutva dictatorship? The neo-USSR(?) and the People's Republic of China are most likely authoritarian or totalitarian, too?

Why is Biłasism trying to stigmatise, restrict or outlaw charity? What is the idea behind this and what else is in Biłas' ideology/proposals?

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
What if USSR was more interested to expand towards Asia instead Europe SNIP

If this had been reported in a timely manner you would have been kicked for Plagiarism.

However it is more than three months old, so you are getting away with just a Warning. Don't expect any more easy outs.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
XPost from the MOTF:

This map shows the People's Republic of New Africa six years after the conclusion of the Southern Civil War and three years after the African People's Party consolidated absolute power over the state, establishing the one-party dictatorship which would last until the mid-1990s.

GFr0WpO.jpg

Controversial on both sides of the border was the collaboration of the U.S. Office of Strategic Services (OSS) both in funding African liberation and nationalist groups before the outbreak of the civil war and in actively supporting the revolutionary government even as it took an authoritarian turn.

Some critics argue the APP regime was as bad or even worse than the white supremacist government it replaced, and suggest that the U.S. could have easily used its influence to demand human rights concessions or regime change. On the other hand, although higher profile since it was closer to home, the basic geopolitical strategy of supporting radical governments which could be ideologically relied upon to oppose U.S. adversaries was not unique; China, Cuba, and Morocco have similar stories.

In addition, it is difficult to argue that the end result has not been positive on balance. Today, the Republic of New Africa is highly democratic, increasingly wealthy, and, maybe most importantly, much more willing than most of the world's ex-dictatorships to face the crimes of past regimes and seek true justice.

Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Following this post, 3 users, including the original poster, were banned after this discussion thoroughly derailed the thread.
If the last time this was posted it resulted in THREE actions, why in the name of the Great Spaghetti Monster would you post it here?

Are there Arab neopagans ITTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.