Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Scotland is part of Britain.
Also ... The Africa War?? Tell me more please, pretty please
Just thought I'd put labels to indicated the different kingdoms within the United kingdoms, which I guess is sort of confusing. I was thinking something on the lines of Italy and France having a fierce rivalry which is going to boil over due to a conflict over who owns a big part of Africa? (Italy is a rather stronger and more aggressive state than it is in our world at this time).

This is a "WIP" map for a "No Germany" scenario I've been kicking around for, well, years now...

POD is a military coup in 1862. Wilhelm goes ahead with a plan proposed by Edwin von Manteuffel and almost got put into motion IOTL. They would claim (and also believe themselves) that the liberals were planning to overthrow the King, so the military would dissolve the Landtag, appoint von Manteuffel Minister-President, and form a new conservative legislature.

I'm not sure how stable this government would be. I expect cities in the Rhineland to be very hard to keep in order. In the meantime Prussia is no longer going to be idolized by liberal Germans wanting unification. Minister-President von Manteuffel and the Army Staff are not going to engage in the same Bismarkian effort to unify Germany, but they will likely still be involved in international conflicts. Schleswig is a ticking time bomb. More openly militant and without Bismark's skills, this Prussia is more likely to stumble into a wider war and have less friends across Europe.

1680193508438.png

1680193685503.png

Last edited:
Random map based on an old map request thread posting, in which the HRE evolves a bit more organically into a unified state, retaining somewhat more of its political diversity, [1] although there has been a fair amount of absorption of minor states and secularization of Church-dominated ones. (Some of which have become bourgeois republics like the Free Cities, although in a couple cases they've invited in junior members of the various princely dynasties to act as heads of state). The various counties, duchies, and principalities still retain a fair amount of power, with the Habsburgs having a lock on the Emperor slot but having less power as Emperors than they do as kings and grand dukes in their own lands (Hungary was spun off under a cadet branch of the Habsburgs as the HRE consolidated, to keep the neighbors and the Hungarians from freaking out [2]). The Imperial Parliament and other all-HRE institutions are increasingly dominant.

[1] You should assume there are some more microstates (knights of the empire and such) which also exist but are too small to bother adding to the map.
[2] But that didn't stick, ultimately.

View attachment 821831
Holy Roman Empire, Batman.

"We Shall Not Perish From This Earth!"

Untitled.png

On July 4th, 1775, the world was shaken. The Unanimous Declaration of the Rights of Man to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, or simply the Declaration of the Rights of Man, was ratified with the unanimous consent of the twelve participating colonies. The First American Revolution had begun.

Born in revolution, baptized in the fires of civil war, and educated by its humbling losses, a truly radical America emerged. Honouring the fallen First Republic, the Tribunal Union of America will eventually export its revolutionary fervour from sea to shining sea. It will fight for liberation, for the poor and weary, for those who cannot fight for themselves. It will stretch from sea to shining sea, resisting the empires of the world that wish to undo this terrible spectre. And even as the world grows darker, the fire of America will only grow brighter.

"We are a nation of the people, by the people, and for the people. The world may grow dark, but we will always be there to lighten it. And when the Royalists come to tear us down, we will fight back! We shall never surrender! We Shall Not Perish From This Earth!"
-- First Consul William Lyon Mackenzie, 1843

View attachment 821913
On July 4th, 1775, the world was shaken. The Unanimous Declaration of the Rights of Man to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, or simply the Declaration of the Rights of Man, was ratified with the unanimous consent of the twelve participating colonies. The First American Revolution had begun.

Born in revolution, baptized in the fires of civil war, and educated by its humbling losses, a truly radical America emerged. Honouring the fallen First Republic, the Tribunal Union of America will eventually export its revolutionary fervour from sea to shining sea. It will fight for liberation, for the poor and weary, for those who cannot fight for themselves. It will stretch from sea to shining sea, resisting the empires of the world that wish to undo this terrible spectre. And even as the world grows darker, the fire of America will only grow brighter.

"We are a nation of the people, by the people, and for the people. The world may grow dark, but we will always be there to lighten it. And when the Royalists come to tear us down, we will fight back! We shall never surrender! We Shall Not Perish From This Earth!"
Is there some special relevance to the various coloured outlines?

Does anyone else remember a twenty year old timeline about an Anglo-Dutch Empire?
This one, perhaps:

View attachment 821913

Interesting take on the New Jerusalem. All Hail.

Poland was given Vilnius because the Allies were resetting the Eatern European borders to their pre-war state which meant Vilnius went to Poland. Yugoslavia is gone because it still collapses. The state of the former Yugoslavia is a result of TTL Yugoslav Wars, not WWII. All the OTL powers still have nukes ITTL. Japan did not come to terms. The Allies did not want to risk the casualties of Operation Downfall when they could just sit blockade and starve the islands until nukes were ready. Tuva declared independence following the collapse of the USSR and later requested to join Mongolia.
But Poland is more than compensated elsewhere. Why would Tuva abandon hard sought independence for avoidable Mongolian domination?

Just thought I'd put labels to indicated the different kingdoms within the United kingdoms, which I guess is sort of confusing. I was thinking something on the lines of Italy and France having a fierce rivalry which is going to boil over due to a conflict over who owns a big part of Africa? (Italy is a rather stronger and more aggressive state than it is in our world at this time).
Good, but Britain didn't exist as a Kingdom. Great Britain did but only between 1707-1800. Surely it should be England?

But Poland is more than compensated elsewhere. Why would Tuva abandon hard sought independence for avoidable Mongolian domination?
Poland isn't being compensated with Vilnius, its just returning to pre-war borders. I just didn't put that much thought into the situation of Tuva.

Poland isn't being compensated with Vilnius, its just returning to pre-war borders. I just didn't put that much thought into the situation of Tuva.
I'm aware of Vilnius having been part of Poland before the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact. Read my post again. Poland has made substantial gains elsewhere, so losing Vilnius still leaves them with net gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.