Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nvqrnt4h6211.jpg

Basically, what Europe would look like if every secessionist movement is successful.
(I wonder what the EU will be like in this timeline...)
The Text and Graphics are by Theo Deutinger, Filip Cieloch and Lucia de Usera
The above link claims this map was created by Wykop.Pl

Just a silly little thing I intend to build off of. Basically, Featherston's Confederacy is ISOTed from 1941 to 1861. I want to make another map showing the world in the year 1900. Any thoughts as to what would likely happen? I can see the CS trying to build ties with it's OTL allies (probably failing with Russia, due to Russia's stance against the CS IOTL) while also trying to sabotage the formation of Germany. A war with spain also breaks out probably over the loss of Cuba.
View attachment 768419
I think the C.S.A. will take all the border states including Maryland,Delaware,Missouri,Kansas,Oklahoma,Colorado,and maybe California.Utah will be released as a mormon puppet state and California might be as well.The Oregon territory could be given to Britain to weaken the Union.If the Confederates really want to screw th U.S. they might form Indian protectorates in the Montana and Nebraska Territorys.The alliance with Mexico would be quickly forgotten and Rio Grande,Baja,Sinaloa,Durango,and Yucatan will be annexed.The Golden Circle of the Carribean and Central America will be too.Brazil,Peru,and Argentina may come under Confederate influence and adopt freedomite ideology.Depending on what faction takes charge slavery might be introduced instead of extermination.Britain,France, and Russia will try to destroy Prussia with Confederate Aid.The Confederates might try to prop up China,Turkey, or Japan to act as a counter-balance against Russia and Britain in Asia.The C.S.A. has a strong enough technological and industrial base to dominate its neighborhood,but is still so weak it wouldn't really be able to enforce global hegemony before its technological methods leaked out.

Basically, what Europe would look like if every secessionist movement is successful.
The Text and Graphics are by Theo Deutinger, Filip Cieloch and Lucia de Use
I always wonder what the criteria is for independence movements in these maps. Independent Samogitia, Latgale, and Devon but Ireland united? The Isle of Mann is more English than Manx by a factor of hundreds and what on Earth is the “Free County”?

I always wonder what the criteria is for independence movements in these maps.

A dozen people with a website generally seems to be enough

but Ireland united?

I guess the "independence movement" considered there is Irish Nationalists in Northern Ireland with rest of Ireland not having any.

what on Earth is the “Free County”?

Franche Comte/Free County of Burgundy (part of Burgundy that was in the HRE unlike the Duchy of Burgundy which was in France)

Last edited:
2nvqrnt4h6211.jpg

Huh. They have the Ulster flag (the one with the yellow, rather than the English white and crown) yet they shove it into Ireland. The only country to gain land. And once more they give the Sami a whopping 2-to-5% of the population of their new country. I must say, it is fun they have it with no capital for Navarre/the Basque and even label it as such. Still, I am sure for school kids with an interest in history and maps, this is the sort of thing they would like. Though I would hope someday someone makes a map including the Assyrians, Druze, Yazidi, and various other groups in territory claimed by the Kurds and Arabs. Though I suppose most of the smaller groups just try to keep their heads down to avoid yet more massacres, since they don’t have the sheer numbers the Kurds due.

The following map is based on a dream I had tonight, where the Cimbri, Teutones and Ambrones settled in Gaul, were strong enough not to be conquered by the Romans and formed their own kingdoms which were united by a Cimbri kingdom in the early middle ages.

8WHC5WR.png

The kingdom of Chembrovia (endonym: [çɛmˈbroːv̊i]) is a country in western Europe laying on the North Atlantic ocean to the west and on the Chembrovian channel, as well as the North Sea to the north. Until 1912, the country also included parts of the very southeastern parts of the Island of Britannia.

Until 1982, Chembrovia also included the Isle of Wight.
In 2010, the country had a population of 39.514.743
The people here speak a mixture of approx. 2/3 Germanic and 1/3 Celtic.
The country is way more forested than the same area in OTL today.

Last edited:
Britain,France, and Russia will try to destroy Prussia with Confederate Aid.
I don´t see why?
France MAY want to weaken Prussia, but totally destroy it? Britain is probably even less keen to "destruction" of Prussia (which would strenghten France too much) and Russia was basically Prussian ally in 1860-70s...
I can imagine only two states who MAY be willing at that time to destroy Prussia - Austria and Denmark (payback time for Schleswig :D)

A map with Logroño on it! Amazing.

Regards,

Northstar

I don´t see why?
France MAY want to weaken Prussia, but totally destroy it? Britain is probably even less keen to "destruction" of Prussia (which would strenghten France too much) and Russia was basically Prussian ally in 1860-70s...
I can imagine only two states who MAY be willing at that time to destroy Prussia - Austria and Denmark (payback time for Schleswig :D)
I was thinking of their reaction to their future loss in GW1 and Confederate antipathy towards future Quadruple Alliance members.I guess the politics may change depending on circumstances.

2nvqrnt4h6211.jpg

(Insert sinister smile here)

2nvqrnt4h6211.jpg

Missing Iirida. Also Herceg Bosna (Info on modern separatism and autonomism here) while most autonomists, the separatist movement is certainly stronger and more serious than a number of the ones here like say Moravian, any of the English ones, etc. Kosovska Mitrovica can also be considered to be separatist (assuming you consider Kosovo a country) or opposed to separation from Serbia (assuming you consider Kosovo a separatist movement). There is Dalmatian and Ragusan separatism that's as much of a joke as Mercian separatism so you could include it. Thee is a fairly small movement for the independence of Tamrash as a state for Muslim Bulgars.

That's just me nitpicking because I'm familiar with the Balkans. There may well be other missing movements elsewhere, especially if we're being so generous that we include Mercian independence.

By the way, here's a little bonus. Just a bunch of different semi-official and completely unofficial proposals for Germany's partition, which I have tried to arrange according to some logic, as well as fill in the gaps (à la Mendeleev's predicted elements).
qQQsXE9.png
Honestly I really love the periodic table idea. Quite a cool spin on the 12 countries meme that went around a few years back, perhaps we could try reviving it like this, instead?

BIG Roman Empire proof-of-concept for a project I'm planning. The gist of the TL is Commodus being a much more militaristic and capable emperor. Continuing the Marcomannic Wars, Rome is eventually able annex what were called Marcomannia and Sarmatia. These conquests act as a latter day 2nd Punic War, reinvigorating the Roman military machine for even more conquests eg. further campaigning in Germania, Sarmatia and Africa. This eventually culminates in a comprehensive and successfull campaign into Parthia by an emperor other than Commodus. The map shows the territorial zenith of the empire at the end of the said campaign around 220 AD.

abc.png

Intresting!
Change this somehow German-(Vichy) France relations? How was war going on from that point? And how will look post-war world?

Thanks! De Gaulle does not escape France, and combined with a more ambitious Operation Catapult (masterminded by the Tightrope Walker known as the Naval Proponent) means no Free French. Pétain thus has a stronger hand and is able to secure more generous terms of occupation (initial situation as per the previous map - later withdrawing to a line similar to the OTL zone interdite and the coastal military zone); crucially with Paris as the administrative as well as de jure capital.

The Allied capture of Scandinavia means the Air War Proponent is able to launch bombing raids into northern Germany earlier in the war. German supply lines crumble much faster and VE-day is secure by late 1944 (with the Pacific war continuing until July 1945). With the Allies having less time to build up for an invasion of Europe, the Soviets are able to take uncontested possession of Berlin and secure a much larger piece of the post-war pie; albeit the Allies took significantly lighter casualties overall.

The outcome leads into phase 2, 'The Red', which I've illustrated here, with a more powerful post-WW2 Soviet Union developing its own Tightrope Walkers in the form of the Novlovek ('New Man') programme, setting up a new Great Game between intelligence services as decolonization accelerates.*

* I've noticed a bit of an obvious flaw in this map insofar as I've now established Greece is never knocked out and the front remains hot throughout the war, which should imply a much stronger Allied presence in the Balkans after Italy pulls out.

The following map is based on a dream I had tonight, where the Cimbri, Teutones and Ambrones settled in Gaul, were strong enough not to be conquered by the Romans and formed their own kingdoms which were united by a Cimbri kingdom in the early middle ages.

8WHC5WR.png

The kingdom of Chembrovia (endonym: [çɛmˈbroːv̊i]) is a country in western Europe laying on the North Atlantic ocean to the west and on the Chembrovian channel, as well as the North Sea to the north. Until 1912, the country also included parts of the very southeastern parts of the Island of Britannia.

Until 1982, Chembrovia also included the Isle of Wight.
In 2010, the country had a population of 39.514.743
The people here speak a mixture of approx. 2/3 Germanic and 1/3 Celtic.
The country is way more forested than the same area in OTL today.
Nice dreams

Including, I see, those consisting of three dudes arguing in a coffee shop... :biggrin:
The Mercian people will be free of Norman oppression!

EDIT: Also, Serboga itself consists of about three dudes arguing in a coffeeshop, so that should be enough for an independence movement.

dfbusfo-38f7eb71-0bed-41c4-b669-3785eb409ce9.png
Here's another patch for the worlda, this time of the Middle East in 849 A.D. -- now with Eastern Roman internals, which I believe have been highly requested for quite a few of the dates and yet have gone fairly well undercovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.