Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
vd8vrnhpam191.png

The Genuine history of the Turks uncovered
šŸ‡¹šŸ‡· Al bayragĢ†Ä±n dalgalandıgĢ†Ä± her yerde Biz VARIZ
Turks met their long lost Athabascan brothers it seems, nice.

A sort of "Mormonism, but this time it's Turkish, and also they go back around the long way".

Pretty much anyone being actually Turkish is a really common conspiracy theory in Turkey.

The Uralic-Altaic stuff, the Huns, the Schytians, even Sumerians, the Sun Language Theory, lost continent of Mu, "16 Great Turkic Empires", Native Americans being Turks is a relatively common one (mostly because shamanism and small language stuff)...

Turkish Nationalism and its impact on the Turkish Education is pretty wild man.

Pretty much anyone being actually Turkish is a really common conspiracy theory in Turkey.

The Uralic-Altaic stuff, the Huns, the Schytians, even Sumerians, the Sun Language Theory, lost continent of Mu, "16 Great Turkic Empires", Native Americans being Turks is a relatively common one (mostly because shamanism and small language stuff)...

A while ago I read an article about how a lot of Turkish nationalists were calling for boycotts on stuff like 23&Me because it was revealing that Turks were actually incredibly genetically diverse, apparently composed largely of natives who adopted Turkish customs rather than some genetically unified ethnic group. It was especially bad in North Cyprus, where it turns out that Turkish and Greek Cypriots are basically genetically indistinguishable.

reminder that the Na-Dene homeland, the location of Ɩtuken and the location of the ancient Daejushin (Proto-Gojoseon) temple were LITERALLY next to each other in central Mongolia.

Don't believe me? Read how the mid holocene paleohydrogeography of the southern, mongolian reaches of the Dene-Yenisean urheimat fits PERFECTLY with the Navajo "First World" (NiŹ¼ Hodiłhił) . Simple as, Turks went west and founded their Kaghanate, Na-Dene went north and founded the Trans-Beringian confederacy, Koreans followed Chi You south-eastward until they were defeated by the Yellow emperor at Zhuolu and moved to Korea.

OTTOMAN EAST AFRICA IN 1800 AD

d4sj1Rl.png

In 1589, the Ottomans won, and Mombasa became Ottoman territory. The Age of Portuguese Dominance in the Indian Ocean came to an abrupt end as a result. By 1600 most of the independent Swahili city-states had sworn loyalty to the Ottoman Sultan or had been subjugated under the Ottoman heel. This was the beginning of a new era in African history. As the riches of the Swahili states started to pour into Ottoman coffers, the Ottomans turned their speculative gazes south, and the idea of making East Africa the 'Ottoman America' to gain and colonize riches in the likeness of the Western Europeans in North and South America began to take hold. This was first started by Egyptian Governor Ali Bey, who led an expedition to Darfur in 1599 AD, forcing the tribes of the region to swear loyalty to the Sultan. For the next few decades, the Ottomans solidified their control over the Swahili coast, bolstered by the construction of the Mehmediye Canal constructed from 1604 to 1621 between the Egyptian mainland and the Sinai Peninsula, allowing the Ottomans quick access to the region as well. Trade routes were propped up and the Ottomans consolidated in the region. Tensions with Oromo and Amhara tribes due to trade and the new boss in the region eventually led to the Ottoman-Ethiopian Wars of 1638-1659 which led to the Ottoman subjugation of the region, and the conversion of most elites in Ethiopia to islam, alongside the installation of an Islamic Ethiopian Emperor who declared suzerainty and vassalage to the Ottomans. The fall of Ethiopia to the Ottomans opened the so-called floodgates, and now Ottoman influence in East Africa was unchecked. No other European Power had the ability to project power in the region sufficiently to kick the Ottomans out - not with the Mehmediye Canal under Ottoman control. The Ottomans continued to increase their influence and power in the region in the 17th and 18th centuries, and when in 1798 Napoleon came knocking, with reinforcements from the Ottoman African south, the Ottomans kicked Napoleon out, capturing and killing the rogue French General. As the century turned in 1800 AD with uncertainty in the future for Europe amidst the Revolutionary Wars, the Ottoman Empire, and by extension, Ottoman East Africa was about to enter a time period of unmatched peace and prosperity.

Thoughts and comments?
The amount of resources they're putting in to East Africa probably means they have none to spare for Europe or Persia. Constantinople would probably be a lot more vulnerable in this timeline, possibly even taken in a Crusade.

The amount of resources they're putting in to East Africa probably means they have none to spare for Europe or Persia. Constantinople would probably be a lot more vulnerable in this timeline, possibly even taken in a Crusade.

A crusade in 16th-19th century?

Colour me not convinced.

But Ottomans having less territory in the West compared to OTL I can definitely see.

This scenario was made by a Reddit user, u/The-Autistic-Goat, and update with his permission. I combined his maps of Asia and the Americas and used notes he provided me to fill in Europe and Africa, with a couple ideas of my own.

Lore

Alwy4nK.png
Can someone worlda-fy this map? I'd do it but I've come down with a bad case of "the lazy".

EEN.png

If you want to explain to me how Portugal inheriting Castile and Aragon led to Lithuania conquering/vassalizing most of Russia, an earlier implosion of the Ming dynasty,and the English inheriting the Burgundian Netherlands, feel free,

imo its just better to bask in the madness

I would like to ask if anyone happens to know an Indonesian word whose meaning is similar to "Raj" as in the British Raj. Bonus if it only includes one syllable too. Thank you!

Last edited:
reminder that the Na-Dene homeland, the location of Ɩtuken and the location of the ancient Daejushin (Proto-Gojoseon) temple were LITERALLY next to each other in central Mongolia.

Don't believe me? Read how the mid holocene paleohydrogeography of the southern, mongolian reaches of the Dene-Yenisean urheimat fits PERFECTLY with the Navajo "First World" (NiŹ¼ Hodiłhił) . Simple as, Turks went west and founded their Kaghanate, Na-Dene went north and founded the Trans-Beringian confederacy, Koreans followed Chi You south-eastward until they were defeated by the Yellow emperor at Zhuolu and moved to Korea.
Outrageously based

View attachment 745033
*start recording* This is officer 5-78-92-78-21 again, last log is under the station. I have taken to recording these updates like the prisoner had done so before me. So, Brazil successfully takes out Peru, and even invades more into Gran Venezuela. Brazilian and Uruguayan forces move throughout Argentina, and the country is on the verge of collapse, without major population centers, much of an army, or Buenos Aires. The Mexican Empire stalemates with Mexico in the north, and pushes into the Cuban Central American Colonies. The USA and Canada continue to be victorious in the constant battles, but the military of the ASA is only 10% mobilized, and it is beginning to mobilize faster and faster. Iceland and Greenland sign a white-peace with OORA, leave the CSTO, and Greenland joins Iceland. The Indochinese Navy makes more landings in Greater Indonesia and India, while the Indochinese Army invades heavily into China and even invades Bengal. The southern tip of India has fallen. Russia is pushed to move the government temporarily to Vladivostok, heavily protected by Russians, Americans, Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese troops. Uzbekistan moves throughout western china. Kazakhstan is close to falling. Turkey transfers occupation of Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan. Algeria also transfers occupation of Mali to Morocco. The war is not looking good for CSTO, but they may turn it around. *end recording*
1653663350231.png

Thoughts and opinions?

df67g27-7ae170b2-3d7e-4fa6-b15d-457f0ad36e76.png

What if Italy had been granted the Libyan hinterlands all the way south to Lake Chad after WW1 and then went on to produce a foldable road/tourist map with a cool cover (and also had a less horrible approach to dealing with the locals)? Wonder no more!

If you are wondering why the upper half is upside down however: Imagine this like one of those foldable road maps you'd keep in your car or you'd find at the back of a travel guide book.
You can look at a more easily readable version here

As most people in this hobby have, I've seen Jabzy's video on Italian colonial ambitions and the idea of a country spanning the Sahara was so interesting to me that I had to make something about it.

Full credits to reddit user Gargari whos amazing flag design i've stolen to represent the Tibesti region even if a camel rider in more traditional Toubou garb had made much more sense.

Comments and feedback welcome as always!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.