Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How catastrophic is this to the ocean currents?

Also it would be funny if Zaheer interacted with an actual anarchist given how completely incoherent and strawmany the Red Lotus is take on the ideology is.

Well, the Equatorial counter current is now blocked by the Earth Kingdom (though the small channel in the center allows some water to still flow through). In the short term, the El Nino and La Nina cycles are probably thrown out of whack. Over the long term, the presence of Spirits will cause the ecosystems and climates they inhabit across Terra to stabilize and remain intact regardless of changing climate conditions (much like how in the spirit world you have all different kinds of biomes everywhere).

Note: On this Earth (hereinafter "Terra" and "Terrans" to avoid confusion with the Earth Kingdom), Avatar: The Last Airbender + the comics exist, but not Legend of Korra.

I'm confused, you stated here that LoK doesn't happen but then later on mention Korra and pretty much the entirety of the show up until right before the ending.

Last edited:
I'm confused, you stayed here that LoK doesn't happen but then later on mention Korra and pretty much the entirety of the show up until right before the ending.
LoK the show doesn't exist. So while the rest of the world is familiar with the events of ATLA, they know nothing about the events of LoK

I'm confused, you stayed here that LoK doesn't happen but then later on mention Korra and pretty much the entirety of the show up until right before the ending.
I think it's the usual "make the preexisting faction unaware of the material that the ISOTed faction came from."

This is normally done to avoid nagging questions about why the people of Terra don't take "meta" or retrospective actions. How would they be, in this scenario... send the Marine Corps to kill Kuvira before he tries to form the Terra Empire.
Either promote a revolution in the Northern Water Tribe to overthrow Unalaq, or arm and train the Southern Water Tribe to defend themselves with machine guns against invaders from the Northern Water Tribe.
Or that Hiroshi Sato's offices have in front of him a line of representatives of military contractors from all over the planet interested in acquiring the plans for the Mechsuits.

Hi, new to this thread and website as a whole. Been wanting to post something here so here's a WIP of a project I've been working on. Full disclosure, highly unrealistic, wacky scenario, and overall does not make a lick of sense.

Red : Second Roman Republic
Grey : Germanic Empire
Yellow : Spanish Empire
Green : Ottoman Sublime State
Dark Yellow : Empire Of Russia

Screenshot_2022-01-21-21-43-13-48_73600cf04b081df67256e4102606f6e7.jpg

Last edited:
Added map border, more realistic poland borders, alliances, north italy internal divisions (for no reason, not doing it for any other nation), changed austria-italy borders, changed hungary-austria borders. (thanks for suggestions. by the way, bob hope, those key boxes arent mine, they are from this map)
europe.png

Last edited:
Hi, new to this thread and website as a whole. Been wanting to post something here so here's a WIP of a project I've been working on. Full disclosure, highly unrealistic, wacky scenario, and overall does not make a lick of sense.

Red : Second Roman Republic
Grey : Germanic Empire
Yellow : Spanish Empire
Green : Ottoman Sublime State
Dark Yellow : Empire Of Russia

View attachment 712859
What're the protectorates in the central african republic?

Added map border, more realistic poland borders, alliances, north italy internal divisions (for no reason, not doing it for any other nation), changed austria-italy borders, changed hungary-austria borders. (thanks for suggestions. by the way, bob hope, those key boxes arent mine, they are from this map)
europe.png
Looks more like one unit now.
Just waiting for my eyes to re-adjust from the chaos map you sent me to, 😱:cool:

The Middle Solar System - A More Perfect Neighborhood, by Nizam
THE MIDDLE SOLAR SYSTEM - A MORE PERFECT NEIGHBORHOOD
deynql9-a9478f3c-c399-4d2f-b30a-7809e5d9de47.png

The Kemtoid (Asteroid) belt lies between the orbits of Juno and Jupiter, home to millions of small rocks and kemtoids. These were discovered by Egyptian astronomers and historians, and they are named after Egyptian gods. The largest of these in order are Orsis, Horus, Anubis, Thoth, Isis, Nepthis, Sorbek and Nuot. The Kemtoid belt is home to vast collections of resources and precious metals, making it a big target for resource extraction.

Jupiter is the largest of the inner planets, and is a massive gas giant at 142,984 km in diameter. It is made up of white and orange bands streaking across its sky, with many storms and vortexes dominating the planet. The planet possesses a gargantuan moon system, the most well known of which are the six Gallileans, them being Io (a sulfuric volcano world, 3,643 km), Europa (a moon with a massive underground ocean teaming with life, 3,121 km), Ganymede (a large icy moon, 5,262 km), Themis (a massive moon with atmosphere, methane oceans and a small biosphere, 6,270 km), Callisto (an icy cratered moon, 4,820 km) and Moneta (a rocky mineral rich moon, 5,092 km), alongside countless moonlets. Jupiter has Lagrangian companions as well, although they are not as big as Juno’s, known as the Trojan and Greek fields. All of these are 5.221 AU from the sun.

Saturn is the next planet, and it is the second largest in the inner solar system. The planet is well known for its rings made of ice and dust, as well as its pretty big moon system. Saturn is 116,464 km in diameter and is cream colored. Its largest moons are Hyperion (a rocky and icy moon at 3,191 km), Enceladus (a moon with an icy subsurface ocean at 2,724 km), Rhea (basically OTL’s Titan), Phoebe (another rocky and icy moon, 2,384 km) and Tethys (a little more rocky, at 1,862 km). Saturn and its moons are 10.654 AU from the sun.

The next objects beyond Saturn’s orbit are a bit of an oddity. The twin planets of Prometheus and Epimethius are bounded to one another in a binary system. Prometheus is a fiery looking gas giant at around 40,000 km in diameter, while Epimethius is a large rocky and icy body a little less than 20,000 km in diameter, although both bodies have similar masses. They are bound together in a binary system, with Prometheus and Epimethius orbiting an arbitrary point tidally locked about 162,280 km from each of them. The two bodies have a moon system, with the little moons of Menotes and Ankhile orbiting close to the two planets, while the much bigger moon of Atlas orbits further away in an eccentric orbit. Atlas is an interesting place, having a thin atmosphere with an orange-red desert at its surface (Sidenote: Atlas is actually OTL Mars thrown far away from its origin). This group of planets is known as the Japtoid cluster, after the mythical father of the titans the planets are named after, and it is 16.941 AU from the sun.

Uranus comes after the Japtoids, and it is a pretty weird planet. It is tipped over onto its side, with a little ring system. Uranus is about 50,724 km wide, and is a sky blue from space. The planet is an ice giant, a variant of the gas giant that forms far from a star. It has 3 medium sized moons and one large one, the big one being Mimas, which is unusually rocky for its location far out from the sun. The planet is 26.3 AU from the sun.

Neptune is the last of the inner planets from the sun, and it is another ice giant similar to Uranus. Neptune is smaller than Uranus in diameter, at 49,244 km, but it is a little more massive. The planet is a deep blue from space, and is home to a significant moon system, with Polyphemus, Triton and Thalassa dominating it. These moons have irregular orbits, which could mean that they were captured from the Alcythian belt. Indeed, many Alcythian belt objects are similar to the Neptunian moons.

Last edited:
europe.png
Im glad my suggestions to use the quarter-bam were used

An interesting concept and a good execution, but it's weighed down by the fact that by the time the British were attacking New Orleans IRL, they and the Americans had already signed a peace treaty. The news of that treaty just hadn't gotten down south yet.
You really think the Brits would not repudiate a treaty if the victory was that dramatic? The Battle was 2 weeks after signing and the treaty would still have to be agreed to by both Parliament and the King.

You really think the Brits would not repudiate a treaty if the victory was that dramatic? The Battle was 2 weeks after signing and the treaty would still have to be agreed to by both Parliament and the King.
It wouldn’t be worth the bother to them, I imagine. They might get things here or there, but to take all land claimed from New England states that were against the war... Not great press or business. There is also the issue the that they would be taking the modern boundaries of the State of Louisiana, about a fourth of which was Spanish around West Florida and the border with Texas. The first of the two maps even shows the Arkansas Territory, which wasn’t made until 1819, later in the year when the Adam-Onis treaty was signed. There is also the issue that if the American Senate approves of the treaty and the British then nullify what they already signed and sent to the Americans they would be outraged and it would give support to the war party. The treaty involving giving back those lands in Main as well as some lands to Spain and if the British didn’t care enough about them then... I can see the British maybe keeping the tip and New Orleans, for a while at least to use as leverage. In that case they might not have to repudiate the treaty, instead simply say that the French were not permitted by the treaty with Spain to give up Louisiana and it was taken under duress, and thus not an area the British had to evacuate.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t be worth the bother to them, I imagine. They might get things here or there, but to take all land claimed from New England states that were against the war... Not great press or business. There is also the issue the that they would be taking the modern boundaries of the State of Louisiana, about a fourth of which was Spanish around West Florida and the border with Texas. The first of the two maps even shows the Arkansas Territory, which wasn’t made until 1819, later in the year when the Adam-Onis treaty was signed. There is also the issue that if the American Senate approves of the treaty and the British then nullify what they already signed and sent to the Americans they would be outraged and it would give support to the war party. The treaty involving giving back those lands in Main as well as some lands to Spain and if the British didn’t care enough about them then... I can see the British maybe keeping the tip and New Orleans, for a while at least to use as leverage. In that case they might not have to repudiate the treaty, instead simply say that the French were not permitted by the treaty with Spain to give up Louisiana and it was taken under duress, and thus not an area the British had to evacuate.
you're probably right

europe.png
I feel the previous borders might have been more practical for Poland. Since you are presumably going to continue updating this a little I would also like to ask a few things. Why is East Prussia separated in such a way? If they are democratizing or changing governments around in Germany, I don’t see why that area alone is left alone. Might be good if they also had West Prussia or part of New East Prussia. All areas outside of the former Holy Roman Empire and the German Confederation. Though if they got all the German land outside the HRE in that area it would mean getting Posen. Let’s see, the Poles of Posen, Kashubians of West Prussia, Masurians of East Prussia... Yes, I suppose it might be a bit of a risk taking on too much land. Still, having East Prussia getting Danzig means they can get a decent amount of government income from the ports and tariffs. The thing with Hungary is extremely impractical. It is made up of a bunch of different polities, and all together they unlikely to have a Hungarian or Magyar (depends in the paperwork what they classify the Székelys, who has centuries of being distinct from other Hungarian Magyars. Get complicated when the names for nationalists, languages, and ethnic groups overlap. Anyways, might have a Magyar plurality, but you are going to have lots of Romanians, Serbians, Swabian, and Hungarians living in large clumps throughout Banat, plus Romanians, Szekelys, Gypsies, Hungarians, Saxons, and others in Transylvania. Even if you keep Transylvania as a sattelite of sorts, I suggest pushing the the Hungarian border eastward to get areas the Romanians were not supposed to take after WWI but seized anyways. Linking some maps from Wikipedia. I do think you can do some fun and interesting stuff in this area, but you may want to have it were some land is back with Hungarian, some autonomy is shown in others, and maybe Banat and Transylvania are not the same. Looking closer at a corner of your map I see you have mention of a Transylvanian Uprising, though it is unclear from the wording if the autonomy caused the uprising or was a result of it. Almost a shame this is modern day, as I would be fascinated to see how an uprising or civil war in an area with these borders would be. When did the Austrian-Hungarians split up here again? The Hungarian monarchy was already technically a constitutional one (depends who you ask and if the Austrians were in charge), and... Hmmm. How did Croatia become a Republic? Ahhh, think I see it now. When the empire collapsed the Croatians used this to cut their ties to the Austrians and Hungarians? Or where they a part of the Illyrian Kingdom mentioned for Slovenia? On a side note, Czechia is the way the Czechs pronounce Bohemia and given Malta, Gibraltar, Switzerland (the British and most large countries guaranteed the independence of Switzerland and its worthless land after the Napoleonic Wars so that they would no longer rent out their armies of fearsome mercenaries to other countries. But only after they rented them themselves to fight the French), and some other things, it seems the British lost a war. The main one being the Channel Islands. Those have been with England since before the English language was spoken in a way we could comprehend, so it is rather far back a POD. It is fun when maps do have the French get it, but it needs an explanation. All together a promising map though and you have stuff you can build on if you do want to expand it. And for whoever made all those flags. Great job. At first I thought Monaco was on there, before realizing Bohemia had the same flag as them and Poland.

[50+ Likes] Empire of the South, by Prince di Corsica
Crossposting from the MotF challenge as usual. Comments, questions, anything is welcomed!

Empire of the South
the United Kingdom of "Portugal", Brazil and "the Algarves"

phNc4Tq.png

I don't have much to say here, I just happen to like the fact that during the Napoleonic Wars there was a United Kingdom between Portugal and Brazil that didn't actually control Portugal and had its capital in Rio de Janeiro. Let Napoleon win and voilá, you get a Portugal that doesn't hold any of Portugal, but continues to claim its titles, holds its monarchy and inherits its empire, building a large transcontinental empire with posessions from the Amazon to New Guinea, passing by the Old Guinea.

And for some reason I just really enjoy making South Pole-centric maps. It's a pretty simple map besides that, I'll admit, but I do kind of like the simplicity. I tried including foreign countries and other stuff, but ended up hiding those layers since I found them too crowding. The South Pole perspective already makes the map seem quite alien, so keeping it simple turns out to be essential to avoid it being a eyesore.

As for the four winds, I simply wanted something to fill that space and I enjoyed these ones. They don't have anything to do with Portugal, but I do like them.

Not my best work, I'd say, but I had fun doing it and I enjoy the end result.

What're the protectorates in the central african republic?
Sorry for the long wait lol, I was sleeping by the time my first post was blowing up. Anyway they ain't a protectorate but more of a separate colony from the main colony of the empires. I know, complex, but it's how I thought of when I first made them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.