Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a quick question here. What size would the standard Martian Terraformed map be in comparison to a worlds, scale wise for ISOT's

Here are a few maps in an ISOT series of mine. It is modern India is ISOTED to Trajan's reign. The first one is 50 years post-ISOT, and the others are in different increments farther into the future. I sincerely apologize for the Americas and Sub-Saharan/West Africa, and their poor quality, but my knowledge there is limited and they are not (yet) the main focus. :oops:

Hope you enjoy, and please comment your thoughts!
India ISOT 1.png
India ISOT 2.png
India ISOT 3.png
India ISOT 5.png

WIP WARS: A NEW .PNG

Found this bad boy tucked away in my files, forgotten after I moved and got a new computer. Decided to finish it up. Now it just needs a key and a description... Yeah... I'm sure that'll happen soon...ish.

Uses RCS colors to represent culture, and most of the it is caused by the POD leading to various culture migrations, invasions, and colonization. Any guesses what's going on? HINT: The behemoth of a Judaic state there in the middle is where the POD is. More than a little ASB.

2013.png

Attachments

• 2013.png
    2013.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:

Found this bad boy tucked away in my files, forgotten after I moved and got a new computer. Decided to finish it up. Now it just needs a key and a description... Yeah... I'm sure that'll happen soon...ish.

Uses RCS colors to represent culture, and most of the it is caused by the POD leading to various culture migrations, invasions, and colonization. Any guesses what's going on? HINT: The behemoth of a Judaic state there in the middle is where the POD is. More than a little ASB.

View attachment 292253
How powerful is ATL-Wales?

How powerful is ATL-Wales?

A plucky, militaristic democracy that has rather violently kept themselves free of Irish rule. Isolationist because of this, they mostly play TTL Switzerland, and no one wants to invade them anytime soon, if only because of the heavily armed citizenry that dislikes outsiders.

Found this map on my computer from 2 months ago, based off a game of EUIII I played as Castile. I went to war with France early on. Aragon ended up taking some of southern France and England was successful in a war or two against the French. This is in 1950, around 200 years after the game ended.
nl5IZuZ.png

Uses RCS colors to represent culture, and most of the it is caused by the POD leading to various culture migrations, invasions, and colonization.

I can never keep track of the various color schemes. Link?

(Some of those borders are a little wacky).

(I mean, is that
Any guesses what's going on? HINT: The behemoth of a Judaic state there in the middle is where the POD is. More than a little ASB.

Moses becomes the first Jewish Pharaoh? :)

Why India would go expansionist?

Overpopulation?

Bear in mind that the ISOTed present-day India has 1.3 billion people; the rest of the world combined in 100 AD has only 200 million. And that India has a large and rapidly-growing population which will be difficult to sustain with the post-ISOT decline of living standards.

My only criticism with the scenario is the direction of India's expansion! After the first map, India seems to want to expand into Europe, which doesn't really make sense. Expansion into Africa makes more sense because of its familiar climate and lack of large organized states.

Here are a few maps in an ISOT series of mine. It is modern India is ISOTED to Trajan's reign. The first one is 50 years post-ISOT, and the others are in different increments farther into the future. I sincerely apologize for the Americas and Sub-Saharan/West Africa, and their poor quality, but my knowledge there is limited and they are not (yet) the main focus. :oops:
What is the exact year the ISOT takes place? Because I feel that there would be an issue if the Indians decided to take everything it did but not Judea. What with, you know, the ethnic cleansing of Jews from the area. I imagine that the Christians and Muslims would be a bit concerned. Plus it is strategically placed, even if the land routes going through it will all now be useless or head straight to New Delhi.

Why India would go expansionist?

Expansion and Politics: India mostly wanted oil at first, and that was the justification for the invasion of Persia and the Middle East. After that initial wave, overpopulation was the major player in Indian expansion. All that legroom just ripe for the taking.... The fall of Rome was halfway underway already from civil wars and rebellions before India invaded Anatolia and North Africa to gain some more oil and finish off the coherent Roman State. The light purple states are not Indian state, per se, only puppet republics/kingdoms. They give large tributes in raw wealth to India in return for not being invaded.
These Roman territories are basically all mini-Romes with imperial systems of their own except for Brittania (commonly known as Britanistan), which is a loosely organized tribal kingdom, and the small Italian states, which are (mostly) republics. The Germanic and East European states are central or tribal monarchies with strong Indian and imperial influence. India itself is nominally a democratic republic; recently, there was a military coup after the expanded military funds were cut that placed a puppet President in charge who is re-"elected" each cycle. Africa is next on the list for expansion. India is barely staying together, but a very strong common religious identity and mission is enough for now. In fact, the new dark blue state in the East Indies and the independent Egyptian nation are both breakaway colonial nations that were let go of because of constant rebellions and issues in their area.

Technology: Things like germ theory, the idea of atoms, and some metallurgic improvements, as well as basic improved agricultural techniques like crop cycling and other things spread quickly to Rome and China, as well as cotton, bananas, corn, and soybeans, among other crops. Combustion and other such militaristic innovations are slowly making their way to China, as you can see by their partial conquest and puppetization of backwards Japan, while basic gunpowder and improved horse riding tools are catching on more quickly in the Roman territories. Innovation has practically ceased in India.

Religion: The Hindu ideas are getting pretty... interesting. The sudden shift into this new world has led to several more radical sects, and a new religious conservatism in India itself. The current new party, the Bhaarateey Mahaanata Party (Indian Greatness Party) established by the coup is mildly theocratic, and the caste system is tightening once again. Christianity and Islam are targeted by radical Hindi groups in street warfare, and the new party does little to stop it despite giving lip service to religious freedom. Most of the world's Christians have fled to the Roman states or Judea, and it has found mild success in North Africa, Italy, and Gaul, as well as a large following in Judea bolstered by the Christians already there (who are very confused by some of the "new" Christians' doctrine and origin.) Several new Hindi groups with an emphasis on spreading the faith to other nations have created a new branch of Hinduism, Mahayana Hinduism. It is influenced heavily by Zoroastrianism and a small part by Buddhism, and it denies the validity of the caste system as its main deviation from mainstream Hinduism. They have managed to make it the majority religion in Southeast Asia, Egypt, Anatolia, the Middle East, and Greece. (Orthodox, mainstream Hinduism is still the far stronger faith due to the vastly larger Indian population compared to the rest of the world.) Mainstream Hinduism Zoroastrianism remains strong in Persia, though it is now in direct competition with Hinduism, both of the Orthodox and Mahayana types, and the educated elite have converted for the most part. Buddhism has spread to rural China, but no further, and many of its followers are looking to the far stronger Orthodox or even Mahayana Hinduism and wondering if it is the better choice. China has tried to suppress Hinduism, but the Mahayana variety is gaining traction among the peasants. Confucianism remains the Chinese philosophy and religion. New religions haven't spread to Japan in large quantities yet.

Last edited:
I can never keep track of the various color schemes. Link?

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/master-colour-scheme-2-png.166595/

(Some of those borders are a little wacky).

Which ones? I just tweaked a few in Africa, Australia, and Latin America, but a lot of them are based on either borders from OTL (some internal borders, some tribal boundaries) or are ones based on rough physical landmarks. A few are ceasefire lines from ancient conquests.

Moses becomes the first Jewish Pharaoh? :)

Ah you got me! My friends and I watched Exodus: Gods & Kings the other day, and it made us all reminisced about the animated Prince of Egypt film. Then someone said "If he was a Prince of Egypt, why didn't God send him back and then smite Pharaoh and his heir? Boom, Moses is Pharoah and can set the Hebrews free." And from that comment, this spawned!

Which ones? I just tweaked a few in Africa, Australia, and Latin America, but a lot of them are based on either borders from OTL (some internal borders, some tribal boundaries) or are ones based on rough physical landmarks. A few are ceasefire lines from ancient conquests.

That odd set of straight angles in the North American NW, straight line across some populated, varied, and rugged land in Madagascar, Mongol China’s desperate need for more Arctic coastline [1] and Ghana’s for more nomad-pestered desert, and just eyeballing it, those longitude lines in Australia and *Canada need to curve more.

Convergencies: much of northern Peru/Bolivia border, Cabinda, west Zambia/Botswana (including Caprivi strip!), northern Iran/Afghan border, the *Guyanas, division of New Guinea. A lot of OTL borders are pretty contingent.

…and that still appears to be Indonesian North America. I shall look forward with interest to the labeled version.

[1] I suppose it would look better on a more area-realistic projection.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-24_18-50-31.png
    upload_2016-10-24_18-50-31.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 614
I33gpJJ.png

The Republic of Sahrawia

This entire story comes from my experiences on the reddit diplomacy/international relations/roleplay country simulator, /r/worldpowers. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Following the full acquisition of independence in the 2030's, the SADR would undergo rapid westernization. Adopting an official english name friendlier to international audiences, Sahrawia began it's atmospheric rise to wealth through massive amounts of investment and foreign aid from Canada, Nigeria and more. In the late 2030's, the issue of the Tarfaya strip would be approached by both the United Maghreb Republic and Sahrawia, and following a successful referendum the territory would be annexed and Sahrawia's power grown. A proper armed forces would be organized and fully democratic elections held.

Laayoune would soon become a bustling modern city, with skyscrapers popping up seemingly overnight and a booming economy driven by a successful new currency and a rich market of resources. Sahrawia would soon find itself balancing power between Arab Commonwealth, a Pan-Arab Confederacy to the Northwest, and growing Pan-African sentiments to the South. A rich relationship between Sahrawia, Equatorial Guinea and Cabo Verde would soon emerge and the formation of a 'Third Africa' bloc to balance tensions between Nigeria and the United States of Latin Africa. Thus, Sahrawia went from a barely-recognized wasteland to something of a regional diplomatic power.

Status
Not open for further replies.