Status
Not open for further replies.
northern%20italy%20league%202.png

A little WIP I'm working on. I have an unclear set of PoDs sometime in the 14th century. I quite like the perspective of the map, I don't think it's easy to find any maps showing what this map does and so I had to combine a couple of maps. I'm still looking for a map of the subdivisions of Corsica under Genovese rule (HELP MUCH APPRECIATED). It's largely inspired by Deviantart Uslengh's Lega GGM map, from whom I also borrowed the alternative divisions of the Duchy of Savoy. I still have to put down the cities and such and draw the lines of the linguistic communities (nazioni).

I like this. :)

Thanks!

Perhaps Gean Galeazzo Visconti not dying of disease, allowing him to complete his hegemony plans in northern Italy?

Admittedly that was one of the ideas I have had, but not really. I just don't have a concrete PoD, Each palette of shades represents a different state, so not him surviving, even though the Visconti continue ruling the Milanesado.

By the way, wouldn't you guys know where to find the subdivisions of Corsica?

Corsica dal 1481(suddivisa in 10 Giurisdizioni e 4 feudi); ceduta nel 1768 alla Francia con il Trattato di Versailles:

The Italian wiki has this much, but I wouldn't know how to actually map it.

Very purty. British Columbia is emptier than I thought: I knew the north was pretty sparse, but I didn't expect so much of the west coast to be essentially empty, and I would have guessed a bigger blob of lights in the SW around Vancouver.

I think other people have mentioned this, but this is a map of ROADS and not of LIGHTS. BC's population density is not that low, but there's a lack of roads due to difficult terrain to build roads through. The only places where there are plentiful roads are in the major valleys (Fraser valley, Okanagan Valley, etc.), and those are too narrow to be shown properly on the map.

A (quite ASB) Munro-styled map about a silly universe I thought of:

BRITANNIA RULES THE SKIES

1474825649-commonwealth.png

During the 23rd Century, scientists discovered a method for faster-than-light travel, and it only took a few decades before habitable worlds were fond and colonized. However, conflicts soon erupted in the Colonies, and spread to their homelands on Earth. The Colonial War, or World War 3, lasted about a deade, until only 3 major colonial powers were still standing: the United States, the United Kingdom, with Europe at their feet, and China. An allaince was formed between the US and the UK, leading to a liberal nuse of nuclear arsenal on the Chinese, a damage not yet fully repared a century later.

The ensuing small-scale nuclear winter brought a halt to the war, and statred a short cold war between the British and the Americans, but the peace was broken by a surprise strike on New Your City by the Royal Air Force. The ensuing invasion on the East Coast made the United States crumble, and shortly thereafter, submitting to the United Kingdom. Subsequent changes were made by the British, while the wolrd was essentailly under their dominance: The United Kingdom and the Commonweath, along with the US and later Agentina, merged into the British Empire, and the rest of the world entered a new Commonwealth of Nations.
A century later, the world is prosperous, and generally democratic. The Commonwealth acts like a gigantic European Union of sorts, with many sub-organizations taking more local roles '(not the time to exapnd on everything right now, feel free to ask)

Only one country didn't submit to the Commonwealth, although they are quite friendly with them: the eternally neutral Swiss Confederation, peacefully living surrounded by the URE.

Goldstein

Banned
The Moroccan 1971 coup against the monarchy was successful in this timeline. The resulting republic would face hostility due to its geopolitical location, rapidly evolving towards a de facto military dictatorship under general Mohamed Medbouh and adopting a Neo-Baathist, pro-Soviet alignment. The course of events was very different in Western Sahara: the Polisario was never formed, and resistance against Spain adoped pro-Moroccan tones. Though Morocco and Mauritania jointly invaded it (putting the world on the brink of WWIII), Moroccans were recived as liberators.

As the regime consolidated, it found a new an much more insidious enemy. Its arabization policies alienated the non-arabized Berber population, which developed a stronger sense of identity and resistance, sparking a wave of violent repression first, and then a wave of insurgence backed by the Western powers. That's how the precarious Atlas and Rif nations came to be, starting a long history of violent skirmishes in the Mahgreb, one of the longest and more intractable conflicts of the modern era.

Last edited:
northern%20italy%20league%202.png

A little WIP I'm working on. I have an unclear set of PoDs sometime in the 14th century. I quite like the perspective of the map, I don't think it's easy to find any maps showing what this map does and so I had to combine a couple of maps. I'm still looking for a map of the subdivisions of Corsica under Genovese rule (HELP MUCH APPRECIATED). It's largely inspired by Deviantart Uslengh's Lega GGM map, from whom I also borrowed the alternative divisions of the Duchy of Savoy. I still have to put down the cities and such and draw the lines of the linguistic communities (nazioni).

I love this. But I can't find much about Corsica either.

Unteresting that the Cult of Disnee is followed by two societies. What is their relationship?

The Disnee cult is believed by the Layklaners to be true - they believe their deities and have heard or seen the ruins of Disnee and the Great Temple, though do not adhere to the Disneeians in general customs, nor are they part of the Disnee King's realm. I guess the Layklaners are simply believers in the Disnee Cult, as opposed to strict adherents (with the region generally believing in the God of the Bishupricks as well). The Layklaners kind of believe everything is true, and mind their own business on their ranches and lakes... (All of this made up right now).

Something something Tampa's entire religion is based around a pirate football cult...

IN JAMEIS' NAME AMEN PRAISE DOUGIE

Crab Legs are the Holy Food, We Skrong Den is their motto.

As someone who lives in Pensacola, I don't think we'd survive if the missiles flew. There's Pensacola NAS in the west part of the city and i'm pretty sure a nuke might be aimed at our port. So...yeah.

Eh, what caused society to go backwards isn't really important to me and I never really planned it to be nukes. More just a _____ event happens that causes mass population reduction, loss of technology, etc. Prob ASBs.

Someone on DeviantArt requested it, so here it is: a map of the Americas from my MotF entry, United States of Europe.

The basic idea behind the Americas ITTL is that there was no War of 1812, with Britain not occupied on the Continent (which is a big part of why the Confederation is having trouble getting off the ground--less of a national identity), though Napoleon still sells Louisiana to the US. With more British involvement in the Americas, the Monroe Doctrine is pretty much dead in the water, and so the hemisphere mostly devolves into a US-UK Great Game of sorts. Most of the big changes happen after the war in Europe ends, as the Spanish colonies fight wars of independence with the homeland (Unlike OTL, Napoleon didn't place a relative on the throne of Spain, just Portugal, instead opting to simply make the King powerless). During these, the UK and US sponsor different rebellions, and end up with influence in different regions. (California and Texas are Anglo-dominated republics much like OTL, except that they were sponsored both by the US and the UK and so feel more generally "Anglo" rather than British Anglo or Anglo-American, which is why they haven't joined the US. Texas probably will eventually, though.)

the_americas__from_the_united_states_of_europe__by_zeksora-daiz67f.png

jjjjjpieee4si.png

Little WIP project i've being working on when the mood strikes.

Some facts:
Capital is New Windsor, Agra Imperial District
King-Emperor George VI
Heir is married to Indian Royalty
The Conservative parties headquarters is in Melbourne
The Imperial Space Agency has 2 orbital satellites that are manned

Goldstein

Banned

Some facts:
King-Emperor George VI

Interesting, but what's going on in the British Isles?

Isaac Beach

Banned
jjjjjpieee4si.png

Some facts:
King-Emperor George VI

Ghana stronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.