List of Alternate Presidents and PMs II

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be a dumb question, but what does titling a list "through the mirror... X" imply? I'm asking so I don't accidentally embarrass myself when I title a potential future post
What do you mean? Like Through a Mirror/Glass Darkly? Because that's a passage from Corinthians that I've used in this thread to refer to a sort of "Mirror verse" version of OTL...

This is a very silly idea.

God And My Right

2010-2016: David Cameron (Conservative)
2010 (Coalition with Liberal Democrats) def. Gordon Brown (Labour), Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist), Alex Salmond (Scottish National), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2015 (Majority) def. Ed Miliband (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist)

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative) [1]
2017 (Majority) def. Tom Watson (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein), Tim Farron (Liberal Democrat) [2]
2018-2019: Nick Hurd (Conservative majority) [3]
2019-2024: Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour) [4]
2019 (Progressive Alliance with Liberal Democrats, confidence and supply from SNP and Labour) def. Nick Hurd (Conservative), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Jacob Rees-Mogg (Constitution), David Miliband (Labour), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Michelle O'Neill (Sinn Fein)

[1] The resignation of David Cameron following the Leave vote, and Theresa May's pivot to a new, protectionist, more High Tory position led to a soar in the polls. At the 2017 election, called ostensibly to strengthen her hand in the negotiations with the EU, but more likely to take advantage of the Labour party's lamentable position in the polls, she won a huge majority and it seemed then that she would go on and on and on. It was not to be. The terrible winter of 2017 brought with it storm surges on the East Coast and terrible flooding on the West Coast. A long string of failures in infrastructure linked to austerity policies and the slashing of regulations led to growing acrimony and hostility on all sides and despite her large majority, May appeared helpless. And then King Charles intervened. The surprising death of Queen Elizabeth in late November meant the Prince of Wales became King only shortly before the storms. While the British public were at first apprehensive about their new monarch, his visits to the disaster areas and his genuine compassion and outspoken calls for greater investment in flood defences saw his popularity soar. In the face of a paralysed government, he dismissed May and called upon Parliament to produce a Prime Minister who could tackle the issues of climate change and flood defences without being tainted.
[2] The death of Michael Meacher only shortly after his election in 2015, and the ensuing coronation of Tom Watson, led to a swathe of the membership breaking away and supporting their own grassroots candidates, ultimately rallying behind Caroline Lucas. While they only just got 11 seats in the 2017 general election and contributed to the Labour falling down to 155 seats, the arrival of a new progressive force came at just the right time...
[3] Nick Hurd became Prime Minister of a Parliament ostensibly dominated by Conservatives, but the party was riven with division, particularly over the intervention of the King. The parties of Opposition were similarly shell-shocked by the move. Hurd, believing the Opposition was still too fragile and that an election would rally the Tories behind him, called a snap election in 2019 at which point the UK has formally left the European Union.
[4] He did not anticipate Jacob Rees-Mogg's Constitution Party, hoovering old Blukip support and rallying against the 'King's Man' Hurd, and calling for the King's powers to be formally restricted by a constitution. It was a quixotic move for such a reactionary. But the Tory split, along with the LibDems joining the Green-Democratic Labour Progressive Alliance led to Caroline Lucas managing to become the leader of the largest parliamentary caucus in Westminster. Managing to negotiate confidence and supply deals with the SNP and the much reduced Labour Party, she had a working majority with which to reforge Britain in the fires of environmentalism.

Last edited:

God And My Right

2010 (Coalition with Liberal Democrats) def. Gordon Brown (Labour), Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist), Alex Salmond (Scottish National), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2015 (Majority) def. Ed Miliband (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist)

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative)
2017 (Majority) def. Tom Watson (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour), Tim Farron (Liberal Democrat), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2018-2019: Nick Hurd (Conservative majority)
2019-2024: Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour)
2019 (Progressive Alliance with Liberal Democrats, confidence and supply from SNP and Labour) def. Nick Hurd (Conservative), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Jacob Rees-Mogg (Constitution), David Miliband (Labour), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Michelle O'Neill (Sinn Fein)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Green Party pls

Bolt451

Gone Fishin'

God And My Right

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative)
2017 (Majority) def. Tom Watson (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour), Tim Farron (Liberal Democrat), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2018-2019: Nick Hurd (Conservative majority)
2019-2024: Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour)

So Corbyn gets ousted in summer 2016? Leading to a Labour split? This is summer 2016Punk basically :p

Anyway, I'll um, be in my organic fairtrade vegan bunk

2007-2010: Kevin Rudd/Julia Gillard (Labor)
2007: def. Liberal (John Howard), National (Mark Vaile)

2010-2013: Tony Abbott/Warren Truss (Liberal/National)
2010: def. Labor (Kevin Rudd), Australian Greens (Bob Brown)

2013-2017: Julia Gillard/Bill Shorten (Labor)
2013: def. Liberal (Tony Abbott), National (Warren Truss), Greens (Bob Brown)
2016: def. Liberal (Malcolm Turnbull), National (Barnaby Joyce), Greens (Christine Milne), New Democrats (Nick Xenophon), One Nation (Pauline Hanson)

2017-2019: Bill Shorten/Tanya Plibersek (Labor)

2019-2023: Julie Bishop/Barnaby Joyce (Liberal/National)
2019: def. Labor (Bill Shorten), Greens (Scott Ludlam), New Democrats (Nick Xenophon), One Nation (Pauline Hanson)
2022: def. Labor (Chris Bowen), Greens (Scott Ludlam), New Democrats (Nick Xenophon)

2023-2024: Julie Bishop/Matt Canavan (Liberal/National)

2024-2030: Tanya Plibersek/Tim Watts (Labor)
2024: def. Liberal (Julie Bishop), National (Matt Canavan), Greens (Lee Rhiannon), New Democrats (Rebekah Sharkie)

2027: def. Liberal (Christian Porter), National (Matt Canavan), Greens (Samantha Ratnam), New Democrats (Rebekah Sharkie)
2024: def. Liberal (Kelly O'Dwyer), National (Fiona Nash), Greens (Samantha Ratnam), New Democrats (Skye Kakoschke-Moore)

can you guess what happened cev can you can you can you
My intuiotn is saying Green2000 punk, but it could also be from your ever expanding Meacher multi-verse in that Meacher becomes an alt Corbyn before dying and being replaced by Watson who does worse than Corbyn in OTL 2017, and splits Labour leading Caroline Lucas to become PM.

God And My Right

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative) [1]
2017 (Majority) def. Tom Watson (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein), Tim Farron (Liberal Democrat) [2]
2018-2019: Nick Hurd (Conservative majority) [3]
2019-2024: Caroline Lucas (Green-Democratic Labour) [4]

[1] The resignation of David Cameron following the Leave vote, and Theresa May's pivot to a new, protectionist, more High Tory position led to a soar in the polls. At the 2017 election, called ostensibly to strengthen her hand in the negotiations with the EU, but more likely to take advantage of the Labour party's lamentable position in the polls, she won a huge majority and it seemed then that she would go on and on and on. It was not to be. The terrible winter of 2017 brought with it storm surges on the East Coast and terrible flooding on the West Coast. A long string of failures in infrastructure linked to austerity policies and the slashing of regulations led to growing acrimony and hostility on all sides and despite her large majority, May appeared helpless. And then King Charles intervened. The surprising death of Queen Elizabeth in late November meant the Prince of Wales became King only shortly before the storms. While the British public were at first apprehensive about their new monarch, his visits to the disaster areas and his genuine compassion and outspoken calls for greater investment in flood defences saw his popularity soar. In the face of a paralysed government, he dismissed May and called upon Parliament to produce a Prime Minister who could tackle the issues of climate change and flood defences without being tainted.
[2] The death of Michael Meacher only shortly after his election in 2015, and the ensuing coronation of Tom Watson, led to a swathe of the membership breaking away and supporting their own grassroots candidates, ultimately rallying behind Caroline Lucas. While they only just got 11 seats in the 2017 general election and contributed to the Labour falling down to 155 seats, the arrival of a new progressive force came at just the right time...
[3] Nick Hurd became Prime Minister of a Parliament ostensibly dominated by Conservatives, but the party was riven with division, particularly over the intervention of the King. The parties of Opposition were similarly shell-shocked by the move. Hurd, believing the Opposition was still too fragile and that an election would rally the Tories behind him, called a snap election in 2019 at which point the UK has formally left the European Union.
[4] He did not anticipate Jacob Rees-Mogg's Constitution Party, hoovering old Blukip support and rallying against the 'King's Man' Hurd, and calling for the King's powers to be formally restricted by a constitution. It was a quixotic move for such a reactionary. But the Tory split, along with the LibDems joining the Green-Democratic Labour Progressive Alliance led to Caroline Lucas managing to become the leader of the largest parliamentary caucus in Westminster. Managing to negotiate confidence and supply deals with the SNP and the much reduced Labour Party, she had a working majority with which to reforge Britain in the fires of environmentalism.
This is excellent Bob. A brilliant read.

However I'm not sure I buy JRM not being on board with the Kings actions.

United States

2017-2018:
Donald Trump (R-NY)/Mike Pence (R-IN)
2016 Def: Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Tim Kaine (D-VA), Gary Johnson (L-NM)/Bill Weld (L-MA), Jill Stein (G-MA)/Ajamu Baraka (G-IL)
2018: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Vacant
2018-2021: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Nikki Haley (R-SC)
2021-xxxx: Joe Biden (D-DE)/Jason Kander (D-MO)
2020 Def: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Nikki Haley (R-SC), Bob Stephens (L-MO)/Mary Ruwart (L-TX), Jill Stein (G-MA)/Kevin Zeese (G-MD)

United Kingdom

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative-DUP coalition)
2017 Def: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Tim Farron (Lib Dem)
2018-xxxx: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour-SNP coalition)
2018 Def: Theresa May (Conservative), Vince Cable (Lib Dem)

United States

2017-2018:
Donald Trump (R-NY)/Mike Pence (R-IN)
2016 Def: Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Tim Kaine (D-VA), Gary Johnson (L-NM)/Bill Weld (L-MA), Jill Stein (G-MA)/Ajamu Baraka (G-IL)
2018: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Vacant
2018-2021: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Nikki Haley (R-SC)
2021-xxxx: Joe Biden (D-DE)/Jason Kander (D-MO)
2020 Def: Mike Pence (R-IN)/Nikki Haley (R-SC), Bob Stephens (L-MO)/Mary Ruwart (L-TX), Jill Stein (G-MA)/Kevin Zeese (G-MD)

United Kingdom

2016-2018: Theresa May (Conservative-DUP coalition)
2017 Def: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Tim Farron (Lib Dem)
2018-xxxx: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour-SNP coalition)
2018 Def: Theresa May (Conservative), Vince Cable (Lib Dem)
The Tory-DUP deal is a confidence and supply one, not a coalition. Also, it’s likely that the SNP would also do a confidence and supply deal.

idk if this is ATLF based of three wikiboxes @Indicus made, as a lot of this is in the 1970s and 1980s. Basically this is a "meanwhile in Pakistan" list for those three boxes. I give Indicus full credit for those boxes.

This is pretty good, and I like it. The idea of a reversed Jammu and Kashmir insurgency is one that has always been on my mind, ever since I’ve learned that my family comes from a city smack-dab in disputed territory.

I’ve recently read The Sanjay Story by Vinod Mehta, which goes into the mind of the enfant terrible and his tyrannical actions during the Emergency, and I do intend to expand on my whole “Sanjay Gandhi as Indian dictator” idea eventually, which is probably going to be drastically different from those wikiboxes.

This is pretty good, and I like it. The idea of a reversed Jammu and Kashmir insurgency is one that has always been on my mind, ever since I’ve learned that my family comes from a city smack-dab in disputed territory.

I’ve recently read The Sanjay Story by Vinod Mehta, which goes into the mind of the enfant terrible and his tyrannical actions during the Emergency, and I do intend to expand on my whole “Sanjay Gandhi as Indian dictator” idea eventually, which is probably going to be drastically different from those wikiboxes.

Yay, you're back!

I am interested in your idea of Sanjay the dictator being expanded. I can't wait!

Sideways

Donor
Great timeline @Mumby is it also playing on the notion that Corbyn did well because he was the outsider, and without him, someone else would have captured that surge?

Status
Not open for further replies.