Hail, Britannia

This is my guess
If you have any questions about my conclusions I will answer.

Majority White British (English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish): Australia, Canada, Carolina, Columbia, Cornwall, England, Ireland, Louisiana, Missouri, New England, New Zealand, Newfoundland, Ohio Country, Oregon, Scotland, Virginia, Wales, Westralia

Plurality White British: Fiji

Majority White Other: Malta

Plurality White Other: Gibraltar

Majority Hispanic: Florida, Puerto Rico

Majority East Asian: Hong Kong, Singapore

Majority South Asian: Andaman-Nicobar, Mauritius

Majority Black: Jamaica, Sierra Leone, West Indies

This is my guess

Majority White British (English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish): Australia, Canada, Carolina, Columbia, Cornwall, England, Ireland, Louisiana, Missouri, New England, New Zealand, Newfoundland, Ohio Country, Oregon, Scotland, Virginia, Wales, Westralia

We haven't thought much about racial classifications and how Britain would see it. Certainly, I would bank on "Asian" still meaning "South Asian" [as in the UK usage] instead of "East Asian" [as in OTL USA].

Saint Dane

Banned
This is my guess

Why would Fiji have a white plurality?

Why would Fiji have a white plurality?
I honestly don't know but I figured since Fiji would have been apart of the empire for a while the demographic makeup would be very similar to Hawaii. So it would have an indigenous plurality.
My guess on the ethnic make-up of Fiji in this scinerio
40% Pacific Islander
30% White
25% Indian
5% Asian/Other

Saint Dane

Banned
Nobody's asked the most important question of all: do Alaskans rush B in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?:p
Yeah, I know Counter-Strike would most likely be butterflied away ITTL.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Ethnic Demographics.
We haven't thought much about racial classifications and how Britain would see it. Certainly, I would bank on "Asian" still meaning "South Asian" [as in the UK usage] instead of "East Asian" [as in OTL USA].

Indeed. Although you'll notice in many of the infoboxes there is an "Anglo-Celtic" option separate to "European", so my assumption has been that being "British" is more cultural whereas Anglo-Celtic (i.e. from the British Isles), European, African, Asian etc. are the ethnic groups within that overarching national identity.

@Turquoise Blue, you make a good point about the whole "Asian" label. My assumption would be that "Asian" in TTL's Britain refers to anyone from South, East and Southeast Asia, but that terms like British Indian, British Chinese, British South Asian etc. are much more common, but still part of the overall Asian category. Although with India being united ITTL, it's possible that OTL South Asians are referred to as "Indians"...

I honestly don't know but I figured since Fiji would have been apart of the empire for a while the demographic makeup would be very similar to Hawaii. So it would have an indigenous plurality.
My guess on the ethnic make-up of Fiji in this scinerio
40% Pacific Islander
30% White
25% Indian
5% Asian/Other

TBH this is probably pretty close to what I had in mind.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Hey @LeinadB93, you haven't answered by question, what is deadmau5 like in your timeline.

Sorry about that. The knock-on effects of the PODs on popular culture are not really my strong point...

Best guess he probably follows much of his OTL career. From what little I've only now read about him it's possible he is more well known, but I doubt there is much difference to OTL...

ST15RM

Banned
Here's an infobox of him, in this timeline(I had to resize it)
2017-11-23.png

So this is my guess for racial classifications in the empire.

White:
White British (English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish)
White Other (Other European)
Mixed White (Mixed with White British and Other White)​

Asian:
East Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indonesian, etc.)
South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bengali, etc.)
Central Asian (Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, etc.)
Mixed Asian (Mixed with more than one Asian subgroup)
Black:
Black African (Blacks with origins from the continent of Africa)
Black Caribbean (Blacks with origins from the Caribbean)
Mixed Black (Blacks with origins from both)
Aboriginal:
North American Aborigine (Inuit, Cherokee, Cree, Seminole, Miami, Shawnee, Innu, Chinook, Sioux, etc.)
Amerindian (South American Natives mainly in West Indies (Guyana in particular))
North African Aborigine (Berber)
Aborigine Pacific Islanders (Aborigine Australian, Maori, iTaukei, other Pacific Islanders, etc.)
Other or mixed Aboriginal (mixed meaning from more than one category)
Hispanic:
Hispanic (Origins from Latin America)
Middle Easterner:
Arab (Origins from an Arab Country)
Jewish (Origins from Israel)
Other Middle Easterners (Persians, Armenians, Druze, Kurds)
Mixed Middle Easterner (Mixed with more than one category)
Creole:
Anglo-Indian (Nicobar-Andaman)
Creole French (Louisiana)
Metis (Canada, Newfoundland, Oregon, New England)
Other (Historically Mixed Ethnic Groups)
Mixed Race
Mixed with one or more of the categories above (NOT CREOLE)​

Last edited:

Wribro

Banned
Will there be a pop-cultural update? I'm very interested in possible Hail Britannia analogues to modern pop culture... Like, "Captain Britannia" or something.

Wribro

Banned
I wonder how Star Trek and Star Wars are in this universe.
For Star Wars?

The Galactic Empire is the beloved democracy that the Jedi Knights (!) defend, and the Galactic Union of Democratic Republics is the totalitarian dictatorship run by a Sith.

(!) Bonus: The Jedi are literally knighted by the monarch.

Last edited:
British Census Ethnic Groups

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
So this is my guess for racial classifications in the empire.

TBH this is probably pretty close to what I had in mind:

White:
White British/Anglo-Celtic (English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish)
White European (Whites with origins from Europe)
Northern European (Nordic Federation & Baltics)
Western European (German-speaking countries, France, Low Countries, Switzerland, Yisrael)
Southern European (Iberia, Italian Peninsula, Greece)
Eastern European (Soviet Union, Balkans, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine)
Slavic British (Slavic-speaking countries)
White Caribbean (Whites with origins from the Caribbean)
White Other (No Specified Country of Origin)
Mixed White (Mixed with White British and Other White)

Asian:

East Asian (China, Japan [incl. Taiwan], Manchuria, Corea, Southeast Asia)
South Asian (India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan)
Indo-Caribbean (South Asians with origins from the Caribbean)
Central Asian (Soviet Central Asia, Afghanistan)
Mixed Asian (Mixed with more than one Asian subgroup)

Black:

Black African (Blacks with origins from Africa)
Afro-Caribbean (Blacks with origins from the Caribbean)
Mixed Black (Blacks with origins from both)

Aboriginal:
Aboriginal American/North American Aborigine (Inuit, Cherokee, Cree, Seminole, Miami, Shawnee, Innu, Chinook, Sioux, etc.)
Amerindian (South American & Caribbean Natives, also used in Oregon)
Pacific Islanders (Aborigine Australian, Maori, iTaukei, other Pacific Islanders, etc.)
Other or mixed Aboriginal (mixed meaning from more than one category)

Turkic:
Turkic (Origins from a Turkic-speaking county, e.g Turkish, Uzbek, Kazakh, Azerbaijani etc.)

Middle Eastern/North African:
Arab (Origins from the Arab World)
Berber (Origins from native North African peoples)
Other Middle Easterners (Persians/Iranians, Armenians, Druze, Kurds, Cypriot etc.)
Mixed Middle Easterner (Mixed with more than one category)

Creole:
French Americans (including French Canadiens, Québécois, Detroitiens and Acadiens)
Cajun/Louisiana Creole (Louisiana)
Métis (Ohio Country, Canada, Missouri, Oregon, New England)
Alaskan (Canada)
Krio (Sierra Leone)
Anglo-Indian (Andaman-Nicobar)
Other (Historically Mixed Ethnic Groups)

Mixed Race
Mixed with one or more of the categories above (NOT CREOLE)

Will there be a pop-cultural update? I'm very interested in possible Hail Britannia analogues to modern pop culture... Like, "Captain Britannia" or something.
I hope so
I wonder how Star Trek and Star Wars are in this universe.

Pop-culture isn't really my strong point. I prefer to focus on national history, people and elections.

I'd imagine TTL's Captain Britain would be a merger of OTL Captain America and Captain Britain...

I mentioned previously that either Enterprise is handled better or never happens. But since Voyager there have been two further series, Frontier and Discovery. The former takes place in the post-Voyager era c. 2380s and leads up to the Hobus supernova (my thinking here is that the reboots still go ahead). The latter probably either follows on the same time period or jumps ahead to the 2450s.

I haven't really enjoyed OTL Discovery so far as it has created too many plot holes and is messing with canon. I'm hoping there will be an explanation, but for now ITTL Discovery is not as OTL.

For Star Wars?

The Galactic Empire is the beloved democracy that the Jedi Knights (!) defend, and the Galactic Union of Democratic Republics is the totalitarian dictatorship run by a Sith.

(!) Bonus: The Jedi are literally knighted by the monarch.

Haha great idea :p

Hadn't thought about Star Wars... Potentially we could see a different storylines for Episodes 1 and 7, but on the whole probably as OTL. Perhaps instead of a Galactic Republic there is a Galactic Commonwealth with a ceremonial monarch above the Chancellor who gets overthrown by the Sith??

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about Star Wars... Potentially we could see a different storylines for Episodes 1 and 7, but on the whole probably as OTL. Perhaps instead of a Galactic Republic there is a Galactic Commonwealth with a ceremonial monarch above the Chancellor who gets overthrown by the Sith??
Or perhaps a Japanese-based Star Wars as California is presumably still the base of a lot of films and whatnot, and it has a lot of Asian immigrants?

The Jedi as samurai. Imagine that.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Could I possibly make a list of Oregonian MP's if someone hasn't already?

Sure go for it! PM your ideas :)

Sarah Palin is the MIP for Kootenay but otherwise no one is set in stone.

Or perhaps a Japanese-based Star Wars as California is presumably still the base of a lot of films and whatnot, and it has a lot of Asian immigrants?

I really need to do a post about the North American film industry ITTL...

Hollywood is still a major base for film companies, and is one of the areas of California where English is the majority language. But I was thinking OTL Fort Lee, New Jersey (needs a new name), Picture City, Florida and Cedar Park, Texas are all centres of the film industry in North America.

The Jedi as samurai. Imagine that.
You'd almost think that Star Wars had massively ripped off things involving Japan. :winkytongue:

The Jedi already seem quite Samurai-like to me. But we could definitely see a greater multi-cultural influence in Star Wars & Star Trek, with more major roles filled by non-Anglophone actors/actresses...