Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we don't do a soap opera recast where everybody just remembers him as looking like that it would change the whole nature of the show. Wasn't he supposed to be the last of his race? But then it is Scifi.

PSX_20200704_113916.jpg

In 1978 Steve Gerber and Dave Sims got together for negotiations for a crossover for between Howard the Duck and Cerberus the Aardvark.
Said crossover would be a boost for the independent publishers and the first time Howard would team up with a protagonist from another comic since Gerber's days at Fawcett. However negotiations between both Dave and Steve were chaotic and though advertisements were developed in both comics publications the actual crossover would not see print until 1980

Howard and Cerberus together? Cool!

Just need the Daredevil - TMNT crossover now!
Sadly I think TMNT are going to be butterflied away ITTL what with Peter Cannon thunderbolt taking the Daredevil name, and Mr. Scarlet getting the Matt Murdock persona. And no indication that Frank Miller will tackle either if the plan is to put him on Superman instead of Batman I don't see Ninja turtles happening.
I'm really not happy about it.

Could Atlas come up with another Hero was a similar back story to ‘our’ Matt Murdock/Daredevil, that the Turtles can riff off?

Or indeed perhaps Eastman or Laird (or both) end up coming up with an inde book that does riff off an existing Hero that just catches fire because it’s that good?

Maybe one of them works at Atlas and TMNT becomes one of their quirky team books? They did made the Animen, Wondagore Knights, Woodgod, Man-Wolf etc otl? Perhaps linked to Luke Cage, Spider-Man, and the other street Heroes of NYC, with a dash of mutant rights theme slipped in?

I just wanna reiterate that I was never serious about Miller taking Superman instead of Batman (keep Miller as far away from Superman as fucking possible, honestly).

I disagree. I think it possalbe that one of the more orignal turutle commptiors like dionsausrs , samuria pizaia cats or biker mice form mars could have been created even if the ninja turtle neaver wer
Most if not all of these were created in the 90s when TMNT were at there height which is why they were ripped off.

Fawcett comics survives
With the success of Spider-man in Japan Toho decided to get into the new ginat mecha sentai genre themselves. Having made contact with C.C Beck about the bringing in Black Terror and Captain Future to Anime the heads of Toho lokked at other characters of the Nedor for live action finally settling on the the Fighting Yank with changing the character for a more Eastern audience.
PSX_20200706_145545.jpg
Kazaya Aoyama from their previous series Zone Fighters would star in the lead role of of Kenuichio a young man who puts on his ancestors Samurai helmet and Magically turned into the amazing Senti Yanku to Notatakai fighting the invasion of the Xillians with his robot Sammuri Robo-1. (Which was the title in the States)
PSX_20200627_095929.jpg
CBS was wary of finding a spot in their 1979 Saturday morning lineup in the states and would eventually leased it to Syndication in 1980 however negotiations would be in place for CBS comics to ger the license for Godzilla
PSX_20200706_152749.jpg
The Godzilla comics would be a massive hit in the US as well as starting the Earth -J world as the Japanese versions of the Nedor comics heroes both created by Toho, (Black Terror, Captain Future, & Yanku to Notatakai) as well as new takes on Miss Mask, Libberator, and thhe Scarab to fight and sometimes ally themselves with the King of the monsters.

PTVS NETWORK
In September of 1978 the Paramount Television service got their second major hit tv series Thanks to James L. Brooks
250px-Taxi_title_screen.jpg

The series lasted from 1978 -1983 starring
Judd Hirsch-Alex Reiger
Jeff Conaway-Bobby Wheeler
Danny DeVito-Louie De Palma
Marilu Henner-Elaine O'Connor
Tony Danza-Anthony Mark "Tony" Banta
Andy Kaufman-Latka Gravas
Christopher Lloyd-Reverend Jim 'Iggy' Ignatowski
Carol Kane-Simka Gravas
Actors from from Star Trek the New Voyages would make guest appearances as passengers on the show with Various actors from Taxi would guest star on Star Trek the New Voyages during it's final two seasons
3-klingon.jpg

Commander Kruge (Christopher Lloyd) though appears in New Voyages a Year before becoming a main cast member in Taxi is often listed with Danny Devito, and Marilu Henner as Taxi actors who appeared on Star Trek

DC comics
PSX_20200707_165554.jpg
In July of 1978 Count Vertigo appeared in the issues of Worlds Finest #231.
Though originally an adversary for Black Canary Count Vertigo would cross hairs with various heroes including Batman, Green Arrow and Mr. Terrific and even becoming a popular recurring member of the Suicide Squad in the 80s

I have until 1984 before I make a decision
I think the turtle would be butterfly away, as DD was a direct influence, specially the martial arts focus it have, without it, not turtles, or very different ones, they might get interested into asian martial arts but would be a different animal(pun semi-intended) without daredevil

And no indication that Frank Miller will tackle either if the plan is to put him on Superman instead of Batman
Why would DC let a minor artist who never written before , take over their Flagship Character?

When Marvel let Miller start to write Daredevil , there was talk about canceling the title. '
They had nothing to lose by giving Daredevil to Miller.

If Miller is at DC, he going to be writing on one of their minor characters.
Crimson Avenger ? A modern Captain Midnight?