Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the direction for the Civil Rights Movement ITTL would be either the Northern Irish Troubles; the demographics don’t favor Blacks. Perhaps Jesse Jackson as a Gerry Adams analogue would be more proper than a Mandela-like figure.

And congrats on finishing the first part of my favorite universe on this website!
Jackson-as-Gerry Adams is even more blursed I love it

The battle was one of the bloodiest of the war; roughly a tenth of Confederate war dead and sixth of total aggregated casualties were realized there, while one in five of every casualty sustained by the United States occurred in the Nashville Campaign.

View attachment 819774
So let's crunch some numbers given this update.

"... roughly a tenth of Confederate war dead..." 94,566 CSA killed in Nashville, times ten means the CSA has roughly 945,660 soldiers killed during this war.

"....sixth of total aggregated casualties..." 514,920 total CSA casualties, times six means 3,089,520 CSA killed, wounded, and captured soldiers during the war.

"...one in five of every casualty sustained by the United States occurred in the Nashville Campaign." 880,549 total American killed and wounded (no captured total provided) times five means 4,402, 745 American casualties overall.

Roughly 4.4 million American military casualties compared to "only" 3.1 million Confederate ones. And these numbers do not include any civilian casualties (of which there are probably at least in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands by war's end), any free blacks kidnapped and sent south, or any incidental casualties, such as death by malnutrition, famine, or disease among civilians.

Election Infoboxes - 1872-1900
As the TL comes to a close, have every single US Presidential election from the Panic of 1870 sundering the Republican Party between the Radicals and its Liberals ushering the Presidencies of Hoffman and Hendricks, to the 20 years of Liberal rule that the Blaine Administration so narrowly inaugurated. Custer narrow election victory, and short-lived Presidency, to the Liberal Party's golden boy who saw his party hold the White House for three terms and twelve years, helped by his own timely assassination, and Foraker's razor thin election victory of Uncle Adlai in 1912.
1679417546238.png
1679386436071.png
1679417589167.png

1679417718682.png
1679417760665.png
1679418324343.png
1679418376885.png
1679423692106.png

Last edited:
I would say the direction for the Civil Rights Movement ITTL would be either the Northern Irish Troubles; the demographics don’t favor Blacks. Perhaps Jesse Jackson as a Gerry Adams analogue would be more proper than a Mandela-like figure.

And congrats on finishing the first part of my favorite universe on this website!
Not sure on the either here...

But the idea of passing the hat in a black section of Cincinnati to buy explosives for blacks still in the Confederacy seems dark, but realistic...

As the TL comes to a close, have every single US Presidential election from the Panic of 1870 sundering the Republican Party between the Radicals and its Liberals ushering the Presidencies of Hoffman and Hendricks, to the 20 years of Liberal rule that the Blaine Administration so narrowly inaugurated. Custer narrow election victory, and short-lived Presidency, to the Liberal Party's golden boy who saw his party hold the White House for three terms and twelve, helped by his own timely assassination, and Foraker's razor thin election victory of Uncle Adlai in 1912.
View attachment 819860View attachment 819803View attachment 819861
View attachment 819862View attachment 819863View attachment 819867View attachment 819868View attachment 819869
Great stuff here!

All I have to say is...eat shit James Weaver. Oh, and you too William Jennings Bryan for screwing Democrats in 1900.

Not sure on the either here...

But the idea of passing the hat in a black section of Cincinnati to buy explosives for blacks still in the Confederacy seems dark, but realistic...

Especially if the remnants of the Kentucky Free State military is what forms the nucleus of the militant wing of the Confederate Civil Rights movement.

You going to set up a dedicated story thread and a dedicated Chat thread this time around or keep it like the current setups and threadmarking everything? (I don't personally have an emotional stake in how you ultimately choose lol I'm just stoned right now so wanted to knowl :) )

As the TL comes to a close, have every single US Presidential election from the Panic of 1870 sundering the Republican Party between the Radicals and its Liberals ushering the Presidencies of Hoffman and Hendricks, to the 20 years of Liberal rule that the Blaine Administration so narrowly inaugurated. Custer narrow election victory, and short-lived Presidency, to the Liberal Party's golden boy who saw his party hold the White House for three terms and twelve years, helped by his own timely assassination, and Foraker's razor thin election victory of Uncle Adlai in 1912.
View attachment 819862View attachment 819863View attachment 819867View attachment 819868View attachment 819873
I wonder if @KingSweden24 would mind threadmarking this, I think it's a valuable resource for the TL

So let's crunch some numbers given this update.

"... roughly a tenth of Confederate war dead..." 94,566 CSA killed in Nashville, times ten means the CSA has roughly 945,660 soldiers killed during this war.

"....sixth of total aggregated casualties..." 514,920 total CSA casualties, times six means 3,089,520 CSA killed, wounded, and captured soldiers during the war.

"...one in five of every casualty sustained by the United States occurred in the Nashville Campaign." 880,549 total American killed and wounded (no captured total provided) times five means 4,402, 745 American casualties overall.

Roughly 4.4 million American military casualties compared to "only" 3.1 million Confederate ones. And these numbers do not include any civilian casualties (of which there are probably at least in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands by war's end), any free blacks kidnapped and sent south, or any incidental casualties, such as death by malnutrition, famine, or disease among civilians.
Close enough to my final numbers. As one can see, that casualty rate for the Confederacy is basically 37% of white Confederate men.
View attachment 819862View attachment 819863View attachment 819867View attachment 819868View attachment 819883
Great stuff! Love seeing the east-west partisan split visualized across the decades. This will give me something to do over on the EU thread for a while 😃
I wonder if @KingSweden24 would mind threadmarking this, I think it's a valuable resource for the TL
Done
You going to set up a dedicated story thread and a dedicated Chat thread this time around or keep it like the current setups and threadmarking everything? (I don't personally have an emotional stake in how you ultimately choose lol I'm just stoned right now so wanted to knowl :) )
That seems like too much work to keep them separated, lol. We’ll see!
Congratulations on finishing Part 1 of this fantastic TL. It's been a wild ride to read and I'm excited for it is to follow in Part 2 :) 👍
Thank you sir!

And with that, I’ll tie up this thread since we’re right at the cusp. See you over on Sequel de Mayo!

@CalBear - I have (somehow!) struck the limit, this thread can be locked from additional replies

Status
Not open for further replies.