Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

You didn’t think I’d forget the about company that merged with Sega IOTL, did you? They we’re originally going to merge with Bandai but then we decided that Nintendo would buy Bandai.
And I would say that wouldn't have made sense, Sammy bought Sega for his arcade machines and real estate so they could build pachinko machines and parlor with the space and know how, bandai is a toy/media company on the other side of the spectrum. I would have propose tailto, Konami (ha), or Capcom, Even Tecmo as they have arcade machines history too.

Cc: Thank You
Seems they were able to mend that bridge, one was burned very badly, very nice

CoroCoro Magazine reveals a new Pokemon Snap by Genius Sonority. –
So gamefreak doesn't suck genius sonority dry like OTL? Nice

And I would say that wouldn't have made sense, Sammy bought Sega for his arcade machines and real estate so they could build pachinko machines and parlor with the space and know how, bandai is a toy/media company on the other side of the spectrum. I would have propose tailto, Konami (ha), or Capcom, Even Tecmo as they have arcade machines history too.
Really I didn't give much thought about Sammy/Bandai. It was more of a pair the spares situation. Anyway mistake avoided.

So gamefreak doesn't suck genius sonority dry like OTL? Nice
Back in 2002 when Nintendo/Sega restructured, Sega Rosso was absorbed into Genius Sonority. Genius Sonority is bigger than OTL so there's been 2 teams, one working on this new Pokemon Snap starting in 2003 and the other making Colosseum and later Pokemon X D. The 2 teams will then merge to make a much bigger and better Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Really I didn't give much thought about Sammy/Bandai. It was more of a pair the spares situation. Anyway mistake avoided.
Yeah thanks to our ideas and OTL Upping up the Ante(Enix just need to grab tailto and eidos like otl)

Back in 2002 when Nintendo/Sega restructured, Sega Rosso was absorbed into Genius Sonority. Genius Sonority is bigger than OTL so there's been 2 teams, one working on this new Pokemon Snap starting in 2003 and the other making Colosseum and later Pokemon X D. The 2 teams will then merge to make a much bigger and better Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned that, after Gale of Darkness, Gamefreak hired like half of GS(including james turner) if anything those hires were vital for gamefreak too but GS did suffered because that

Last edited:
In OTL news, Sony just announced they are going to purchase Bungie. While it doesn't have any direct impact on the direction of this TL, but it is pointed out that Sony and Bungie were in discussions for a while. Something to consider when figuring out future purchases for this TL.

In OTL news, Sony just announced they are going to purchase Bungie. While it doesn't have any direct impact on the direction of this TL, but it is pointed out that Sony and Bungie were in discussions for a while. Something to consider when figuring out future purchases for this TL.
Bungie without Halo doesn't worth the same, unless they want destiny 3 as their flagship MMORPG.

Good thing Halo is produced by 343 Industries for a decade, or this would have raised even more eyebrows.

Good thing Halo is produced by 343 Industries for a decade, or this would have raised even more eyebrows.
The opposite, Bungie was a first party wanted their freedom back, got scammed by Activision, scammed themselves and collapse and got bought... it raises even more eyebrows

The opposite, Bungie was a first party wanted their freedom back, got scammed by Activision, scammed themselves and collapse and got bought... it raises even more eyebrows
Good grief. That's a terrible way to go.
For... $3.6 billion?! I heard that the Destiny franchise was either meh or disappointing? If so, I don't see how they are worth that much.
Two words: Combat. Evolved.

For... $3.6 billion?! I heard that the Destiny franchise was either meh or disappointing? If so, I don't see how they are worth that much.
Brand, without CoD they needed an online shooter fast and seems the best one they found, if anything destiny was given free by battle net and the second become ftp, show how little Worth

Meanwhile Nintendo is counting their money, a shame the Nvidia-arm merged failed

Nintendo World Store & Nintendo Gameworld
Eyj3t0iU8AA30No.jpg

The iconic mural from Gameworks Seattle’s very founding in 1997.
The mural still stands to this very day.​

On May 14, 2005 Nintendo opened the Nintendo World Store in New York City. 2 weeks later on May 28, 2005 Nintendo opened Nintendo Gameworld in Seattle, Washington. A number of things were noticeably changed from the previous Gameworks.
A Mario statue and Sonic statue that Nintendo used at E3 2001 is on display at the entrance. The sign containing a quote by Steven Spielberg was moved to a Gameworks located in Las Vegas. The Shinobi statue was moved into the arcade and put on display.
The store area was expanded on and was styled after the Nintendo World Store in New York. Along with the usual games and game systems the store sells a treasure trove of Nintendo merchandise. Including a line of Nintendo figures made by Bandai.

The arcade was still the largest section of the place and was mostly unchanged. Though over the years it slowly became more and more like an arcade from Japan. With a few Japanese UFO catchers and a number of Japanese only arcade machines localized (Localized as in the text was in English, voices were still in Japanese.) such as Taiko no Tatsujin and Sega’s arcade port of Half-Life 2. It’s unknown if these localized arcade machines were used for field testing for a larger release or if they were simply being used as exclusive games to draw in customers. A sub-section of the arcade was the Retro Room. A classic 1980s style black light carpeted room full of classic arcade cabinets from the 80s.

The dining area was called “The Nintendo Lounge”. The selection of food items was based on various Nintendo franchises. Specials included Chili Dogs for Sonic, Spaghetti for Mario, Elixir Soup from Zelda: The Wind Waker, Banana Lettuce Salad for Donkey Kong. Unlike Gameworks, snacks and food were not allowed outside the dining area with the exception of the Soda and Water that was sold in plastic bottles.

A small section contains a museum featuring past Sega game systems and peripherals. Mirroring a similar section in the Nintendo World Store that features Nintendo’s past game systems and peripherals.

One thing that people who liked the previous Gameworks complained about were the “Kid Friendly” changes. Gone was the microbrewery, the pub and pool tables. These changes were not well received but was not very vocal and died down rather quickly.

The location in downtown Seattle wasn’t just close to Nintendo of America’s HQ in Redmond but the location was right by the intersection containing the Washington State Convention Center. Nintendo Gameworld sees a huge spike in customers during conventions like the Penny Arcade Expo commonly known as PAX West which began using the Washington State Convention Center in 2007 and Sakura-con an anime convention that began using the Washington State Convention Center in 2006. There was also a Regal Cinema right next door which often saw collaboration with Nintendo of America for special events. Notably the US premiere of Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew in 2006 and a special 20th Anniversary screening of the 1993 Super Mario Bros Movie in 2013.

Are there plans to convert other Gameworks into Nintendo Gameworlds?
“At this time, we don’t have any plans to convert other Gameworks to Nintendo Gameworks. The location just happened to be convenient for us and allows us to have two Nintendo themed stores on each US coast so one side of the country isn’t missing out.”
Excerpt from an Electronic Gaming Monthly interview with Nintendo of America President Peter Moore - May, 2005

Last edited:
I like how some of the Gameworks locations are still around, so those who hate the Nintendofication of this place could go to the others in the middle of the country.

Rise from your Grave! / Altered Beast (2005)
Altered Beast 2005 Small.png

Box Art

Altered Beast (2005)
Developer: Sega AM1
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube
Release Date: March 1, 2005​

The game was released in Japan, North America, and Europe unlike OTL where it didn't see a release in North America. TTL's version of Altered Beast (2005) uses the same Classical Greek Mythology setting of the original arcade with the same simple plot of Zeus rising you from the dead to rescue Athena. Though reusing the Greek myth setting proved to be a detriment as the game was commonly compared to the recently released and highly praised God of War. The game was received better than OTL and managed to sell over 1 million copies in its lifetime despite it's unfavorable comparison to God of War.

unfavorable comparison to God of War.
Technically this one was released first and the original Altered Beast have the same setting but yeah would be like a Bizarre Coincidence was revived when Sony pushed his own thing, regardless now the game is not the technical mess from OTL would be very nice to play a 3D Action game

Squirrel Invasion
Sunday May 15, 2005
It’s another night of Cartoon Network. adult swim opens up with it’s usual logo when suddenly it starts getting cut out by static. Images of a something close up some kind of cartoon animal.
“C’mon you rotten”
The image keeps going out from static to close up until.
“There we go!” It’s Conker in a generic living room.
“Alright got that outta the way! Greeting’s ladies and germs I’m Conker, Conker the Squirrel. You may know me from my amazing Nintendo 64 game Conker’s Bad Fur Day, well yours truly will be your host for these next few days on this here adult swim. Now lemme see here.” Conker reaches into his pocket, taking out a paper and reading it. “This is adult swim. The programming from here on out is not meant for children. If you are under the age of blah blah blah.” Conker crumples the paper and tosses it aside. “Like anyone gives a crap. I had a big fat warning label on my game and dumb parents still bought it for their kids, now anyway.” Conker goes to the couch, hops up and grabs the remote. “Our first show here is Futurama, followed by Family Guy up next! Let’s watch!” Conker hits a button on the remote. The screen goes to black for a moment and Futurama starts.

Conker hijacked adult swim's bumpers for 3 days in the lead up to E3. Promoting various upcoming Nintendo games starting with his own and reading and responding to fan mail. Marza Animation Planet animated the bumpers and Chris Seavor voiced Conker.

Of all the things that would have come from making a different daily schedule for Cartoon Network in this timeline, new Adult Swim bumpers starring Conker was very low on my list of predictions.

With that said, I absolutely love this. Maybe next year, the same thing can happen on Cartoon Network Fridays with Banjo and Kazooie?

Sunday May 15, 2005
It’s another night of Cartoon Network. adult swim opens up with it’s usual logo when suddenly it starts getting cut out by static. Images of a something close up some kind of cartoon animal.
“C’mon you rotten”
The image keeps going out from static to close up until.
“There we go!” It’s Conker in a generic living room.
“Alright got that outta the way! Greeting’s ladies and germs I’m Conker, Conker the Squirrel. You may know me from my amazing Nintendo 64 game Conker’s Bad Fur Day, well yours truly will be your host for these next few days on this here adult swim. Now lemme see here.” Conker reaches into his pocket, taking out a paper and reading it. “This is adult swim. The programming from here on out is not meant for children. If you are under the age of blah blah blah.” Conker crumples the paper and tosses it aside. “Like anyone gives a crap. I had a big fat warning label on my game and dumb parents still bought it for their kids, now anyway.” Conker goes to the couch, hops up and grabs the remote. “Our first show here is Futurama, followed by Family Guy up next! Let’s watch!” Conker hits a button on the remote. The screen goes to black for a moment and Futurama starts.

Conker hijacked adult swim's bumpers for 3 days in the lead up to E3. Promoting various upcoming Nintendo games starting with his own and reading and responding to fan mail. Marza Animation Planet animated the bumpers and Chris Seavor voiced Conker.
Fucking GENIUS!!!!!

Gaming News Spring 2005
Psp-1000 Small.jpg

The PSP which launched in North America on March, 24 2005​

The ESRB officially announces a new rating. E10+ - Excerpt from IGN March 2, 2005

Konami and Sammy on track to create pachinko industry giant as Nintendo subsidiary Sega focuses its efforts on the gaming market. – Excerpt from Famitsu March 15, 2005

Disney CEO Michael Eisner and Nintendo President Satoru Iwata jointly announce Nintendo’s purchase of the Walt Disney Corporation. – Excerpt from IGN April, 1 2005

Conker takes over adult swim in a genius promo by Nintendo. – Excerpt from Planet GameCube May 14, 2005

In Other News
Adult Swim announces it’s picked up Futurama for a 5th and 6th season. New episodes to premiere in the fall. – Excerpt from Wired May 12, 2005

Major Games March 2004 – May 2005
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 – Developer: Gearbox Software / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: X-Box. PS2, GCN / Release Date: Mar-1

Altered Beast (2005) – Developer: Sega AM1 / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Mar-1

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Mar-1

Pokemon Dash – Developer: Ambrella / Publisher: Nintendo, The Pokemon Company / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Mar-11

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Mar-14

Phantom Dust – Developer: Microsoft Game Studios / Publisher: Microsoft / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Mar-15

Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge – Developer: Backbone Entertainment / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Mar-15

God of War – Developer: Santa Monica Studio / Publisher: Sony / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Mar-22

PlayStation Portable – Developer: Sony / Release Date: Mar-24

Dynasty Warriors (PSP) – Developer: Omega Force / Publisher: Koei / Platforms: PSP / Release Date: Mar-24

Metal Gear Acid – Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: PSP / Release Date: Mar-24

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: PSP / Release Date: Mar-24

Ridge Racer – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: PSP / Release Date: Mar-24

Rayman DS – Developer: DC Studios/ Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: DS/ Release Date: Mar-28

Mario Party Advance – Developer: Hudson Soft / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Mar-28

Dynasty Warriors 5 – Developer: Omega Force / Publisher: Koei / Platforms: PS2, GCN / Release Date: Mar-28

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory – Developer: Ubisoft Montreal / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: PS2, X-Box, GCN, PC / Release Date: Mar-28

Lego Star Wars: The Video Game – Developer: Traveller’s Tales / Publisher: TT Games Limited / Platforms: / Release Date: Mar-29

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga – Developer: Atlus / Publisher: Atlus USA / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Apr-5

Yoshi Touch & Go – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS / Release Date: April-9

Jade Empire – Developer: BioWare / Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios (X-Box), Take-Two Interactive Software (PC) / Platforms: X-Box, PC/ Release Date: Apr-12

Polarium – Developer: Mitchell Corporation / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Apr-18

Psychonauts – Developer: Double Fine Productions / Publisher: Majesco Entertainment / Platforms: X-Box, PS2, GCN, PC / Release Date: Apr-19

Raze's Hell – Developer: Artech Digital Entertainment / Publisher: Majesco Entertainment/ Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Apr-21

Pokémon Emerald – Developer: Gamefreak / Publisher: Nintendo, The Pokemon Company / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: May-1

Forza Motorsport – Developer: Turn 10 Studios / Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: May-3

Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith – Developer: The Collective, LucasArts / Publisher: LucasArts / Platforms: / Release Date: PS2, X-Box, GCN

Donkey Konga 2 – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: May-9

WarioWare: Twisted! – Developer: Nintendo SPD / Intelligent Systems / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: May-23

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones – Developer: Intelligent Systems / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: May-23

Most Played Online Games May 2005
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash
3. Perfect Dark 2000
4. Battlefield 1942
5. Pokemon: FireRed
6. Pokemon: Leafgreen
7. Pokémon: Ruby
8. Counter-Strike
9. Pokémon: Sapphire
10. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
11. Puyo Puyo Fever DS
12. Super Mario 64 DS
13. F-Zero DX
14. Kirby: Air Ride
15. Mario Party 6

Nintendo Power Players Choice GameCube May 2005

1. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
2. Killer 7
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Perfect Dark 2000
5. MVP Baseball 2005
6. Fight Night: Round 2
7. NBA Street V3
8. Prince of Persia: the Warrior Within
9. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes of the Hunters
10. Viewtiful Joe 2

Nintendo Power Best Selling GameCube Games May 2005
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Mario Party 6
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
4. Super Mario Sunshine
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6. Super Smash Bros Melee
7. Altered Beast
8. Mario Power Tennis
9. Sega Genesis Mega Collection
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Nintendo Power Player’s Choice Gameboy May 2005
1. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
2. WarioWare Twisted!
3. Final Fantasy I & II: Doawn of Souls / Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
5. Pokemon Emerald
6. Kid Icarus: Underworld
7. Astro Boy: Omega Factor
8. Rayman: Hoodlum’s Revenge
9. Metal Slug Advance
10. Mega Man Zero 3

Nintendo Power Best Selling Gameboy May 2005
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
2. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 3. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
4. Diddy Kong Pilot
5. The Incredibles
6. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
7. The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
8. Pokemon: FireRed
9. Pokemon: Leafgreen
10. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3

Nintendo Power Players Choice Nintendo DS May 2005
1. WarioWare: Touched!
2. Puyo Puyo Fever 2
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Killer Instinct DS
5. Yoshi Touch & Go

Nintendo Power Most Wanted May 2005
1. The Legend of Zelda - GCN
2. Banjo – Kazooie 3 GCN
3. Castlevania DS - DS
4. Fire Emblem - GCN
5. Nintendogs – DS

Up next is E3 and the reveal of Smash DS.

Next Chapter: E3 2005
Upcoming Chapter: The Greek Tragedy of a Squirrel / Conker’s Other Bad Fur Day
Upcoming Omake: List of Archie Metroid Comic Arcs
Upcoming Omake: Cartoon Network City Era
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005