Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

And to the top of the most played online list it goes! Melee will likely stay on the top barring the launch day of other major online games. The list will get expanded to include 10 games in the near future. I have to admit though I’m going through some personal stuff so updates might slow down since I’m not in the writing mood. I figured I’d apologize in advance if there’s no updates for a while especially since the last update took so long.

Next Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2002 / A Merger draws near! Command?
Upcoming Chapter: Dinosaur Planet / Can’t let you be in this game. Star Fox!
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Christmas 2002 - Winter 2003
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2003 / The Sakura Blooms in America

The House of the Dead III - Developer: Sega AM1 / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: Arcade / Release Date: June-1
Seems early purchase and no chihiro allow a faster development, nice, i loved that game.

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny - Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Aug-27
this is a big win them.

Very nice update buddy, the aftermatch of the smashing of the servers and how the platform evolved and those wind waker reactions were onspot(cel shading was the least of issue, with that slow sailing and awful pacing, the game is so pretty but so bare...showed was rushed)

Does Sunshine get any changes?
that is a good question
I did think about making Corona Mountain a level but that would mean a delay and I figured Nintendo would want the GameCube's flagship Mario game out as soon as possible given that this is the first Nintendo console that didn't debut with a major Mario game. Mario Sunshine is still the same game as OTL though Wind Waker will have some changes.

Although if you want changes you might have noticed at E3 2002 Crazy Taxi 3 wasn't called Crazy Taxi 3 and it's not released yet even though it did release OTL June 2002.
I've also made a big change to Dinosaur Planet that you might notice. It's subtle but it's big.

I've also made a big change to Dinosaur Planet that you might notice. It's subtle but it's big.
Yeah i noticed it...No Sable so far, seeems Dinosaur Planet is krytal own affair so far.

did think about making Corona Mountain a level but that would mean a delay and I figured Nintendo would want the GameCube's flagship Mario game out as soon as possible given that this is the first Nintendo console that didn't debut with a major Mario game. Mario Sunshine is still the same game as OTL though Wind Waker will have some changes.
So nothing changes, thanks for the info buddy is very well needed. As long we don't have those swordless moment in WW, that is a massive imprevement too.

Interesting could this be Square Soft and Enix merging again?
Not enough butterflies to change that.

Yeah i noticed it...No Sable so far, seeems Dinosaur Planet is krytal own affair so far.

So nothing changes, thanks for the info buddy is very well needed. As long we don't have those swordless moment in WW, that is a massive imprevement too.

Not enough butterflies to change that.
Did the Spirits within movie come out ITTL as well? It was one of the big reasons why that merger happened.

I wouldn't be dropping hints if it was the same though. Square has already bounced back financially, even Wada mentioned that Square fully recovered when they first announced the merger.
What changed? OTL took years to square to recover of Spirit Within bomb, even after sony loan, still wonder what will be the surprise them

What changed? OTL took years to square to recover of Spirit Within bomb, even after sony loan, still wonder what will be the surprise them
There's a well researched neogaf post that gives a timeline of the Squaresoft/Enix merger. It also explains why Spirits Within isn't really the big catalyst some think it is.
Square was not hurting for money when the merger was finally approved in 2003.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/lets...demise-and-why-square-and-enix-merged.744184/
1587261771512.png

Ry Guy

Banned
Not terrible. Not great. But considering the fact that AOL Time Warner lost 99 billion in 2002, yeah Square is doing okay.

I wonder if Nintendo/Sega will have Shining Force characters make guest appearance in Fire Emblem and vice-versa
I really hope fire emblem still comes to the west ITTL

I wonder if Nintendo/Sega will have Shining Force characters make guest appearance in Fire Emblem and vice-versa
As far as I know, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword is set to release in 2003 while Shining Force 1 will be remade for the ds.

A crossover is possible in the future.

As far as I know, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword is set to release in 2003 while Shining Force 1 will be remade for the ds.

A crossover is possible in the future.
If the amiibos teach us something, they make cameo both in and out universe is possible, just would need to be constructed/designed that way, Centaurs and other more fantastic creature would need to wait till more advance fire emblem on the other hand, but is possible like a special code , old save bonus or just a cameo