Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

It makes me wonder what is going to happen to the Archie Sonic comics ITTL, maybe we'll see Penders try to sue Nintendo down the road?
Speaking of Archie Comics, there were pitches for Kirby, Mario and Metroid comics IOTL, I could see them being made ITTL.

It makes me wonder what is going to happen to the Archie Sonic comics ITTL, maybe we'll see Penders try to sue Nintendo down the road?
Speaking of Archie Comics, there were pitches for Kirby, Mario and Metroid comics IOTL, I could see them being made ITTL.
Well Metroid actually had 2 comics: the super comics by Benimaru Itoh and the Prime comics written by Kato Li and published by Dark Horse. If another publisher wanted to do Metroid, I'd like either one of them helming the script.

Well Metroid actually had 2 comics: the super comics by Benimaru Itoh and the Prime comics written by Kato Li and published by Dark Horse. If another publisher wanted to do Metroid, I'd like either one of them helming the script.
I remember reading that Metroid Prime comic in Nintendo Power. Those were the days.
I doubt, if anything if penders try to sue i can see Nintendo shutting down the comics
This was explained in an earlier chapter but Sega is free to license it's IPs however they want. Nintendo will only intervene/reject in "extreme circumstances" so things like Sega using Hooters to promote Sonic Forces would be rejected by Nintendo. Nintendo would come down hard on Penders, but shutting down the Sonic Comic would be up to Sega.

We'll hear from Archie soon. TLL will soon expand beyond the realm of Gaming.
I had the idea of Archie/Darkhorse translating Super Mario Kun but I'm not gonna do that anymore. People would just laugh at that Chibi-Artstyle.

I do have a choice for you guys to make. Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith?
One of them will be Sonic's permanent voice actor.

I remember reading that Metroid Prime comic in Nintendo Power. Those were the days.

This was explained in an earlier chapter but Sega is free to license it's IPs however they want. Nintendo will only intervene/reject in "extreme circumstances" so things like Sega using Hooters to promote Sonic Forces would be rejected by Nintendo. Nintendo would come down hard on Penders, but shutting down the Sonic Comic would be up to Sega.

We'll hear from Archie soon. TLL will soon expand beyond the realm of Gaming.
I had the idea of Archie/Darkhorse translating Super Mario Kun but I'm not gonna do that anymore. People would just laugh at that Chibi-Artstyle.

I do have a choice for you guys to make. Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith?
One of them will be Sonic's permanent voice actor.
That is a tough call to make. On one hand, it took Jason 5 years before he was doing sonic good. Meanwhile, Ryan has tends to sound okay during his tenure.

One thing that I hope for is for Nintendo to be less strict on fan projects such as games or mods and with YouTube in general (copyright striking videos or even taking down entire channels and don't even get me started on that awful "Creators Program" that they had for like 3 years which they nipped in the bud 2 years ago thankfully.)

In regards to Smash Bros, now that Banjo & Kazooie is in a decade early, it wouldn't be farfetched to assume that we might see a certain obese crocodile and/or a certain space pirate dragon make it in earlier, maybe when Brawl (or it's equivalent ITTL) rolls around.

Last edited:
strict on fan projects such as games or mods and
Nintendo tends to not care unless those projects ask for money or might cost money( example Metroid 2 remake when their own was coming, Mario hacks when Mario maker was coming, etc)

Shame even in OTL, Roy's Fire Emblem game remains Japan only.
A shame, the game even have a tutorial mode, a shame, hope Advance wars sales allow FE7 being bring here as OTL

Question, how Nintendo Purchase of Sega might affect TMS? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMS_Entertainment#Partnership_with_Sega
Admittedly I never truly had a plan for TMS. Sonic X will still happen and I was considering having Sonic X (and Kirby:Right Back at Ya) be the catalyst for Nintendo to license its IPs (particularly Pikmin since OTL has the Pikmin Shorts) for cartoons/anime. I never really figured out what studios though. Although I did have an idea for a Zelda Cartoon headed by Pendleton Ward

I also want to apologize because I haven't worked on TTL for weeks now. That said the Timeline's First Year Anniversary is coming up and I got a surprise for you guys.

Chapter ???: A Different Universe. A Different Era. A Different Partnership.

. Although I did have an idea for a Zelda Cartoon headed by Pendleton Ward
That guy is overrated OTL,Zelda deserved better in any TL.

Admittedly I never truly had a plan for TMS. Sonic X will still happen and I was considering having Sonic X (and Kirby:Right Back at Ya) be the catalyst for Nintendo to license its IPs (particularly Pikmin since OTL has the Pikmin Shorts) for cartoons/anime.
Maybe they keep them? they keep Marzia