Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Question how does MLK view the Sexual Revolution? I can't imagine him being an open fan,he is a Reverend after all but now he really cannot criticize much either (his affairs being piblic now)

He'll likely disapprove, but he'll keep very quiet for a number of years given his affairs.

And TBH, I don't see him speechifying much on his public forum about it. Preaching in church, maybe, once a few years have gone by, but to the nation? His first priority will always be civil rights, anything else would be a distraction and less important.

Rereading the chapter though i do think it's odd that King criticized romney on the family issue in the speech,The man is a walking embodiment of family values and what can he do action wise, maybe make some laws pecifclly targeting the Counterculture but that by it's very nature constrict civil rights and he would not be likely to approve of that.

Especially since there's at least one guy who knows he ain't getting re-elected. Meaning he's got nothing to lose by going after Hoover tooth and nail.

And you know he's got buddies.
Is it LBJ we're talking about here? Because he can easily get Reelected due to the fact that he's built an unchallengeable machine down in Texas.

There is also L. Patrick Gray, whom Nixon appointed to succeed Hoover after the old goat finally dropped dead on 1 May, 1972. Nixon bypassed Clyde Tolson ( who was already in declining health) and even the future Deep Throat, Mark Felt, to appoint Gray as the director. Gray was actually a navy officer and submarine commander by training and had no prior experience working for the Bureau. Is he still in the Navy in this TL?

There is also L. Patrick Gray, whom Nixon appointed to succeed Hoover after the old goat finally dropped dead on 1 May, 1972. Nixon bypassed Clyde Tolson ( who was already in declining health) and even the future Deep Throat, Mark Felt, to appoint Gray as the director. Gray was actually a navy officer and submarine commander by training and had no prior experience working for the Bureau. Is he still in the Navy in this TL?

This timeline's POD occurs after Gray had already left the navy. :p He is however currently serving as Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division, and is under consideration for appointment as either Solicitor General or Deputy Attorney General. :)

Windows95

Banned
Alright... This has gone full House Of Cards. Very impressive subterfuge and plot of Hoover!

And like that, wolves are going after the prey, Hoover, only for the American people to be hoodwinked about the whole politics.

From here on out, bad news will always attract news and increase, distrust of media, democracy and society will start.

In spite of Hoover's plans backfiring badly, some degree of disillusionment with politicians appears inevitable. I wonder who is going to capitalise on that...

One question, considering that the ACP is gone, what in heck is Jesse Helms doing? did he join back up with the Democrats or did he go with thurmond and Falwell over to the Republicans?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Unfortunately for Hoover there was one man in particular, an old enemy of the former Director and the junior Senator from New York, who especially wanted to see him brought down for his tyrannical behavior and for tossing his brother’s shameful past into the public eye. “I’m coming for you, you son of a bitch.” Robert Kennedy promised Hoover. “I’m coming.”
By the way, this is Kennedy we're talking about. Hoover should know how big of a hole he has dug himself into by now...

"I am the Bureau!"

[insert Hoover's face superimposed on to a portrait of Louis XIV with the caption "Le Bureau, ç'est moi!" here]

I'm glad the son of a bitch is out. Ike should have canned him in the fifties when he came up with COINTELPRO.

Ike most certainly should have. It set a terrible precedent and I cannot say enough bad things about Hoover's actions IOTL to share my distaste for him and his deeds.

In a perfect world, the CIA would not have overthrown democratically elected governments in the interests of businesses and the FBI wouldn't go on with this fearmongering of the Reds, but this is not a perfect world, either here or in this TL.

Oh, and yes yes yes it's back y'all! Time to celebrate!