Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

By the way, this is Kennedy we're talking about. Hoover should know how big of a hole he has dug himself into by now...

[insert Hoover's face superimposed on to a portrait of Louis XIV with the caption "Le Bureau, ç'est moi!" here]

Ike most certainly should have. It set a terrible precedent and I cannot say enough bad things about Hoover's actions IOTL to share my distaste for him and his deeds.

In a perfect world, the CIA would not have overthrown democratically elected governments in the interests of businesses and the FBI wouldn't go on with this fearmongering of the Reds, but this is not a perfect world, either here or in this TL.

Oh, and yes yes yes it's back y'all! Time to celebrate!

Welcome back President Lincoln :).

oh man this was good! Keep it up president Lincoln!

Thank you guys so much! :D It feels great to be back and writing for this Timeline once again. :) While I too am interested in developing our central storyline around Hoover, Bobby, and President Romney; the next couple of chapters will be quick detours into some other peoples' lives.

Would MLK be called to testify about Hoover's blackmailing attempts, do you think?
Also, could we see earlier versions of the committees that investigated the FBI and CIA's tactics?

I could see Nixon telling Romney that when Ike was President, this.
"If Dwight knew what that bastard would do to get power, he would've gotten rid of him during his first term."

Also I just got a thought with Romney's current Conservative trend he may get a challenge from the left of the Party Such as Pete McCloskey or if we're to go big about it Charles Mathias senior. This could go hand in hand with a thurmond backed challenge from the Right, maybe from Evan Mecham or John Ashbrook who OTL challenged Nixon. I actually even have suggestions for Campagin managers for them. McCloskey could get Gary Hart whose politics actually fit very well with his and Richard Vigure for the conservative candadite who essentially invented mass mailing as a politcal tactic.

Last edited:
Yeah, this TL definitely deserves a Turtledove, for Bush/Clinton alone. That is the craziest couple I've ever seen anyone try to write and it's beautiful.
No, really. There's a feud between Neo-Nazis and Klansmen over the Nazis' collaboration with "impure races". Namely, the Japanese.

well that's some black comedy.

I just finished reading this TL, and I have to admit I'm really impressed. The story has a more optimistic tone compared to what I usually read, but at the same time it's realistic. Really well done, Mr President. I look forward to see what comes next.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I just finished reading this TL, and I have to admit I'm really impressed. The story has a more optimistic tone compared to what I usually read, but at the same time it's realistic.

I feel similarly. We all could use more optimistic views of what could have been, my own position of generally being a cynic and a pessimist in a world that, in my eyes, gets worse every day, and Blue Skies in Camelot is, so far, one of my personal favorite takes on the second half of 20th-century counterfactual history, what could have been, and how sometimes, for good or ill, we are where we need to be.

I just finished reading this TL, and I have to admit I'm really impressed. The story has a more optimistic tone compared to what I usually read, but at the same time it's realistic. Really well done, Mr President. I look forward to see what comes next.

Thank you kindly, John! :D Really glad to hear that the TL manages to walk the line between optimism and realism that I'm aiming for. :) Welcome aboard!

I feel similarly. We all could use more optimistic views of what could have been, my own position of generally being a cynic and a pessimist in a world that, in my eyes, gets worse every day, and Blue Skies in Camelot is, so far, one of my personal favorite takes on the second half of 20th-century counterfactual history, what could have been, and how sometimes, for good or ill, we are where we need to be.

Thanks, Aero! :D I guess I tend to be a pretty optimistic/idealistic person, which gets me into some trouble sometimes here and there, but it is fun to explore what could have been from that point of view.