Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Good update; suffice it to say that Hoover's reputation is deep in hell, for starters...

Didn't know that Ford and JFK had affairs (or a one-night stand in Ford's case) with the same woman...

I knew about Bush and Jennifer Fitzgerald, though (there was always speculation as to why that never became public)...

I liked JFK and Jackie's responses, as well as Coretta King's smackdown and her revealing that shameful 1964 letter...

BTW, Hoover, RFK is coming for you, so fear him (just ask Hoffa)...

Wonder what else is coming from this...

BTW, Never Can Say Goodbye was originally released by the Jackson 5 in March of 1971, so congrats for continuing the pattern (though Gloria Gaynor's version is well-known)...

Waiting for more, and welcome back from the hiatus, @President_Lincoln...

Well, the shitshow’s gonna get started. The immediate effects have already done its course, but the long-term effects are about to begin.

The way I see it, the Hoover Affair has already tried to damage the reputations of many political leaders, and failed spectacularly. Instead of damaging their reputations harshly, little was lost or, in some rare cases, gained, and has resulted in painting Hoover as an absolute bastard. However, the other effect would be the investigations, which would most likely be in Hoover’s favor. If the Democrats even take a small part of Nixon’s Machiavellian scheming, the Republican Party would suffer a massive blow. Of course, Hoover would also most likely suffer from it as well, but he’d probably wouldn’t give a damn as long as others fall as well.

In any case, great to see the end of the short hiatus, especially with a powerful chapter like this. Seeing the characterization placed upon these historical figures are always a blast. Hope to see more like this!

Wow, just wow...

Nice one, @President_Lincoln :) Can't wait to see the result of the investigations...even with things backfiring on Hoover, there's going to be some hard times for the administration coming soon...

Very true...

Thank you, @TheImperialTheorist and @theg*ddam*hoi2fan! :D I'm really honored that you guys enjoyed the update. It feels good to be back in the saddle on my end as well. This entire situation is really dicey for everyone involved. At the moment, things are backfiring pretty hard on Hoover, and the Administration has public opinion on their side. Should Democrats push hard into damaging the administration and scoring points for '72, however, things could keep getting worse. Few in Washington are perfectly "clean", and if the Democrats don't let the story dissipate, some of the public's anger could fall on them.

To answer a previous question, Bobby will want to see Hoover punished for everything he's done, not just in the court of public opinion, but face repercussions and set an example for how the Bureau should be run moving forward.

Good update; suffice it to say that Hoover's reputation is deep in hell, for starters...

Didn't know that Ford and JFK had affairs (or a one-night stand in Ford's case) with the same woman...

I knew about Bush and Jennifer Fitzgerald, though (there was always speculation as to why that never became public)...

I liked JFK and Jackie's responses, as well as Coretta King's smackdown and her revealing that shameful 1964 letter...

BTW, Hoover, RFK is coming for you, so fear him (just ask Hoffa)...

Wonder what else is coming from this...

BTW, Never Can Say Goodbye was originally released by the Jackson 5 in March of 1971, so congrats for continuing the pattern (though Gloria Gaynor's version is well-known)...

Waiting for more, and welcome back from the hiatus, @President_Lincoln...

Thank you Unknown! :D Good to be back.

Well Hoover, your genius plan has backfired. And how it has, at that.

Because well, you have a lotta Congresscritters out for blood, many of whom aren't getting re-elected, meaning tehy can go balls to the wall, and oh look, time to do some Hearings on how you ran stuff in the FBI. Which is bad for you.

Didn't know that about Ford or Bush. Kennedy's affairs, I'd read about, and heard about in documentaries. Nice for MLK's wife to reveal that letter. Even Nixon would be furious about that sort of thing. Johnson, if confirmed, would clamp down on Hoover's practices for sure.

Awesome chapter as always @President_Lincoln!
I'm gonna echo my fellow readers and say that while Iove seeing Hoover's "master stroke" blow-up in his face...I do hope that the subsequent investigations get rid of the worst offenders in the government.
Especially Nixon...

200_s.gif

I am the Bureau!
LOL, I thought the exact same thing!

Well, this is gonna be a mess.

Love it. Love Hoover being hoisted by his own petard. The US government engaging in blackmail is...not a good look, and J. Edgar's going to take it in the fork.

Awesome chapter as always @President_Lincoln!
I'm gonna echo my fellow readers and say that while Iove seeing Hoover's "master stroke" blow-up in his face...I do hope that the subsequent investigations get rid of the worst offenders in the government.
Especially Nixon...

LOL, I thought the exact same thing!

Well, this is gonna be a mess.

Love it. Love Hoover being hoisted by his own petard. The US government engaging in blackmail is...not a good look, and J. Edgar's going to take it in the fork.

Thanks guys! :D I'm thrilled you enjoyed the update, and I took have been waiting a while for Hoover to get his come uppance. ;)

A lot of control in this situation lies with the Democrats in the Senate. The direction in which they take the investigations will determine, largely, what path things take from here.

Thanks guys! :D I'm thrilled you enjoyed the update, and I took have been waiting a while for Hoover to get his come uppance. ;)

A lot of control in this situation lies with the Democrats in the Senate. The direction in which they take the investigations will determine, largely, what path things take from here.
problem is that Dixiecrats also sit on alot of committies, im sure theyd be more than willing to weaken the field for Johnson and co. in 72 by taking out Liberal Democrats in the north with congressional investigations.

problem is that Dixiecrats also sit on alot of committies, im sure theyd be more than willing to weaken the field for Johnson and co. in 72 by taking out Liberal Democrats in the north with congressional investigations.

Of course, if they go hamstringing their own party like that when proper management of this scandal could be the key to the White House, they'll probably end up basically getting frozen out of any meaningful political influence in the future.

Hoover you done fucked up!!!

Also I wonder if people will still believe the allegations leveled at the Romney administration with deep shit Hoover’s found himself in?

Of course, if they go hamstringing their own party like that when proper management of this scandal could be the key to the White House, they'll probably end up basically getting frozen out of any meaningful political influence in the future.
Point, theyd be sure to try and hit the Republicians though too and they'd be careful in who they Targeted

BP Booker

Banned
Well there goes the family values platitudes...

Bobby will want to see Hoover punished for everything he's done, not just in the court of public opinion, but face repercussions and set an example for how the Bureau should be run moving forward.

Well he better hurry up considering the guys like a year away from dropping death, in a way, all this is a "from hell's heart i stab at thee" moment. Im sure that now theyre not gonna name the building after him.

Question how does MLK view the Sexual Revolution? I can't imagine him being an open fan,he is a Reverend after all but now he really cannot criticize much either (his affairs being piblic now)