Bad Flag Thread

1024px-Flag_of_Libya_%281977-2011%29.svg.png

When a ruthless dictator has to DIY for the next five seconds.

It was a very bold statement to make a flag one colour. Very distinct. I'm amazed no communist nation ever made their flag just plain red (and kept it that way, with no stars or hammer and sickle and shit).

Alright, nobody seems to have posted it yet, so here's the flag of Brown County, Nebraska, in all its glory:
brown-county-nebraska1.gif

That "1883" is certainly fitting. Because, honestly, the entire flag looks like if, in the year of 1883, a farmer was given MS Paint and asked to draw a flag of his county.

That "1883" is certainly fitting. Because, honestly, the entire flag looks like if, in the year of 1883, a farmer was given MS Paint and asked to draw a flag of his county.
Honestly, that there might be more history than the entire county has... haha!

fashbasher

Banned
NJ.gif

Even though I am a proud New Jerseyite, I think our state flag looks so awful than any other state. The background color looks like vomit, and even with the thing in the center it is too huge and it be better if it was made smaller and something else was placed as well in the flag.

What's more appropriate for a state with a mafia tradition than a severed horse's head?

Md139115

Banned
NJ.gif

Even though I am a proud New Jerseyite, I think our state flag looks so awful than any other state. The background color looks like vomit, and even with the thing in the center it is too huge and it be better if it was made smaller and something else was placed as well in the flag.

Alright, fellow proud New Jerseyan, I agree that the flag of our state is a bit wanting. The buff in particular has an annoying habit of fading to a khaki/beige. But I feel it necessary to point out that the state seal was adopted in 1777, the flag of New Jersey has always been buff, and pretty much the flag has been set in stone ever since. What possible modifications can be made that do not wreck our heritage (keeping in mind that our heritage is really the only remotely good thing we have going for ourselves right now)?

I can see adding two vertical dark "Jersey" blue stripes, but would that just make us look too much like Barbados?

Good thing about that color is not many other states use it so it makes NJ's flag stand out. If it were dark blue, it'd be nearly indistinguishable from New York, Michigan, or Pennsylvania.

Honestly, the American flag is way too busy and difficult to reproduce, and the whole "another star for each new state" mechanic is unsustainable. Already, fifty stars is an absolutely preposterous amount.

Honestly, the American flag is way too busy and difficult to reproduce, and the whole "another star for each new state" mechanic is unsustainable. Already, fifty stars is an absolutely preposterous amount.

I vaguely remember a Superman comic that was a future history (they added onto the Empire State Building to make it over a quarter mile tall!). Eventually, America spreads Peace and Liberty everywhere. Final frame has Supes posing heroically with the American flag--the stars have been replaced with an elliptical galaxy.