Bad Flag Thread

I like these flags, to be honest. I like flags with complex designs.

Now, some other ones:
Fès-Boulemane region, Morocco:
640px-Flag_of_Fes_Boulmane.png

Bienville Parish, Louisiana:
T1kgQVm.png

And, while a Liberian county flag has already been posted, I fing the Lofa county flag to be especially "interesting":
dazl3v0ilJXWgMWkW9N2QmYDP38p1z09noLpBPhUoJM.png
The Fes-Boulamene one is just a Wikipedia user using clipart to piece a flag together using its official description. There's not one online IIRC. Still a poor design, but not near as bad as that monstrosity. The Bienville Parish one, on the other hand, is legit.... Interestig fact: Bienville Parish is where Bonnie and Clyde were finally caught!

I like these flags, to be honest. I like flags with complex designs.

Now, some other ones:
Fès-Boulemane region, Morocco:
640px-Flag_of_Fes_Boulmane.png

Bienville Parish, Louisiana:
T1kgQVm.png

And, while a Liberian county flag has already been posted, I fing the Lofa county flag to be especially "interesting":
dazl3v0ilJXWgMWkW9N2QmYDP38p1z09noLpBPhUoJM.png

At least Lofa's flag is useful for something. :^)

1n9oFLG.png

I'm surprised New Guinea hasn't come up here yet. The flag of West New Britain is absolutely atrocious. It's like someone just found a picture of a conch on google images an poorly photoshopped it onto their flag. It's a shame since without the conch it would actually be pretty nice. Papua New Guinea has a really cool flag, and it makes a nice canton.

864px-Flag_of_West_New_Britain.svg.png

The flag of the Capital District isn't much better, and it's probably the least visually interesting flag in the country.

487px-Flag_of_NCD.svg.png

And then there's the Eastern Highlands Province...

661px-Flag_of_Eastern_Highlands.svg.png

... yeah. I have no clue what the thing in the star is supposed to be. Is it a tree? An alien? A guy with one leg, one arm and a huge foot?

There's also East New Britain, which I personally find visually pleasing but YMMV on that.

710px-Flag_of_East_New_Britain.svg.png

300px-Karamanid_Dynasty_flag.svg.png

I'm frankly disappointed that the flag of the Beylik of Karaman hasn't shown up yet.

JUST LOOK AT IT!

It looks like Benjamin Netanyahu's speedo, and incredibly Karaman wasn't even some middle ages Zionist state - it was Turkish! Thank god the Ottomans burned it to the ground in 1487.

450px-Livonian_colours.svg.png

This is the flag of Livonia Guberniya. It's not a truly bad flag, but the eye-scorching red ruins the entire thing.

450px-Flag_of_Sakhalin_Oblast.svg.png

I'm sure you'll never guess what place this flag represents.

600px-Flag_of_Tomsk_Oblast.svg.png

Oh.. oh... no just take it away. Why, Tomsk Oblast, why?

360px-Flag_of_the_Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast.svg.png

The Jewish Autonomous Oblast's flag. There's really nothing about the place that makes sense. It's in Manchuria for God's sake, and 60% of its population is gentile. Its flag is not only ugly, but also makes no sense.

And finally, the most unquestionably horrible flags ever to be flown:

900px-Flag_of_Afghanistan_%281880%E2%80%931901%29.svg.png

Flag of the Rashidun Caliphate

600px-Umayyad_Flag.svg.png

Flag of the Umayyad Caliphate

750px-Black_flag.svg.png

Flag of the Abbasid Caliphate

500px-Fatimid_flag.svg.png

Flag of the Fatimid Caliphate

360px-Flag_of_Ayyubid_Dynasty.svg.png

Flag of the Ayyubid Sultanate

Thankfully muslims have improved somewhat at making flags since the middle ages.

*sees Fatimid flag*

Never realized Gaddafi was a crypto-Shi'ite. Granted, the caliphate flags weren't particularly bad. They just look zero-effort.

And as for Russian flags...

1024px-Flag_of_Penza_Oblast.svg.png

Jesus is staring at your soul

Bienville Parish's flag is indeed bad. Possibly worse than Brown County, Nebraska. Here's Avoyelles Parish in the same state which is slightly less bad.

us-la-av.gif

Bienville Parish's flag is indeed bad. Possibly worse than Brown County, Nebraska. Here's Avoyelles Parish in the same state which is slightly less bad.

us-la-av.gif

I like how it accurately represents all three interesting things about the county's history. The time they planted a tree, the time there was a goose migration and the time old man Henderson (or as he was known back then, young man Henderson) got one of them newfangled plows. Folks used to come from miles around just to stare at that plow.

@Admiral A. Kolchak except for the map on flag none of those are vexillologically bad though. I mean this isn't the "Flags you don't like thread" but ones that are badly designed.
I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but are unnecessarily bright colours and single-shade flags not considered bad? I know there were other posts in this thread that posted those.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but are unnecessarily bright colours and single-shade flags not considered bad? I know there were other posts in this thread that posted those.
Bright colours would be bad if they were implicit in the design not just one version of it. "Red and blue" is different to saying "#FF2400 and #3F00FF".
And single colour flags aren't bad in of themselves. They might not be the right symbol to use but an incorrect symbol =/= bad design. One wouldn't use a red cross on white for Israel but that doesn't mean a red cross on white is a bad flag.

Bright colours would be bad if they were implicit in the design not just one version of it. "Red and blue" is different to saying "#FF2400 and #3F00FF".
And single colour flags aren't bad in of themselves. They might not be the right symbol to use but an incorrect symbol =/= bad design. One wouldn't use a red cross on white for Israel but that doesn't mean a red cross on white is a bad flag.
So, Karaman and Sakhalin have bad flags, the others are okay.

So, Karaman and Sakhalin have bad flags, the others are okay.
Sakhalin yes; Karaman would be if the star isn't on the hoist side (ie the corners have been cut off the fly, flags in Muslim countries are often displayed right to left afterall).
Tbh I'm not too happy with the Tomsk flag but then Arms on Sheets aren't great. Still it is unbusy enough to let slide.