Bad Flag Thread

Adding stripes is clearly the way to go.
Great. Now look what you've done:

flag50stripes.gif

800px-Eestimaa_v%C3%A4rvid.svg.png

According to Wikipedia, this was the flag of the governorate of Estonia during the times of the Russian Empire. This color combination is poisonous.

Southern Victory? Rule Britannia in Oregon?
Funnily enough, the U.S. Olympic Committee made the same mistake, using the 1777-spec U.S. flag on its graphics.

According to Wikipedia, this was the flag of the governorate of Estonia during the times of the Russian Empire. This color combination is poisonous.
Green and purple?

"I love you, you love me..."

It'd be much better if they swapped the positions of the purple and white bars.

800px-Eestimaa_v%C3%A4rvid.svg.png

Did Russia invert the colours as a joke? ._.

Funnily enough, the U.S. Olympic Committee made the same mistake, using the 1777-spec U.S. flag on its graphics.

Green and purple?

"I love you, you love me..."

It'd be much better if they swapped the positions of the purple and white bars.

Russia: "We are one big family~"

Estonia: "Stop plox, is bad touch. :( "

You know, green-purple-white isn't far off blue-black-white considering dye variations.
Black was often dark blue or purple, blue often had a green tinge.
I don't quite understand why hatred of this flag makes it a bad flag.

You know, green-purple-white isn't far off blue-black-white considering dye variations.
Black was often dark blue or purple, blue often had a green tinge.
I don't quite understand why hatred of this flag makes it a bad flag.
Looks weird to have the white bar on the bottom; looks like there's something missing (e.g. Serbia, Malaysia, and Yugoslavia). A white bar should be in the middle or top of the flag, like Luxembourg and the Russian Federation.

Purple, green, and white is not a necessarily bad combination, it's unique and underused compared to the ubiquitous blue, red, and white and I like lesser-used color combinations. It's just that that particular arrangement is bad.

Laq'. :)

Last edited:
Looks weird to have the white bar on the bottom; looks like there's something missing (e.g. Serbia, Malaysia, and Yugoslavia). A white bar should be in the middle or top of the flag, like Luxembourg and the Russian Federation.

Purple, green, and white is not a necessarily bad combination, it's unique and underused compared to the ubiquitous blue, red, and white and I like lesser-used color combinations. It's just that that particular arrangement is bad.

Laq'. :)
Only against a white background. Which is pretty rare for flags being flown or sewn onto uniforms ;).
Reserve your ire for true abominations such as US city and state flags!

French region flags:
I like these flags, to be honest. I like flags with complex designs.

Now, some other ones:
Fès-Boulemane region, Morocco:
640px-Flag_of_Fes_Boulmane.png

Bienville Parish, Louisiana:
T1kgQVm.png

And, while a Liberian county flag has already been posted, I find the Lofa county flag to be especially "interesting":
dazl3v0ilJXWgMWkW9N2QmYDP38p1z09noLpBPhUoJM.png

Last edited: