Bad Flag Thread

*sees Fatimid flag*

Never realized Gaddafi was a crypto-Shi'ite. Granted, the caliphate flags weren't particularly bad. They just look zero-effort.

And as for Russian flags...

1024px-Flag_of_Penza_Oblast.svg.png

Jesus is staring at your soul
christ-is-watching-28626989.png

and since we're at russian oblasts someone tell me what color would you paint details on a golden object? well according to whoever came with the Krasnodar oblast flag a slightly darker shade of gold , of course, contrast is for losers!
and do i need to mention the pink?

600px-Flag_of_Krasnodar_Krai.svg.png

Flag of the short-lived Republic of Fredonia:

800px-Fredonian_Rebellion_Flag_of_1826.svg.png

The wiki article mentioned it originally having the signatures of the founders on it as well.

e: I mean, even for a failed revolution, they could have done better than taking a Polish flag, and just writing in the ideals / goals of their revolution in the top.

Last edited:

Mobiyuz

Banned
Merced_Flag.gif

My city's flag was designed in 2000 by a 50 year old man who went to the Pocatello School of Flag Design. The city council adopted it later that same year.

My city's government is full of morons.

FAQ:
Q: Is that a starfish?
A. No. That's supposed to be a flower.

Q. What city is this for?
A. Merced, California. smartass

Q. Are those stink lines coming from the flower?
A. No, those are meant to represent a single river/creek called Bear Creek.

Q. How can they even fly this flag?
A. They don't. It literally can't be found anywhere else but Wikipedia and maybe a few flag websites from the early 2000s.

The Canadian flag from 1907 is particularly bad. Way too much going on in that shield. The 1957 flag is much better.

Canadian_Red_Ensign_1907.png

No copyright in American law for foreigners for a looooong time, even after it existed.
The US also has an originally threshold for copyright; Poland's flag is thus too simple to be copyrighted in the US. Other nations, like the UK, have much lower originally threshold than the US (so I think it could theoretically be copyrighted in other nations if so desired).

Last edited:
"So, what aspects of Canada's landscape, history, and culture should we represent on our shield?"

"Aʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ."

"Um...sir, are you sure that-"

"Aʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ."

I like how they put the England flag in there not once, not twice, but a total of three times.

Mobiyuz

Banned
I like how they put the England flag in there not once, not twice, but a total of three times.
Well as near as I can tell, it's using symbols from every Province/Territory. Jesus Christ, imagine if they tried doing that with the USA today...

Well as near as I can tell, it's using symbols from every Province/Territory. Jesus Christ, imagine if they tried doing that with the USA today...
On second thought, the UK flag is on the flag twice, which also has the England flag in it so depending on how you look at it, it has five England flags on there.