Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a Joker origin story like in OTL or is he already the Joker in this movie? Because Defoe could be good as both the mobster Napier and the Joker.

Since Eastwood would be in his late 50's when he plays Dent he could have been friends with Thomas Wayne when Bruce was growing up.

He starts out as Napier, then becomes the Joker.

I think Michael Gogh was too perfect to replace as Alfred, but if he's no longer Bond (or never was ITTL) how about Roger Moore?
I seem to recall Liam Neeson being discussed for Harvey/Two-Face, if for no other reason than his Darkman make-up being the basis for Two-Face's.

It may seem tacky/stunt casty but how about Adam West as Gordon? Or Dick Van Dyke, he can do serious parts.

Next, we still need Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Vicki Vale and I think one other principal character.
  1. If we're going with new actors for each part I'd say either Leslie Nielsen or Kurtwood Smith for Gordon. Otherwise I'd just go with Pat Hingle for the Commissioner. Adam West works too.
  2. Is David Warner too young for Alfred? Because Gough is another actor who can stay.
  3. Annie Potts was originally considered for the part in OTL. Basinger was the weakest link in OTL's Batman.
  4. Who's the last principal character?
  5. Raimi needs to make a part for his good friend Bruce Campbell.

Who is playing Batman? I forgot.
Willam Defoe - Joker/Jack Napier
Kevin Kline - Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon
Liam Neeson - Harvey Dent
Annie Potts - Vicki Vale
Ian McKellen - Alfred Pennyworth
Bruce Campbell - Circus Ringmaster or John Grayson
Kurt Cameron - Dick Grayson

I don't like the idea of Leslie Nilson playing Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon becuase , i am afraid that would conflict with him playing RJ fletcher in Weird AL Yankoic's UHF. I like the idea of him playing RJ because i see it opens the door to a Nilson Yakanic realtion which could inlude Al playing Leisli's sidekick in a 1990's revial of Police Squad. Pehraps we should have Kevin McCarthy play Gordon.

As far as stunt casting goes here are my ideas, if any of these people are dead at the time of the movie ignore them.

Adam West - Thomas Wayne or Mayor Hamilton
Julie Newmar - Martha Wayne
Cesear Remero - Carmine Falcone
Ertha Kitt - Night Club Owner or Old lady saved by Batman
Burgis Meredith - Cobblepot Patriarch (Oswald's Grandfather)
Frank Gorshin - Game Show Host
Burt Ward - Circus Ringmaster

Last edited:
As far as stunt casting goes here are my ideas, if any of these people are dead at the time of the movie ignore them.

Adam West - Thomas Wayne or Mayor Hamilton
Julie Newmar - Martha Wayne
Cesear Remero - Carmine Falcone
Ertha Kitt - Night Club Owner or Old lady saved by Batman
Burgis Meredith - Cobblepot Patriarch (Oswald's Grandfather)
Frank Gorshin - Game Show Host
Burt Ward - Circus Ringmaster

They were all alive at the time.

Who is playing Batman? I forgot.
Willam Defoe - Joker/Jack Napier
Kevin Kline - Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon
Liam Neeson - Harvey Dent
Annie Potts - Vicki Vale
Ian McKellen - Alfred Pennyworth
Bruce Campbell - Circus Ringmaster or John Grayson
Kurt Cameron - Dick Grayson

Michael Keaton is playing Bruce/Bats.

Batman (1989)
0y43IeRq6lcWze-Ha.jpg

1989 got off to a rocky start for CBS. A corporate shakeup led to Peter Guber and Jon Peters being named the new heads of Columbia Pictures starting in the third fiscal quarter. Hemdale made excellent bank with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, while Universal silenced many naysayers with Ridley Scott's remake of Dracula. Now it was CBS's turn to make their mark on 1989, and they would do so on June 22 with the release of Batman. Directed by Sam Raimi, Batman would turn out to be the perfect culmination of fifty years of Bat-mania, dating back to when Bob Kane and Bill Finger conceived the concepts for the character. The bat symbol shown above was the sole design for CBS's print campaign of the film, shown on billboards, public transit and even on stadium signage.

In the film, the emotionally tortured philanthropist Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton) fights crime in Gotham City as Batman, protector of the good people of Gotham while striking terror in to the hearts of the criminal underworld. However, when local hitman Jack Napier is reborn as the Joker (Willem Dafoe), the villainous clown uses his dark sense of humor to plot revenge against his former boss (Jack Palance). Now, Batman must confront the most ruthless villain he has ever had to face, while keeping his dual identity a secret and protecting his love interest, the news reporter Vicki Vale (Cheryl Ladd).

SELECTED CREW
Directed by Sam Raimi
Written by Sam Hamm and Warren Skaaren
Produced by Peter Guber and Jon Peters
Executive Producers: Ben Melniker and Michael E Uslan
Music by Danny Elfman
Based on the characters appearing in magazines published by National Comics
Created by Bob Kane, Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson

CAST
Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Willem Dafoe as Jack Napier/The Joker
Cheryl Ladd as Vicki Vale
Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth
Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon
Bruce Campbell as Alex Knox
Clint Eastwood as Harvey Dent
Jack Palance as Carl Grissom
Tracy Walter as Bob the Goon

NOTE: The film begins with the extended version of Columbia Pictures logo used IOTL between 1981 and 93...
...except at the big flash of the torch, the logo dissolves to the Bat Signal over a silhouette of the Gotham City skyline.

In the days before geek culture really conquered the world, Batman sparked a whole new wave of Bat-mania. T-shirts, PEZ dispensers, belt buckles, Halloween costumes, breakfast cereal, ballcaps, action figures, video games and so on. With so many people not seeming to get enough of the Dark Knight, CBS-Fox Video released Batman on all home video platforms just four months after its theatrical debut, which set a world record that could be broken in the future.

Stan Lee: "Bob used to call me up all the time and say 'Hey, you seen Batman? It was the biggest movie of the year! Where's Spider-Man?"
- 2005 Interview​

0y43IeRq6lcWze-Ha.jpg

1989 got off to a rocky start for CBS. A corporate shakeup led to Peter Guber and Jon Peters being named the new heads of Columbia Pictures starting in the third fiscal quarter. Hemdale made excellent bank with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, while Universal silenced many naysayers with Ridley Scott's remake of Dracula. Now it was CBS's turn to make their mark on 1989, and they would do so on June 22 with the release of Batman. Directed by Sam Raimi, Batman would turn out to be the perfect culmination of fifty years of Bat-mania, dating back to when Bob Kane and Bill Finger conceived the concepts for the character. The bat symbol shown above was the sole design for CBS's print campaign of the film, shown on billboards, public transit and even on stadium signage.

In the film, the emotionally tortured philanthropist Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton) fights crime in Gotham City as Batman, protector of the good people of Gotham while striking terror in to the hearts of the criminal underworld. However, when local hitman Jack Napier is reborn as the Joker (Willem Dafoe), the villainous clown uses his dark sense of humor to plot revenge against his former boss (Jack Palance). Now, Batman must confront the most ruthless villain he has ever had to face, while keeping his dual identity a secret and protecting his love interest, the news reporter Vicki Vale (Cheryl Ladd).

SELECTED CREW
Directed by Sam Raimi
Written by Sam Hamm and Warren Skaaren
Produced by Peter Guber and Jon Peters
Executive Producers: Ben Melniker and Michael E Uslan
Music by Danny Elfman
Based on the characters appearing in magazines published by National Comics
Created by Bob Kane, Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson

CAST
Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Willem Dafoe as Jack Napier/The Joker
Cheryl Ladd as Vicki Vale
Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth
Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon
Bruce Campbell as Alex Knox
Clint Eastwood as Harvey Dent
Jack Palance as Carl Grissom
Tracy Walter as Bob the Goon

NOTE: The film begins with the extended version of Columbia Pictures logo used IOTL between 1981 and 93...
...except at the big flash of the torch, the logo dissolves to the Bat Signal over a silhouette of the Gotham City skyline.

In the days before geek culture really conquered the world, Batman sparked a whole new wave of Bat-mania. T-shirts, PEZ dispensers, belt buckles, Halloween costumes, breakfast cereal, ballcaps, action figures, video games and so on. With so many people not seeming to get enough of the Dark Knight, CBS-Fox Video released Batman on all home video platforms just four months after its theatrical debut, which set a world record that could be broken in the future.

Stan Lee: "Bob used to call me up all the time and say 'Hey, you seen Batman? It was the biggest movie of the year! Where's Spider-Man?"
- 2005 Interview​
Does Batman say "I'm Batman MotherF****er" like was originally planed or is it still edited

Status
Not open for further replies.