Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean a Monster Squad played as straight as The Goonies and The Lost Boys? Will that last one persuade Orson Scott Card to shop Ender's Game, Tales of Alvin Maker, and The Song of Earth?

In terms of Pen and Paper roleplaying, have there been any major butterflies? Did we ever get a Dungeons and Dragons Saturday Morning Cartoon? Did Weis, Hickman, and Ed Greenwood ink their deals with TSR, or are we stuck with just Oerth, Mystara, and Leiber/Saberhagen's Lost Swords? I ask because a cult property of the Nineties is about to come up by a former Star Trek licensee, called Shadowrun.

Actually for that matter did FASA licence Star Trek ITTL? And might they still have the licence ITTL, with some of their background/developments actually getting some nods in canon? Like the use of John M. Ford's Klingonaase language for example?

The Monster Universe begins!

It sure does.

I'm curious, @OldNavy1988, if the revenue from the new Monster Universe will be enough for MCA to avoid being bought out by Matsushita or, if not, then at least valuable enough not to be sold down the line to Seagram Company...

I think MCA is set to ride out the rest of the twentieth century without being bought out. Most likely Panasonic will set their sights on another studio.

Paramount would never let the tail wag the dog like that. That's why we have First Contact and not Final Frontier.
True enough IOTL, but it's an alternate universe and someone else may've been put in charge of the Star Trek franchise. It's already gone in a different direction as it is, so you never know.
Also, while I know you were talking about the Diane Carey novel, "Final Frontier" was also the actual subtitle of Star Trek V: The Way to Eden...Again.

ITTL, Role-Playing Games like D&D and others have pretty much stayed the course of OTL. So yes, D&D did have a Saturday Morning show, which I could gladly make in to a full length movie ITTL depending on who you guys would like to see produce it.

Any other thoughts before the grand opening of DHS?

Classics home video release schedule for 1989...

101 Dalmatians
in April

The Land Before Time in September

Bambi in November

Repackaged with new cover artwork: Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Chanticleer, The Sword in the Stone

If you would like to suggest any changes, please let me know.

Hey, just out of curiosity, Paramount still owns Sega, right? If they don't get butterflied, I could see them making an animated movie and/or series out of NiGHTS and Alex Kidd alongside Sonic.

Hey, just out of curiosity, Paramount still owns Sega, right? If they don't get butterflied, I could see them making an animated movie and/or series out of NiGHTS and Alex Kidd alongside Sonic.

They still do.

The Genesis or whatever ends up being the name is supposed to come out in August in North America.

They still do.

The Genesis or whatever ends up being the name is supposed to come out in August in North America.
If SEGA still wants to call it the Mega Drive, all you have to do is butterfly away a small hard drive company that no-one who didn't work there ever heard of.
That's why they had to change the name in the U.S., because there was a company in (I think New Mexico, but maybe Arizona) called "Mega Drive inc." and the idiot in the trademark office thought there could be brand confusion. The company only existed from 1988-1992. Just long enough to screw SEGA out of their name.

If SEGA still wants to call it the Mega Drive, all you have to do is butterfly away a small hard drive company that no-one who didn't work there ever heard of.
That's why they had to change the name in the U.S., because there was a company in (I think New Mexico, but maybe Arizona) called "Mega Drive inc." and the idiot in the trademark office thought there could be brand confusion. The company only existed from 1988-1992. Just long enough to screw SEGA out of their name.

Mega Drive it is.

So Mighty the armadillo game comes out in 89 as a mega drive launch game.Do you think mighty 2 would come out a year after mighty one(sonic 2 came out a year after sonic 1) or maybe an amy rose came. I like the idea of amy having her own game before appearing in a mighty game, esspailly with we go an feisty indpenpent girl power amy.

Entertainment News for Mid March 1989
Trump names John Kricfalusi show runner and Scott Wade head writer for Beany and Cecil, due to hit Saturday Morning airwaves this September.

After failing to sign Slayer, Jive Records agrees to a deal with rapper Ice Cube, formerly of NWA.

Three studios, Vestron, Grand Diamond and Hemdale, have each announced they were up for sale. One buyer that has appeared so far has been Matsushita, parent company of Panasonic.

Back in music news, Disney COO Frank Wells announces he has nabbed a pair of music acts unhappy with their previous labels. First, he beat Capitol Records to the punch to sign the Beastie Boys. Then he slugged it out with Warner Bros to bring the Red Hot Chili Peppers in to the Hyperion Records fold.

I remamber a while back you where asking for a good childern's books that havn't been made in movies. Why do you do movies bassed on the work of Grame Base. He is best for Animalia the 11th hour and the sign of the seahorse. none of his books have been made into movies althought there was a tv show based on animalia and a austilian stage musical of the sign of the seahorse
Acording to the articel that link leads to mr base was interst in selling the film rights to books but neaver got a proudcer intersted http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/childrens-author-graeme-base-makes-first-animated- despite knowing steven speilberg. Perhaps abmlinmation will adapt at least one of his book ttl.

Will Mel Brookes still make the producers musical in 2005. Or perhaps a segual involing Leo being trying to break into show with a play based on his exploites with max (the i said Leo and not leo and max is because the acotr playing max died in 1977). personly i feel that the pedocers 2 woold have worked better if it came out in the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.