Status
Not open for further replies.
I remamber a while back you where asking for a good childern's books that havn't been made in movies. Why do you do movies bassed on the work of Grame Base. He is best for Animalia the 11th hour and the sign of the seahorse. none of his books have been made into movies althought there was a tv show based on animalia and a austilian stage musical of the sign of the seahorse
Acording to the articel that link leads to mr base was interst in selling the film rights to books but neaver got a proudcer intersted http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/childrens-author-graeme-base-makes-first-animated- despite knowing steven speilberg. Perhaps abmlinmation will adapt at least one of his book ttl.

Disney Hyperion Studios opens!
tumblr_nefg5xfvpI1rqqcizo1_1280.jpg

On the very first day of May 1989, the Disney-Hyperion Studios theme park opened its gates. The grand opening was attended by many A-list stars of the stage and screen. Walt, now 87, was also on hand. Also in attendance, the voice talents of the studio's upcoming animated feature, The Little Mermaid, which is expected to hit theatres this coming November.

OPENING DAY ATTRACTIONS
Rather than have a railroad around the perimeter of the park, replicas of the red trolley cars shown in Who Framed Roger Rabbit take guests where they want to go much faster.

HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD
The Main Street section of the park with a full service ATM, restaurants and shops. One restaurant in particular is the replica of the Terminal Bar from Roger Rabbit.

The Great Movie Ride: The main attraction of DHS; a dark ride contained within the facade of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. The riders are taken on a journey through Hollywood's most memorable cinematic moments, starting with an audio-animatronic of Alfred Newman conducting his most beloved piece, the 20th Century Fox fanfare. We then pass through the Musical corridor, where we see animatronics of Shirley Temple performing "On the Good Ship Lollipop" from Bright Eyes, Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia along with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke performing Step in Time from Mary Poppins. Next, the film noir and western scenes take their respective cues from Fox's most successful films of each genre, Laura and The Gunfighter. The sci-fi corridor reveals itself to be the Nostromo from New Line Cinema's Xenomorph, with Veronica Cartwright's Ripley confronting the titular alien. Afterwards, the scenery shifts to Egypt where Indiana Jones and Sallah try to carry the Ark of the Covenant. Next, the Horror film corridor where the guests encounter Freddie Krueger in his boiler room. After that, we hit the beach to learn the Planet of the Apes was really our Earth, evidenced by the remains of the Statue of Liberty. The ride vehicle then proceeds to a backlit soundstage where Mickey Mouse and Leopold Stokowski shake hands as they did in Fantasia. For the grand finale, the guide addresses the guests, "Thank you for joining us on this journey through the magic of the movies! Before we wrap up this production, we have one last scene to go, the happy ending!" We then conclude the ride with the wedding scene from the final minute of Cinderella.

ECHO LAKE
At Echo Lake, you'll find...

Back to the Future: The Ride
The ET Adventure
Star Tours
and...
The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

DOPEY DRIVE
Dopey Drive, inspired by the street on the Disney backlot in Burbank, is the home of attractions based solely on the classic Disney animated characters, with many more coming in the years ahead.

PRODUCTION CENTER
Where the backlot tram tour takes you behind the scenes at the soundstages, special effects shops and other production facilites that take residence at the park.​

tumblr_nefg5xfvpI1rqqcizo1_1280.jpg

On the very first day of May 1989, the Disney-Hyperion Studios theme park opened its gates. The grand opening was attended by many A-list stars of the stage and screen. Walt, now 87, was also on hand. Also in attendance, the voice talents of the studio's upcoming animated feature, The Little Mermaid, which is expected to hit theatres this coming November.

OPENING DAY ATTRACTIONS
Rather than have a railroad around the perimeter of the park, replicas of the red trolley cars shown in Who Framed Roger Rabbit take guests where they want to go much faster.

HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD
The Main Street section of the park with a full service ATM, restaurants and shops. One restaurant in particular is the replica of the Terminal Bar from Roger Rabbit.

The Great Movie Ride: The main attraction of DHS; a dark ride contained within the facade of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. The riders are taken on a journey through Hollywood's most memorable cinematic moments, starting with an audio-animatronic of Alfred Newman conducting his most beloved piece, the 20th Century Fox fanfare. We then pass through the Musical corridor, where we see animatronics of Shirley Temple performing "On the Good Ship Lollipop" from Bright Eyes, Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia along with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke performing Step in Time from Mary Poppins. Next, the film noir and western scenes take their respective cues from Fox's most successful films of each genre, Laura and The Gunfighter. The sci-fi corridor reveals itself to be the Nostromo from New Line Cinema's Xenomorph, with Veronica Cartwright's Ripley confronting the titular alien. Afterwards, the scenery shifts to Egypt where Indiana Jones and Sallah try to carry the Ark of the Covenant. Next, the Horror film corridor where the guests encounter Freddie Krueger in his boiler room. After that, we hit the beach to learn the Planet of the Apes was really our Earth, evidenced by the remains of the Statue of Liberty. The ride vehicle then proceeds to a backlit soundstage where Mickey Mouse and Leopold Stokowski shake hands as they did in Fantasia. For the grand finale, the guide addresses the guests, "Thank you for joining us on this journey through the magic of the movies! Before we wrap up this production, we have one last scene to go, the happy ending!" We then conclude the ride with the wedding scene from the final minute of Cinderella.

ECHO LAKE
At Echo Lake, you'll find...

Back to the Future: The Ride
The ET Adventure
Star Tours
and...
The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

DOPEY DRIVE
Dopey Drive, inspired by the street on the Disney backlot in Burbank, is the home of attractions based solely on the classic Disney animated characters, with many more coming in the years ahead.

PRODUCTION CENTER
Where the backlot tram tour takes you behind the scenes at the soundstages, special effects shops and other production facilites that take residence at the park.​

Awwww, I would've loved to go there for my birthday ITTL! :love: Everything you described about Disney Hyperion Studios makes it look like a dream come true.

I've got a couple things to say about this update.
  1. How does Ursula look? Does she look more like the concept art for the film? Because this is my favorite bit of concept art regarding Ursela.
  2. I still want the last movie Disney sees to be the one where Oswald has a journey symbolizing his return to Disney.
  3. Could there be a biopic regarding Walt's time in WWI and his struggling early days? Having it include the creation and subsequent loss of Oswald would be a nice contrast with the Return of Oswald film.

906019a9af16b0ce18383f9e5bcf3abf--princess-movies-the-little-mermaid.jpg

I've got a couple things to say about this update.
  1. How does Ursula look? Does she look more like the concept art for the film? Because this is my favorite bit of concept art regarding Ursela.
  2. I still want the last movie Disney sees to be the one where Oswald has a journey symbolizing his return to Disney.
  3. Could there be a biopic regarding Walt's time in WWI and his struggling early days? Having it include the creation and subsequent loss of Oswald would be a nice contrast with the Return of Oswald film.

906019a9af16b0ce18383f9e5bcf3abf--princess-movies-the-little-mermaid.jpg
I never knew Ursula was supposed to be a manta ray!
Huh.
Maybe they changed it because she looks like the love-child of Maleficent and the wicked stepmother from Cinderella?

To be honest, I liked her original design.

Even if you changed the design, so long as you kept the personality and mannerisms, you could still use Pat Carroll. That Manta Ray design actually does look pretty cool, I have to admit.

Having Ursula use an earlier design is the least that could happen after thirty years of different Disney films.

Any other thoughts before we move ahead to Batman?

Is Sam Raimi still going to make that movie? And is the Joker still going to be the villain? If you have Robin Williams as the Joker you'd likely have test audiences wanting him to live in this film.

Having Ursula use an earlier design is the least that could happen after thirty years of different Disney films.

Is Sam Raimi still going to make that movie? And is the Joker still going to be the villain? If you have Robin Williams as the Joker you'd likely have test audiences wanting him to live in this film.

Sam Raimi is still scheduled to direct, but I still haven't settled on a villain yet. Could be either the Joker, Penguin or Riddler, as I want to save Two Face for a second movie. Plus I want to save Robin for a second movie as well.

Just out of curiosity, what's going on with Casper and the other Harvey Comics properties?

The old Noveltoons are being repackaged in syndication as of 1989. The Harvey Cartoon Classics collection of home video releases began in 1986, the same year Taft's Worldvision division rolled out said line IOTL, with Herman and Katnip and Baby Huey. For all the VHS/Beta collectors of TTL, each title of that first wave contains the darker red warning screens, video dealer announcement and Sorcerer Mickey logo at the beginning. Then in 1987 came Little Audrey and Casper. After that, it has been mostly second and third volumes with the aforementioned characters. With Casper and the Angels butterflied, the multivolume box set of the Richie Rich series has made a fortune for Disney.

A new series with the Harvey characters should hit the airwaves sometime in 1991, and the whole gang is rumored to appear in a C+C Music Factory music video.

Sam Raimi is still scheduled to direct, but I still haven't settled on a villain yet. Could be either the Joker, Penguin or Riddler, as I want to save Two Face for a second movie. Plus I want to save Robin for a second movie as well.

• Joker should be the villain of the first movie. James Woods and Willem Defoe could work for him.
  • Penguin could be a white collar criminal using his Iceberg Lounge as a front as well as a legitimate business. Christopher Lloyd was considered for the Penguin.
  • Robin Williams should play the Riddler in a sequel.
  • Harvey Dent should be scarred by the Joker in the course of the film. I don't see how he can be played by Billy Dee Williams when he wasn't Lando. Mel Gibson was considered for Two-Face. So was Clint Eastwood. Which is appropriate since Eastwood was also considered for Two-Face in the Adam West series before they replaced him with False Face.
  • Leonardo Dicaprio should play Dick Grayson.

As far as Robin some other actors could be Michael J Fox or Kurt Cameron or as a long shot Will Smith

Fox is too old at this point - he's 28 in 1989. I think the ideal age for Dick Grayson's actor would be around 17-24, as he needs to be young enough to be a "boy wonder" but not young enough to be seen as "Batman Jr". (This is assuming Grayson will be New Teen Titans Robin and not Nightwing, in which case I can see Fox in the role.)

Fresh Prince is still one year away so Smith hasn't started acting yet. Kirk Cameron would be a good choice though.

How about Dafoe as the Joker and Eastwood as Harvey Dent?
Is this a Joker origin story like in OTL or is he already the Joker in this movie? Because Defoe could be good as both the mobster Napier and the Joker.

Since Eastwood would be in his late 50's when he plays Dent he could have been friends with Thomas Wayne when Bruce was growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.