Status
Not open for further replies.
https://avengersearthsmightiestheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Jennifer_Hale

This was the source I found. Since her Wikipedia doesn’t say, this was the second link I clicked, which says her date of birth is January 30, 1972.

I’m actually kind of curious as to why her date of birth here in the link above is different from IMBD, and I kind of want to know which one is right. I assume however that the one I got from the link above is wrong and that the IMBD which says she was born in 1965 is the correct one.
I also agree because it works better with 1982 high school graduation.

1965 according to IMDB, so she's 26 at this point TTL.
I knew she was Younger Than She Looks, but damn…
I'd rather see the Hawks associated with the Justice Society, maybe in a flashback/flash forward or one based on Justice League of America #21 & #22.
Nobody says they can’t still reincarnate; it’d at least be less messy than the comics’ version.
Or grandfather/grandson as nod to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman.
Not my preference (guy who dislikes the Steve Rogers/Sharon Carter thing from the Captain America comics, here), but whatever.
Which is another good reason to cast him in the Superman animated series.

And it would a great lose ITTL to lose Phil LaMarr as John Stewart.
Agreed on both.
Assuming she's 17/18 in 1982 she would be born in 1964/65.

Assuming this is the same Jennifer Hale than she's big enough:

So she graduated high school at age 10?
Also source please for this date.
Thanks guys.

Which didn’t stop the JWS show from using Barry… and making Jay Allen his brother who died in the pilot. But then again it was 1990, so Wally wasn’t quite entrenched in the public consciousness yet (the DC animated movies don’t have that excuse, especially the ones before Barry was resurrected).

Speaking of which, rumour has it that Mark Hamill’s appearances in that show as the Trickster — in a more Joker-inspired characterisation than the comics — was part of why he was cast in BTAS. I can’t verify this of course, and regardless it’s not like Hamill NEEDS the role ITTL to be able to prove he can turn on the depraved psychopath on a dime…

Also, if the Flash gets any prominent adaptation later on I’d hope the Rogues get depicted more as the “thieves with honour” that they’re best known as in the comics… too many stories take them, and the Flash rogues gallery as a whole, much too seriously.

Mark Hamill himself said it was his laughter that got him the role as Joker.

And absolutely yes, bring back the Rogues as honorable thieves... better yet, Rogues as found family.

But James Jesse isn't supposed to be a version of Joker with a near-equivalent body count! He's supposed to be wacky and fun; messing with the hero's head but not out to hurt anyone. This page from Blue Devil #8 as example:

tumblr_lton0aGi1S1qhk136o1_500.jpg

Hopefully Green Arrow joins the team at some point, and has his famous romance with Black Canary. Maybe Hawkgirl can also join the team as well?

Also, no Flash? Please tell me he’ll be part of the team or will join it?
Depending on how connected Teen Titans ends up with the nascent DCAU (and which team members it features), I did suggest that Wally’s succeeding Barry could be done well. Although if like the OTL!DCAU they just didn’t do Barry at all, I’d also understand.

I like this line-up honestly, it has a good amount of variety and doesn’t strictly adhere to either the OTL series or the comics either; even if they never had the Flash it would probably work… and BTW Geekhis, is there an equivalent to the JWS!The Flash series being made here? Is that why he doesn’t feature, or was it a purely creative choice to replace him specifically with Black Canary? 🧐
D'oh!! How could I forget The Flash? Retconned.

Will they explain in the show why his voice changed or is this just another Darren from Bewitched type scenario?
Let's say the latter, with the Klownz (now a canonical name for his gang/minions) occasionally speculating or commenting on it. The running theory is that he occasionally changes it to mess with people.

It's funny that Bruce Timm of all people was against Harley Quinn since he invented her in OTL and seems to be quite fond of her.
He intended her as a one-time joke iOTL too and was afraid that she'd start to humanize the Joker. Instead, she just made a perfect foil for showing how unnecessarily cruel he was.

As far as I know the Eisner estate still owns the IP to The Spirit and Denis Kitchen was only the agent of the estate. It also seems kinda sad to have a major comic company owning the IP of one of the earlier creator owned superheroes.
Double D'oh. Retconned to just the print distribution rights as Shooter tries to keep him out of the hands of DC.

I think there's a chance if Andrea Romano is the voice director. I'm going to play the casting game for who I'd like to voice the Justice League...

George Newburn as Superman - I mean, why not have him voice the character earlier? Flash Fact: he starred in 1988's Switching Channels with Christopher Reeve.
Marina Sirtis as Wonder Woman - Not too sure if it would work, but I would it throw it out there because I would her to be known for something if he's not Deanna Troi ITTL.
Miguel Ferrer as Aquaman - He voiced the character in OTL's Superman: The Animated Series. If anyone has any better ideas...
Carl Lumby as Martian Manhunter - For the same reason as George Newburn. He was perfect for the role OTL and he's was active in Hollywood during the 90s.
Joe Morton as Green Lantern/John Stewart
Jennifer Hale as Black Canary
Works for me. I haven't yet decided what Sirtis was doing without TNG. Character actor, TV roles...why not go into voice acting per OTL? Let's say that she made appearances on TNG playing various parts ala Jeffrey Combs.

I'd rather see the Hawks associated with the Justice Society, maybe in a flashback/flash forward or one based on Justice League of America #21 & #22.
Just for the sake of speculation, what if Hawkwoman (as Shayera had been called since the 80s, which I don't think Brad Bird would known of the name change) appears far a space-based arc with Katar getting a mention while the Carter Hall version of Hawkman appears in the JSA team-up?
And it would a great lose ITTL to lose Phil LaMarr as John Stewart.
I chose Joe Morton as a placeholder for the most part as LaMarr was still limited to a few guest spots on television and didn't get his big break until Pulp Fiction in 1994. It's still possible that he auditioned. I met the man at the Calgary Expo twice, and he was a quite knowledgeable about the comics so I wouldn't count him out completely.

Here are some more suggestions for casting...

Charlie Schlatter as Wally West/The Flash - He was the original voice for the character in S:TAS and this would be him coming off the role of Ferris Bueller from the doomed television series.
Anthony Geary as Green Arrow - A bit of stunt casting on my part. Kin Shriner (AKA Scott Baldwin on General Hospital) voiced the role on Justice League Unlimited OTL, I thought why not cast his GH rival in the role TTL?
Rosalind Chao as Shayera Thal/Hawkwoman - I thought it would fit given the role she plays on TTL's Star Trek: TNG.
Julie Brown as Zatanna - Because Paul Dini says so.

Jeffrey Combs
Speaking of whom...

Jeffrey Combs as The Question - Maybe not on Justice League, but on TTL's Batman: The Animated Series as a stand-in for the Spirit since the two are visually similar. It would be waste not to have Combs as the character.

Just found out about this. Any chance this park could remain open somehow with different owners?

TBH, I'd love it if Disney bought it and may it some Disneytown Tennessee, maybe even use the talent at it for future productions.

Why not Kansas City, MO, it should be far enough away from Six Flags in St. Louis.
I mean I would love a Disneytown Minnesota but I am not sure if there is gonna be reason for it. Main problem is they’d be closed for a part of the years in Minnesota due to winter. They also have Valleyfair, Renfest, and the Minnesota Zoo, while the later two have no rides they’re still popular. (Minnesota Zoo did have a monorail)

I mean I would love a Disneytown Minnesota but I am not sure if there is gonna be reason for it. Main problem is they’d be closed for a part of the years in Minnesota due to winter. They also have Valleyfair, Renfest, and the Minnesota Zoo, while the later two have no rides they’re still popular. (Minnesota Zoo did have a monorail)

Isn't the Mall of America in Minnesota in OTL?

You never heard of the Davy Crockett craze of the 50s? 🦝
John Wayne was even bigger back then; Iowa makes even less sense than Tennessee. Sorry, but from a corporate perspective, the best the flyover states can hope for is a cheap package deal for Disneytown Denver.
Isn't the Mall of America in Minnesota in OTL?
If Disney wants to make an indoor theme park, by all means. But those are usually smaller and pricier.

Let's face it, if Disney even does a D-Town Tennessee, they'll go with a blues/rock theme, like with Elvis. More recognisable and doesn't carry the same corny rep country music did in this era.

Disney creating a Disneytown in Tennessee wouldn't necessarily be that bad compared to Montana or Minnesota, but Nashville might be one of those cities that's off the Mouse's radar compared to other cities like San Antonio, Chicago, or St. Louis (a St. Louis DT is a more likely Deep South location because of the history with Riverfront Square).

I was mainly referring to your suggestion that there are few locations in the Midwest. If nothing else Disney could revisit Walt's old Riverfront Square project:

Status
Not open for further replies.