Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, only in the 90's we had this bright idea to record the entirety of the human DNA, but sure, you have a point. The British could also lend a help with their FATE computer system. *shudders*
I remember this one project where they had the brains of embryonic brains of mice in little soccer playing bots. Now I can definitely see the Drakian's doing something similar but horrific...

There is also a kind of mutation in human gene - I don't remember which one - that could theoretically help human to build muscle faster and stronger. Of course, couple that with improved diets and exercises to get near-optimal performance, but that performance will eventually fade away. In general, genetically-engineering humans to become superhuman or to create diabolical mutant creatures are ASB, and practically, they are still vulnerable to a lot of things.
You don't need invincibly superhuman mutants to make an unholy terror, though. Just something near-human that can breed fast enough to compete with Bonded labor and robotic assembly lines.

Rhesus macaques start breeding around the age of four, tolerate a wide range of habitats, and organize themselves along the lines of a dominance hierarchy that could be used to solidify control over the troop. A macaque chimera with the ability to understand orders verbally and with subhuman cognitive flexibility could be a cheaper, less care-intensive, and more controllable alternative to Bonded laborers.

I remember this one project where they had the brains of embryonic brains of mice in little soccer playing bots. Now I can definitely see the Drakian's doing something similar but horrific...
Wait, what?

...link, please.

The reverse-application (using technology to mind control animals) is also a serious research endeavour:
Comment on using rat brains or whatever animal brains for robot control: since the AfD are more technopunk than their Societist counterpart, they will instead use advanced semiconducting and material science to produce artificial brains (called Neuromorphic Computing in real life). In the long run, these artificial brains will outpace natural ones in performance, while being much easier to maintain (hey, you only need to supply them with some electrical power).

Last edited:
I am truly terrified now.
The reverse-application (using technology to mind control animals) is also a serious research endeavour:
Comment on using rat brains or whatever animal brains for robot control: since the AfD are more technopunk than their Societist counterpart, they will instead use advanced semiconducting and material science to produce artificial brains (called Neuromorphic Computing in real life). In the long run, these artificial brains will outpace natural ones in performance, while being much easier to maintain (hey, you only need to supply them with some electrical power).
You can do some real Systemshock styled body horror with this technology. Remote controlled bondsman is amongst the first things to spring to mind. That and a biocompter made from the brains of the Dominions top minds (can anyone say SHODAN/glados)
I mean given the Drakensis were made from seed materials taken from the upper class and suffered from inbreeding related defects as a result...
ah, it seems that limiting your genetic gene pool isn't the best way to promote population growth.
Which is why I suggested with the following batches of Drakensis the scientists falsified the reports and use genetic material from non first family donnors and other citizens.

Last edited:
You can do some real Systemshock styled body horror with this technology. Remote controlled bondsman is amongst the first things to spring to mind. That and a biocompter made from the brains of the Dominions top minds (can anyone say SHODAN/glados)
That's basically the Kree Supreme Intelligence from Marvel Comics, most recently seen in the Captain Marvel movie

Which is why I suggested with the following batches of Drakensis the scientists falsified the reports and use genetic material from non first family donnors and other citizens.
I honestly think the only real "success" of the Drakensis program will be the Drakians attempting to genetically create IQ in Drakensis by matching high IQ genetic sperm and eggs together. Even then defects could happen to the Drakensis.

I'm thinking after the final collapse of the Empire of Drakia, the Drakensis will most likely manage to be considered an entirely new ethnic group.

I mean these would be IQ tests as drawn up by Drakians in the Drakian Empire often with explicit nods to Societist eugenics and the reassuring statistical outcomes of Bonded subjects (suffering poverty comorbidities such as childhood malnutrition, untreated trauma and drug addiction, severe parasitism and long-term infections, poor medical care, etc..., etc...) losing out to the """""superior""""" Drakian Citizens who speak Drakian English as a first language and have devoted their free time to practicing to the test. I seriously doubt any kind of scientific rigor could be extracted from what is essentially a fancier version of going "no you times a million".

I now really want a Silent Hill like story, where after the fall of the Drakian Empire some random town is haunted due to the sheer horror and atrocities that were committed in the past.

One thing I was thinking of is, in addition to using genetic engineering to develop more effective pathogens for biological and chemical warfare, could the Drakians experiment with genetic modification with the goal of creating invasive species with the goal of inducing ecological collapse in enemy territories, ecological warfare if you will, possibly drawing inspiration from the devastation wrought on the native population by the introduction of those flies that wiped out their cattle.

Something like pesticide, insect and drought resistant weeds (especially ones that eat up a lot of nutrients) and pests dropped onto agricultural land, using sterile insect techniques on major pollinators, genetically modifying invasive species to be even hardier and overhunt/graze, etc.

I'm generally a believer that a lot of the concerns over genetic modification are overblown but you could definitely do a lot of damage if you were actively seeking to weaponise it. And this is a timeline where mass-scale chemical and biological weapons are common use against civilians.

Something completely random, but the widespread usage of chem & bio weapons would have some interesting changes to certain small aspects of behaviors in people.

-people are far less likely to touch their face with their bare hands: while people would know better than to do that in the abstract, RL training (which would certainly be more widespread than OTL) means that a lot of them would learn that the hard way (CS gas particles are not fun when they get into your eyes, nose, or mouth).
-spicy food becoming more popular: training with CS after a while (and no matter what happens, contact with the spicy air is unavoidable in training), degrades the taste sense of those exposed to it, often to the point where they smother their food with hot sauce just to taste anything. I can see in America cuisines from their Mexican states would gain in popularity partially for that reason.

Something completely random, but the widespread usage of chem & bio weapons would have some interesting changes to certain small aspects of behaviors in people.

-people are far less likely to touch their face with their bare hands: while people would know better than to do that in the abstract, RL training (which would certainly be more widespread than OTL) means that a lot of them would learn that the hard way (CS gas particles are not fun when they get into your eyes, nose, or mouth).
-spicy food becoming more popular: training with CS after a while (and no matter what happens, contact with the spicy air is unavoidable in training), degrades the taste sense of those exposed to it, often to the point where they smother their food with hot sauce just to taste anything. I can see in America cuisines from their Mexican states would gain in popularity partially for that reason.

That explains why I started dumping hot sauce on my food after the gas chamber.

Touching your face is a sub conscious action. You don't control it and it's a lot harder than you think. Look at the last few months.

Touching your face is a sub conscious action. You don't control it and it's a lot harder than you think. Look at the last few months.
Hence all that training that would have been instituted, which even many civilians would have gone through in this timeline due to greater fear of chem and bio attacks.

Sure, there's always a couple of dumbfucks per stick who still followed their instincts, but they learned their lessons soon enough...

Last edited:
I now really want a Silent Hill like story, where after the fall of the Drakian Empire some random town is haunted due to the sheer horror and atrocities that were committed in the past.
Considering the current conversation about the biological sciences I really want to see a Resident Evil/Systemshock styled sci-fi horror story. You could have a team of Alliance spec ops investigating a secret Drakian bio-lab underneath the Congo Lake, post final war. Only to come face to face with nightmares they could never have imagined.

Considering the current conversation about the biological sciences I really want to see a Resident Evil/Systemshock styled sci-fi horror story. You could have a team of Alliance spec ops investigating a secret Drakian bio-lab underneath the Congo Lake, post final war. Only to come face to face with nightmares they could never have imagined.
[/QUOTE

Better after the bombing of the Congo dam the lab is exposed leading this abomination to roam Africa.

Perhaps the experiment in question was TTL's Stone Dogs, but the scientists promptly got infected and now there's an entire biological horror ecosystem down there?

Perhaps the experiment in question was TTL's Stone Dogs, but the scientists promptly got infected and now there's an entire biological horror ecosystem down there?
Probably nothing as ASB but there's all sorts of horrors you could create deranged bondsman test subjects, cybernetically controlled beasts, human brain cell bio computer, artificially created creatures etc. All trapped together deep underwater in a slowly crumbling science facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.