Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the Japanese got screwed with their Civil War with the Confederation of East Asia, some rapprochement might not be out of the question a few decades down the line. Which could make India concerned with their ambitious in East Asia and the potential tensions in the region.

Hopefully we won't be seeing India and the USA messing around in each other's backyards.

I think Japan losing its Empire in a spectacularly ironic manner satiated American need for revenge. Yes 3-4 million of Americans died but in the end the Japanese Empire ended up dissolving in a Civil War that likely killed tens of millions of Japanese in addition to those who died in the Great War.

I think Japan losing its Empire in a spectacularly ironic manner satiated American need for revenge. Yes 3-4 million of Americans died but in the end the Japanese Empire ended up dissolving in a Civil War that likely killed tens of millions of Japanese in addition to those who died in the Great War.

I could see this. However, given that if I'm not mistaken Japan is sympathetic to Drakia, so depending on how that goes, I could see some Silent War "score-settling" if not a political movement per-se

I could see this. However, given that if I'm not mistaken Japan is sympathetic to Drakia, so depending on how that goes, I could see some Silent War "score-settling" if not a political movement per-se

I'm fairly sure the USN would sink Japan's fleet again. I just think New York would happily let the Chinese, Koreans and Mongols have the honour and glory (ie.casualties) of pacifying the Home Islands. After all, why waste 300 divisions in East-Asia when there's a African-Dragon to skin .

I'm fairly sure the USN would sink Japan's fleet again. I just think New York would happily let the Chinese, Koreans and Mongols have the honour and glory (ie.casualties) of pacifying the Home Islands. After all, why waste 300 divisions in East-Asia when there's a African-Dragon to skin .
African-Dragon just makes me think of a grootslang 😂

According to the map he had posted in the map thread, the Romani Republic switched sides to Drakia in the Great Patriotic War and was added in the empire as a Princely State.

See spoiler for map

Cy9qC4f.png
holy fuck such good map

EDIT: didn't realize that the author made that, srry.

Last edited:
What would the USA in Decades of Darkness think of this timeline's version of Drakia and vice versa?
I imagine the DoD USA would be somewhat miffed by the Drakian's whole 'Empire of God' business. The Drakians would probably view them as an effete version of themselves, and wonder why they haven't gone and annexed all the other left over nations in the Americas yet.

While the creation of Ghouloons is highly unlikely in universe I can see this being a somewhat viable alternative. Especially if the Drakian's unleashed them into the wilds of enemy nations.

While the creation of Ghouloons is highly unlikely in universe I can see this being a somewhat viable alternative. Especially if the Drakian's unleashed them into the wilds of enemy nations.
It requires B-Movie Genetic Engineering assisted by Viral Handwavium.

There is this. Your mileage may vary as to its veracity, but it may be possible to make human-monkey chimeras with enhanced muscularity and...selectively...near human mental capabilities. Perfect as a replacement for the Bonded--or for slave soldiers.

There is this. Your mileage may vary as to its veracity, but it may be possible to make human-monkey chimeras with enhanced muscularity and...selectively...near human mental capabilities. Perfect as a replacement for the Bonded--or for slave soldiers.
There is also a kind of mutation in human gene - I don't remember which one - that could theoretically help human to build muscle faster and stronger. Of course, couple that with improved diets and exercises to get near-optimal performance, but that performance will eventually fade away. In general, genetically-engineering humans to become superhuman or to create diabolical mutant creatures are ASB, and practically, they are still vulnerable to a lot of things. Exoskeletons, army robots or using genetics to improve general health is much more plausible though.

Jesus, its implications somewhat disgusted me. However, with how determined the Drakians are with building up its wealth of literature in its eugenics program, they may as well pass their bumbling phase and actually start being scientific with their program.

We all know too much where they came from and where they wanted it to end. The world must be rather thankful that the damndrakians still don't have the computer and the academe to do so in the 60's and 70's and didn't pursue with the bonded selection program.

However, as distasteful as it is to bring up the sick shit that we've destroyed IOTL, they must have done it all to the very end. We don't really know the answer.

Jesus, its implications somewhat disgusted me. However, with how determined the Drakians are with building up its wealth of literature in its eugenics program, they may as well pass their bumbling phase and actually start being scientific with their program.

We all know too much where they came from and where they wanted it to end. The world must be rather thankful that the damndrakians still don't have the computer and the academe to do so in the 60's and 70's and didn't pursue with the bonded selection program.

However, as distasteful as it is to bring up the sick shit that we've destroyed IOTL, they must have done it all to the very end. We don't really know the answer.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's nothing stopping them from buying Alliance computers second hand through intermediaries and front companies. Sure their computers may mostly be second rate copies but there's still plenty they can do with them, especially if they have the right motivation.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's nothing stopping them from buying Alliance computers second hand through intermediaries and front companies. Sure their computers may mostly be second rate copies but there's still plenty they can do with them, especially if they have the right motivation.
Well, only in the 90's we had this bright idea to record the entirety of the human DNA, but sure, you have a point. The British could also lend a help with their FATE computer system. *shudders*

I wonder if the Drakian upper class at this point have diverged so much that they've developed their own genetic identity- that is, the upper white classes have intermingled so much that now there's a specific "Drakian" genetic marker.

I wonder if the Drakian upper class at this point have diverged so much that they've developed their own genetic identity- that is, the upper white classes have intermingled so much that now there's a specific "Drakian" genetic marker.
I mean given the Drakensis were made from seed materials taken from the upper class and suffered from inbreeding related defects as a result...

Status
Not open for further replies.