Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what other wild experiments Free China is doing when it comes to "impractical pure science".
Nukes! Heavy Shock Troopers! Anthropology! A theory positing the Asian origin of humanity!
Despite the intense nationalism of TTL, are the anything resembling the Internationalist/globalist movements of OTL?
Well, the Alliance of Democracy is one, although maybe more on the political side emphasizing co-equality than American near-domination and anti-Soviet brinksmanship like how it did IOTL.

Well aside from those, we could really use the parts per million of carbon in the atmosphere, as well as the number of years that Global Warming has gone here relative to OTL. I also suppose that the nations have already built high-clean laboratories and thus are already capable of detecting lead contamination.

Last edited:
With the exoskeletons it'll only be a matter of time before this becomes a reality in universe.
OIP.My872hsG658_v-nyuGShuwHaFj

With the exoskeletons it'll only be a matter of time before this becomes a reality in universe.
OIP.My872hsG658_v-nyuGShuwHaFj
Honestly, miniguns would be way too underpowered for long-distance engagements. Perhaps, it could serve as the submachine guns for the PTRS' jeep-shattering rifles.

Well, we'd better talk about gun calibers and body armors if we would like to have any meaningful conversations about this topic.

How daring, EBR. :rolleyes:
For goodness' sake, say it straight or not at all. You're not good at being a sneak about it and you're embarrassing yourself trying.

Speaking of delivery systems, would that mean that a much more significant amount of nuclear warheads would be put into bombers? If they're capable of carrying heavy spacecraft then those must be able to carry some good amount of nukes, musn't they? The catch is, no one would have wanted bombers flying somewhere near their airspace for that matter, and they wouldn't want their own to be preemptively detected and intercepted too.

Would the geopolitcal reality still necessitate I C B M ' s ?
No SAMs yet, though it's only a matter of time. High altitude interception still needs an aircraft to go up there and gun it down.

Probably there'll be...say, two generations of high altitude supersonic bombers, and then it's edge-of-space ramjets or ICBMs.

EDIT:Or orbital weapons.
The H. Drakensis would wax endlessly about how they were clearly the superior species destined to triumph in this conflict of species and wills as they were picked off one by one and deboned.
For the First Gen, they'd only be waxing until after the first few kills have set a pattern. They haven't had mental flexibility entirely engineered out of them.

EDIT: Third Gen would be boned. Well, deboned, but also boned.

Last edited:
The H. Drakensis would wax endlessly about how they were clearly the superior species destined to triumph in this conflict of species and wills as they were picked off one by one and deboned.

It will be hilarious to see the Drakensis fight actual soldier's who know what to fucking do and aren't spoiled man children

It will be hilarious to see the Drakensis fight actual soldier's who know what to fucking do and aren't spoiled man children
I'm not sure about that- for all their personality, they have been heavily trained in military tactics and other shit, which will improve their fighting capability. Of course, their arrogance will prove to be their downfall...

After going back and re-reading the chapters on the war, I'm very curious as to whether or not we'll see a movement advocating for revenge against Japan in the US now that they're getting out of their funk. They killed 3 million people on American soil in a war they started. IOTL, 9/11 only killed a few thousand and provoked an apocalyptic response. I almost shudder to think about what could happen if America gave into the hate a little.

After going back and re-reading the chapters on the war, I'm very curious as to whether or not we'll see a movement advocating for revenge against Japan in the US now that they're getting out of their funk. They killed 3 million people on American soil in a war they started. IOTL, 9/11 only killed a few thousand and provoked an apocalyptic response. I almost shudder to think about what could happen if America gave into the hate a little.
I imagine there must be a lot of people clamoring for revenge against Central America as well for stabbing them in the back during the Great Pacific War.

A crazy thought occurred to me. If Drakia realizes that there is no way they can reach the moon before the Americans, is it possible that they might decide to fake a moon landing?

I've heard that in OTL it would have been more difficult to fake a convincing moon landing then to actually land on the Moon.

I believe it. The CGI technology was nowhere near finished IOTL, and probably won't be ITTL. I figure the Drakians can go one of two ways: 1. Claim that the Yankees faked it. Or, #2. They can use the humiliation as fuel to make people want further conquests to "prove themselves" again. Almost like a lunar revanchism.

I believe it. The CGI technology was nowhere near finished IOTL, and probably won't be ITTL. I figure the Drakians can go one of two ways: 1. Claim that the Yankees faked it. Or, #2. They can use the humiliation as fuel to make people want further conquests to "prove themselves" again. Almost like a lunar revanchism.
Which reminds me of the For All Mankind series tbh but with the Drakia taking the place of the US ironically.
"So what if the Yankees beat us to the moon? We're not out of the race yet, we tamed the most savage continent on Earth and brought forth civilization where there was only savagery. Now I don't know about but a full lunar colony or Mars landing sounds a whole lot better than a little moon walk."

9/11 was an attack of a clear blue sky on a nation at peace which was then followed by (so far) 19 years of war. The American civilian dead were from during the war and are matched by a large number of Japanese dead, Britain got over the civilian dead of the Blitz by putting it in the context of the Bomber Offensive. Here I think that context will lessen any desire for vengeance. Also despite those dead Americans still wanted peace by the end.

That said, I'm sure there is a body of opinion, growing increasingly large and vocal as memories fade and damage is repaired who want America to reclaim it's former place on the world stage and defeat the Japanese once and for all but it will be about a lot more than just civilian dead. After all starting another war, in which millions will inevitably die to avenge civilian dead from the last war doesn't really make sense.

I imagine there must be a lot of people clamoring for revenge against Central America as well for stabbing them in the back during the Great Pacific War.
9/11 was an attack of a clear blue sky on a nation at peace which was then followed by (so far) 19 years of war. The American civilian dead were from during the war and are matched by a large number of Japanese dead, Britain got over the civilian dead of the Blitz by putting it in the context of the Bomber Offensive. Here I think that context will lessen any desire for vengeance. Also despite those dead Americans still wanted peace by the end.

That said, I'm sure there is a body of opinion, growing increasingly large and vocal as memories fade and damage is repaired who want America to reclaim it's former place on the world stage and defeat the Japanese once and for all but it will be about a lot more than just civilian dead. After all starting another war, in which millions will inevitably die to avenge civilian dead from the last war doesn't really make sense.
Considering the Japanese got screwed with their Civil War with the Confederation of East Asia, some rapprochement might not be out of the question a few decades down the line. Which could make India concerned with their ambitious in East Asia and the potential tensions in the region.

Hopefully we won't be seeing India and the USA messing around in each other's backyards.

reread the timeline, why are the Balkans (or is that Ukraine?) part of Drakia? the border gore is horrendous :noexpression:

According to the map EBR had posted in the map thread, the Romani Republic switched sides to Drakia in the Great Patriotic War and was added in the empire as a Princely State.

See spoiler for map

Cy9qC4f.png

EDIT: Also just to make it clear, I didn't make this map! Don't want to steal credit from EBR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.