Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

ruK7QyulRjPOtV0M8aZnvg8Tjetu6xneK4Nf8wzk14urrS5fyf_FW3Q-jPjaDseSZ-qlpKy66vHvoMQJ-rZJoGd7NiGsFgH4xHBsH6OOqx6_wYDem1SLdrgmAH0_fbuaUxPOAy9P

Well, I know who to root for now.

"President Bush, you're no Kennedy."

@President_Lincoln What happens to the welsh band Badfinger ITTL?

Because Apple Records is not only still going strong, but thriving as a major UK music industry player ITTL, Badfinger has managed to carry on past their OTL breakup, and find modest but continued success as a touring band throughout the world. By this time (1974 - 1975), I would expect Apple to be sending them on tours in which they co-headline with The Sweet, who are just now really coming into their own.

What's Queen been up to, lately? I've become interested in them ever since I watched Bohemian Rhapsody.

Hopefully a certain Paul has not/will not meet Freddie in this timeline, and perhaps Freddie can be reigned in slightly by another partner. Still early in their career though so best days ahead.

What's Queen been up to, lately? I've become interested in them ever since I watched Bohemian Rhapsody.

Hopefully a certain Paul has not/will not meet Freddie in this timeline, and perhaps Freddie can be reigned in slightly by another partner. Still early in their career though so best days ahead.

Queen has, as per OTL, been kicking ass and taking names in the world of Blue Skies in Camelot. :) Their fourth studio album, A Night at the Opera was released ITTL on Apple Records in November of 1975, after Queen had opened for the Beatles and Elton John on the three acts' combined tour of the US and UK throughout the year. "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Love of My Life", and "You're My Best Friend" were the biggest hits from the record, and the band hopes to keep chugging along and capitalize on their success. :)

How goes Southeast Asia outside Vietnam and Cambodia come 1974 and 1975?

The next update will deal primarily with Vietnam and the People's Republic of China, but I will try to answer any questions about the rest of the region here. :)

As mentioned in the recent retcon, Indonesia is led by its second President, Mohammad Hatta. Though for a brief time, his predecessor Sukarno, supported Pakistan against India in the 1967 war, drawing the ire of the United States and United Kingdom, which had decided to back India, the war was soon ended and President Hatta has made a concerted effort to bring his country back into the US-UK sphere.

Malaysia survived its armed conflict with Sukarno's Indonesia in the late 1960's, but is still rife with ethnic tensions, religious tensions, and economic and political issues. Some in the political sphere are calling for economic reform and revitalization, but many of these issues are inseparably linked to the racial issues, and most in power do not support Affirmative Action to help racial minorities. Malaysia is a deeply conservative country ITTL, though that could start to change soon.

First elected in 1969, Liberal Party leader Emmanuel Pelaez is currently serving his second term as President of the Philippines, and enjoys moderate public support, though it is starting to wane as the economy continues to turn for the worse. President Pelaez is trying to follow the mostly free market policies of his predecessor, but is facing increasing pressure from some within his administration to have the government intervene in struggling industries.