Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

A man after my own heart! ;)

s-l300.jpg
Thanks. Though if Udall does become the Democratic presidential candidate, then I’m going to have one hell of a hard time choosing between him & President Bush.

Woah. Woah. Apparently I missed the entirety of this chapter. *goes back to read*

Rest in peace, LBJ. You've had a good run here, and my opinion of you ITTL is considerably brighter, especially since Vietnam wasn't on you.

Makes two of us, @President_Lincoln.

The one and only playlist has been updated to reflect the newest addition to the story of Blue Skies in Camelot. And Springsteen being added only makes sense, naturally. I just requested it for you, mainly, especially since I know you enjoy your outlaw country, and for you not to have named at least one chapter after Townes Van Zandt sounded to me like something you wouldn't do at some point or another. :p

John Glenn '76 (as I'm a biased Ohioan), although I'll be pretty happy with another term for George Bush at this point too. I also like Udall... Damn, you're making this difficult!

Thank you very much, @AeroTheZealousOne! :D I'm thrilled to hear that '76 is shaping up to be a race where it is difficult to pick a favorite candidate. ;) I can't tell you how grateful I am for the playlist. Listening to it has been so great while I plow through these last few weeks of finals. You sir, are a lifesaver!

Thanks. Though if Udall does become the Democratic presidential candidate, then I’m going to have one hell of a hard time choosing between him & President Bush.

You and me both, partner; you and me both. :) Imagine that, a race where you can't tell which candidate you want to win because they're both so... good (or at least, very capable and qualified). ;)

Hey Mr President. Sorry for not responding sooner. Sad about LBJ's death. He will certainly be remembered. A lot of Democrats running for President. The field is certainly wide open.

Man, politics really is a mess. So many people competing for a nomination! If I had to choose one of them, I'd pick John Glenn, 'cause I like astronauts. Mo Udall seems cool too, though. Like JFK says at the end of the chapter, he's someone we should keep an eye on.

So did McCarthy drop out or why isn't he polling? Also have you read Give Peace A Chance?

Ah! An error on my part, my apologies. Thank you for pointing it out, I'll be sure to fix it ASAP! :) I have, though I may have fallen behind a bit due to my schedule lately. I remember thoroughly enjoying the TL. It's not every day that you get a Eugene McCarthy as President TL, despite his actual candidacy and momentum back in '68. History has not been kind to McCarthy, and given some of his policy positions and personality, maybe that's justified. I feel like Give Peace a Chance gave McCarthy a fair shake and is very well written. I look forward to reading more of it in the future.

Another good update. Did you get my PM message by chance? Hoping to update my supplement soon. :)

Thanks, @QTXAdsy! I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to respond yet; I did in fact get your PM. :) Thank you for being so patient, and I'll be sure to take a look at it and respond sometime today.

“Lady Bird is going to fucking kill me for this”

XD

Those are some damn fine last words, and a fitting end for a man like LBJ. A shame his health still failed him, but after all that smoking and the stress of running a set of titanic election campaigns in the face of a fragmenting party, it's kinda no surprise, sadly. :(

When you combine his family history (several of his relatives died before they were 60, IIRC, of heart attacks) and the stress he was under, it was bound to happen sooner or later...