Alternate Electoral Maps III

genusmap.php

This is from an alternate timeline I imagined up. can you guess what causes this?

Uhhh, the United States polarizes around the Census Bureau Regions, with the South and Northeast going for one party and the Midwest and West going for another?

[QUOTE="Calthrina950, post: 18435081, member: 106644]

Also, did you see my question on the other Alternate Electoral Maps thread?

No, what was your question?

Also, your theory is pretty close to what I envisioned. in this timeline, Reconstruction is successful and Democrats are forced to appeal to both Southern whites and Southern blacks, so the Solid South remains solid for much longer than it did IOTL, and after a realignment, both white and black Southerners switch to the GOP in near equal numbers while they maintain their support in the Northeast.[/QUOTE]
I see. And I was asking you about my Johannson scenario that I posted in the Electoral Maps (Current Politics) thread.

As much as I dislike US Election maps I decided to play through the 2000 campaign as a more Centrist-Perfect Al Gore.
genusmap.png

Al Gore/Evan Bayh: 379EVs, 51.2% of the PV
George Bush/Dick Cheney: 159EVs, 45.8% of the PV

Heres the link to the full results because I think its quite interesting how Gore overperforms in the South and Underperforms, to the delight of Nader, in Liberal States

Romney Wins

genusmap.php

Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Marco Rubio (R-FL) - 286 EV, 48% PV
Barack Obama (D-IL)/Joe Biden (D-DE) - 252 EV, 50% PV

Romney Wins

genusmap.php

Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Marco Rubio (R-FL) - 286 EV, 48% PV
Barack Obama (D-IL)/Joe Biden (D-DE) - 252 EV, 50% PV
Speaking of which. Same thing with a game i just played on American Campaign Trail.
genusmap.php

Governor Mitt Romney (MA)/Senator Rob Portman (OH)-285 Electoral Votes,50.2% Popular (64,502,099)
President Barrack Obama (IL)/Vice President Joe Biden) (DE)-253 Electoral Votes,48.9% Popular (62,877,158)
Governor Gary Johnson (NM)/Judge Jim Gray (CA)-0 Electoral Votes,0.7% Popular (884,092)
Doctor Jill Stein (MA)/Activist Cheri Honkala (PA)- 0 Electoral Votes,0.2% Popular (319,025)

Last edited:
Governor Mitt Romney (MA)/Senator Rob Portman (OH)-285 Electoral Votes,50.2% Popular (64,502,099)
President Barrack Obama (IL)/Vice President Joe Biden) (DE)-253 Electoral Votes,48.9% Popular (62,877,158)

Did you switch the colors around? Can't imagine Obama taking Wyoming lol.

Did you switch the colors around? Can't imagine Obama taking Wyoming lol.
The US Election atlas follows the colour scheme of Red Democrats and Blue Republicans

Generall the rest of the world follows the colour scheme of Radical Red and True Blue The Righter party is Blue and the Left party is Red Orange or Yellow

CA0FCDAB-8F30-4050-966B-938762B04543.jpeg

I’m sorry if the picture is bad quality (I did it on my phone), POD is that in 1952 Eisenhower picks Rocky as his VP candidate, Ike then is killed by a Communist in 1953. McCarthy never goes after the Army.

I combined Charles Evers' and Maurice Dantin's votes in the 1978 Mississippi Senate race, so that the unity ticket beats Thad Cochran 55-45.

hGETk50.png

1972, reversed

genusmap.php

George S. McGovern (D-SD)/Sargent Shriver (D-MD) - 501 EV, 60.67% PV
Richard M. Nixon (R-CA)/Spiro Agnew (R-MD) - 36 EV, 37.52% PV
John Hospers (L-IA)/Theodora Nathan (L-OR) - 1 EV, 0.0% PV

All the Way... thru ‘68

genusmap.php

Lyndon B. Johnson (D-TX)/Hubert H. Humphrey (D-MN) - 275 EV, 46% PV
Richard M. Nixon (R-NY)/Spiro Agnew (R-MD) - 246 EV, 46% PV
George Wallace (AI-AL)/Curtis LeMay - 17 EV, 6% PV

Alright guys I have decided to restart my Dave's redistricting 30,000 people per district series, since this new version is alot more stable and easier to use and so I think will allow me to make everything look better. So here is the first one: Rhode Island!

First comes the district map:

View attachment 440945

Now the map showing how those districts would've voted in the 2018 election:

View attachment 440946

And finally a map to see the racial majorities or pluralities of each district

View attachment 440947

And here is the link to it on Dave's redistricting: http://dra.indirect.cc/join/d4ad0a21-8df9-4aab-b468-cf153e27cbc0

(Quoted because too many map uploads)

The sequel to my 2012 map.

2016: Obamanation II: The Progressives Strike Back.
genusmap.php
Democratic: Former President Barrack Obama (IL)/Senator Bernie Sanders (VT)-340 Electoral Votes,50.2% Popular
Republican: President Mitt Romney (MA)/Vice President Rob Portman (OH)-198 Electoral Votes,43.7% Popular
Libertarian: Former Governor Gary Johnson (NM)/Film Producer Vince Vaughn (CA)-0 Electoral Votes, 5.1% Popular
Green: Doctor Jill Stein (MA)/Activist Ajamu Baraka (D.C) -0 Electoral Votes,1% Popular

Issues include, Heath Care Costs/Reform,Growing Economic Inequality,The War in Syria between the U.S backed government and the Islamic State Group,Gun Control (Mass shootings),Black Lives Matter/Police Shootings,The Influence of the Church of Latter Day Saints and Business interests on Mitt Romney and the Deficit and Debt.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a weird idea I've been working on, and is from the same TL as this. (I think, at least, I'm still not 100% sure what I'm gonna do with it.)

Effectively, the American Federation is a more EU-esque US with significantly looser restrictions on the states and their governance, with each of the thirty-eight countries which are member states having its own laws, political system and parties. Only elections are held in every member state for the Federation: the proportional elections to the Federal Congress every four years, and the election of a Senator to represent their country every five years.

For those wondering about the different types of state: the original thirteen former colonies (and Watauga) became Commonwealths when they founded the Federation, although the seven New England states and the two Carolina states are not shown on a country-based map like this. The standard form of admission to the Federation is as a Republic, although in the case of the Californias, the four separate states (Alta, Medio, Baja California and Baja California Sur) were admitted as republics initially and united after joining the Federation. In de facto terms, they don't really affect how a country is run, besides Unions, where multiple states are part of the same country.

upload_2019-2-16_2-26-46.png

A House Literally Divided

genusmap.php

James Carter (D-GA)/Birch Bayh (D-IN) - 383 EV, 52% PV
Gerald Ford (R-MI)/George Bush (R-TX) - 155 EV, 46% PV

A House Literally Divided

genusmap.php

James Carter (D-GA)/Birch Bayh (D-IN) - 383 EV, 52% PV
Gerald Ford (R-MI)/George Bush (R-TX) - 155 EV, 46% PV
Very nice map, although I doubt Carter could have won Vermont or New Hampshire under any circumstances, Michigan is also a longshot due to Ford's home state advantage.