Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

My point was that the kidnappings Wolttaire described were already happening IOTL. There is definitively room for further controversy regarding the act though.
That was my point that it went even farther than our timeline like southern brigands head to northern cities and in the daylight raiding neighborhoods in mass raids u get the pictures

That was my point that it went even farther than our timeline like southern brigands head to northern cities and in the daylight raiding neighborhoods in mass raids u get the pictures
Maybe have it occur with one or two foreign diplomats being swept up, as in, they tried to stop it, ruffian clubs 'em down....

In meridie est destrui!

Or worse, one of the foreign dignitaries is black and gets kidnapped.
it could just be a influential figure from a forge in country if it were from a great power then Then Greta power depending on how the incident could openly support the USA with stuff the need prehaps help in the blockade or extend the acondna plan be extend with French or British naval support all the way to Louisiana

The Union won't be fighting with one arm tied behind its back this time around.
The complete destruction of the Confederate Army will be a military goal as well as the trial and execution of all members of the Confederate government.
The only thing that can make matters worse for the South is if they adopt a scorched Earth policy*, destroying all infrastructure in anything of value before the advancing Union Army.
*The Russians did that against Napoleon and it was considered instrumental in his defeat, so the Confederacy might consider it a viable option.

Last edited:
The Union won't be fighting with one arm tied behind its back this time around.
The complete destruction of the Confederate Army will be a military goal as well as the trial and execution of all members of the Confederate government.
The only thing that can make matters worse for the South is if they adopt a scorched Earth policy, destroying all infrastructure in anything of value before the advancing Union Army.
That a very dangerous lien though because what about the risk of guerrilla warfare that was nearly avoid at the end of the war

That a very dangerous lien though because what about the risk of guerrilla warfare that was nearly avoid at the end of the war
How much public support do you really think any guerillas will get? The Union was already burning down the South like it was going out of style.

In meridie est destrui!

How much public support do you really think any guerillas will get? The Union was already burning down the South like it was going out of style.

In meridie est destrui!
in otl 2 confederate army were going to. disappear into the wilderness and were going to fight a guerrilla war imangine how bad that would have been for the union

in otl 2 confederate army were going to. disappear into the wilderness and were going to fight a guerrilla war imangine how bad that would have been for the union
Now imagine how bad it would've been for the South. Every city would've been an Atlanta. Sherman and Grant giving no quarter until they surrendered. There would be no South by the time it was over.

Aside from that, avoiding a large scale dispersal is a matter of pinning the armies. Lee got trapped in between Sheridan and Grant, not that he was inclined to disperse anyway. Johnston laid down arms, realizing the war was lost. Vicksburg fell to siege

Up until the Corrupt Bargin, that is.

In meridie est destrui!
Well, until 1874 when the Dems in Congress strangled Reconstruction funding. The Klan itself was a dismal failure in terms of resisting Union occupation, and got squashed like a bug. It wasn't until Northern Dems regained power and the southerners accepted that the Union was sticking around that they made progress.

Well, until 1874 when the Dems in Congress strangled Reconstruction funding. The Klan itself was a dismal failure in terms of resisting Union occupation, and got squashed like a bug. It wasn't until Northern Dems regained power and the southerners accepted that the Union was sticking around that they made progress.
It gonna be hard to prevent the north from gettign bored

It gonna be hard to prevent the north from gettign bored

Guerilla fighters continuing to resist Union control and causing chaos in border states and homesteader states might anger them enough to keep going.

Maybe they'll set up black and Unionists militias to occupy the South and Eastern Midwest states. This way the South sorta starts policing itself and Northern soldiers can return home.

Guerilla fighters continuing to resist Union control and causing chaos in border states and homesteader states might anger them enough to keep going.

Maybe they'll set up black and Unionists militias to occupy the South and Eastern Midwest states. This way the South sorta starts policing itself and Northern soldiers can return home.
that could work and once the power of the plantations are destroyed the feverous stride will quickly die put

Has anyone noticed that Kansas is now a slave state TTL?

It's not going to be popular of course - but I see a civil war happening in it like in Missouri.

OTL was bad enough, TTL I don't know if I want to read how bad it's going to get during the Buchanan Administration. If Brenckinridge is still his VP, he is going to have so many problems in his administration it's going to make Pierce seem... well, okay, average. Won't quite make Pierce look good, but still...

As for Kentucky, OTL Lincoln said the Union must have it to survive, but I wonder if it'll be tempted to secede, too.

As stated above, though, the Union won't be fighting with one hand tied behidn its back this time. Fremont was relieved in Missouri for freeing slaves with his army, but he might not be TTL. In fact, THe Pathfinder might be told "If you want to do that, do it in Kansas," which wasn't supposed to be slave to begin with. We might see him continue as a general, which would create interesting butterflies itself. Fremont and Grant combining to march down the Mississippi? Or, more interesting, maybe Lincoln doesn't have the patience he did with McClellan OTL when McClellant lollygagged around in late 1861-early 1862. Maybe he'll replace McClellant early, before his disaster of mid-1862. Not that Fremont would necessarily replace him, but the chances of Fremont remaining in a meaningful command are much greater.

Of course, another possibility is that the South secedes early, they kept threatening to and I would imagine they do so more here than OTL, though I'm not sure. However, a more hevily Republican Congress in 18i58 might make thigns hard enough for Buchanan that he caan't do anything about their plans, and if they override a veto (such as repealing a Fugitive Slave Act early in 1860) you might see the South secede months earlier than OTL.

I think that no one in kanas will accept and were are going to see a civil war happening them we may see the trigger of this civil war be when souther border states are sent in to enforce the war or when federal soldiers refuse to support the illegitimate state gov

Of course, another possibility is that the South secedes early, they kept threatening to and I would imagine they do so more here than OTL, though I'm not sure. However, a more hevily Republican Congress in 18i58 might make thigns hard enough for Buchanan that he caan't do anything about their plans, and if they override a veto (such as repealing a Fugitive Slave Act early in 1860) you might see the South secede months earlier than OTL.
Especially with Kansas as a Slave State there is *no* way that the Senate will have a 2/3 vote to override any veto of Buchanan that is related to slavery.