Hail, Britannia

Question: how much success do the Nazis see early on ITTL? If the UKE goes to war at the same time as the UK IOTL then you essentially have the resources of the US and the UK combines a year earlier. Do added troops from America make the difference in Norway or blunt the sickle in France?

Question: how much success do the Nazis see early on ITTL? If the UKE goes to war at the same time as the UK IOTL then you essentially have the resources of the US and the UK combines a year earlier. Do added troops from America make the difference in Norway or blunt the sickle in France?
The entry on Wehran says that the raid on Mers-el-Kebir still happens, so France still falls ITTL.

I suspect Spain is not neutral in this timeline, also resources of UKE are someways far greater and far lower than US and BE(not UK) combine due the timelines history

Who tf won the imperial elections 11 days ago.
There is no such thing as "winning" in UE elections. Only who can form a coalition. Even if you had the election results on that day, it would be currently in the negotiation period now.

And Lei is busy with other stuff such as in real life. Be patient, please.

If global politics are anything like OTL right now, my money's on British Heritage winning big in the PV and a quixotic odd-couple government being formed specifically to keep them out. Sarah Palin as the UKE's Geert Wilders, IOW

If global politics are anything like OTL right now, my money's on British Heritage winning big in the PV and a quixotic odd-couple government being formed specifically to keep them out. Sarah Palin as the UKE's Geert Wilders, IOW
The far right doesn't have the potency it does in OTL. I think we can safely say that it wouldn't be like that.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
You mean 62 right? Accra became independent in 1957.

As a Maths teacher you'd think I'd be able to take 1957 away from 2019...

Franco-British Alliance please explain as that sounds very interesting, also is the French empire (?) apart of the EU?
As far as I know, yes it definitely is.

The Franco-British Alliance is in many ways a substitute for the Anglo-American "Special Relationship" of OTL, and serves to link the Common Defence Pact (military alliance between Britain and several Commonwealth nations) and the European Defence Organisation (equivalent organisation amongst EU members and other European states) together. It is mainly a continuation of the First World War "Entente Cordiale" but was officially formed by the Treaty of Dunkirk after the Second World War, to safeguard the two countries against the Soviets.

The Kingdom of the French is indeed a member of the EU, and with OTL Germany split into six states ITTL, France is the economic and political leader of Europe.

I was wondering what is the status of Vietnam and Korea ITTL?
The world map shows both of them united.

Vietnam was partioned after the First Indochina War, which then calcified after the Second Indochina War (TTL's Vietnam War), today it is split between the nations of Tonkin (north), Annam (central), and Indochina (south). Corea is a united monarchy under the House of Yi, and along with Manchuria is a close ally of Japan. Cochinchina and Corea, along with most East and Southeast Asian states are part of the Japanese-led Greater East Asian Cooperative Sphere ;)

The entry on Wehran says that the raid on Mers-el-Kebir still happens, so France still falls ITTL.
I suspect Spain is not neutral in this timeline, also resources of UKE are someways far greater and far lower than US and BE(not UK) combine due the timelines history
The Catalonia entry outright says that Spain joined the Axis.

The Nazis progress much as OTL, but the weaker position of Fascist/Futurist Latzio ITTL compared to OTL Italy hampers progress somewhat, although 1940 sees the entire Italian Peninsula fall to the Axis. France still falls along a similar timeframe to OTL, but is able to retain more of the colonial empire in Africa as "Free France". Given that ITTL we had an isolationist (Vandenberg) as PM in the mid-30s, I think Britain would have been in a similar state of military preparedness as OTL, with Walter George fitting a similar role to Neville Chamberlain. I don't think having the American war machine behind Britain from the start would make that much difference in the early years. But after the Battle of Britain we saw a much more successful campaign across North Africa and the Mediterranean to evict the Axis powers in 1943. Also having China in the Axis as opposed to Japan would probably have distracted a lot more British/American manpower and effort early on into the Pacific region.

Spain did indeed go over to the Axis in late 1941, another serious blow to the stronger British force ITTL as they had to "occupy" and defence the Portuguese colonial empire and evacuate the Catalan and Portuguese governments.

Who tf won the imperial elections 11 days ago.
It's been delayed.
There is no such thing as "winning" in UE elections. Only who can form a coalition. Even if you had the election results on that day, it would be currently in the negotiation period now.

And Lei is busy with other stuff such as in real life. Be patient, please.
The far right doesn't have the potency it does in OTL. I think we can safely say that it wouldn't be like that.

Indeed, I'm afraid the real-world just keeps on getting in the way!!

The imperial election has been delayed/postponed until early August. TB is right, in that modern British imperial politics is effectively a competition to be the largest party on the day, and then the process begins on government formation. Generally these processes last less than a week. However in effect the only parties likely to form the largest part of a government (i.e. have their leader as PM) at present would be the SDP, the Liberals, and the Conservatives.

Global politics ITTL is very different from OTL, although the Populists have grown in support. TB is again correct, in that the far-right doesn't have the same potency ITTL.

Last edited:
Is there any German nationalist sentiment in the German successor states in TTL present day, or did the Allies stamp that out?

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Is there any German nationalist sentiment in the German successor states in TTL present day, or did the Allies stamp that out?

The closest thing is "Vereinigtes Deutschland" (United Germany), which runs in the German nations of Brandenburg, Hanover, Hesse, Raetia, Rhineland, Saxony, with varying levels of success. It's a lose analogue of OTL's Alternative for Germany, and has performed best in Saxony. The Austrian branch has performed relatively consistently, but is less overtly supportive of German reunification than the other branches.

Last edited:
The closest thing is "Vereinigtes Deutschland" (United Germany), which runs in the German nations of Brandenburg, Hanover, Hesse, Bavaria, Rhineland, Saxony, with varying levels of success. It's a lose analogue of OTL's Alternative for Germany, and has performed best in Saxony. The Austrian branch has performed relatively consistently, but is less overtly supportive of German reunification than the other branches.
I suspect there will be even more groups in each Germany State campaigning against reunification due to how it unified in the first place.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
I suspect there will be even more groups in each Germany State campaigning against reunification due to how it unified in the first place.

The German states are an area I hope to explore in greater detail in the not too distant future. But most mainstream political parties in each nation are opposed to reunification, and each nation has solidified it's own national identity.

Great_Stag

Banned
The German states are an area I hope to explore in greater detail in the not too distant future. But most mainstream political parties in each nation are opposed to reunification, and each nation has solidified it's own national identity.

Wouldn't it also be counter to the interest of Britain and France, as it would probably be against the post War settlement

Any chance we could learn more about France?
We haven't really done much on that (comparatively!), but that means there's an opportunity for someone to pitch in and give ideas to Lei about what France under Ségolène Royal would look like.

It's certainly a very interesting situation there.