Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the space Catholic aesthetic.
latest

2008 Obama vs. 2016 Sanders. Not exactly competitive, but still interesting. Although increased population is definitely a factor, Obama surprisingly lagged behind in states like New York and California. Also, the state-by-state turnout was lower in 2016 compared to 2008 in quite a few cases, helping Obama landslide the popular vote.

gYcGrI9.png

Last edited:
Presented with minimal comment;

G32TSjc.png

After surviving a plane crash, Holley decided to pull a Little Richard -- but with politics instead of religion. He was the surprise populist victor of the 1980 Republican Primaries, and got considerable flack for his choice of VP (purely because, admittedly, they looked very similar).

Haven't done one of these in forever:
HAbShRn.png

Living a long and prosperous life, Mackenzie reunited the nation after nearly a decade of civil war and served the American People magnanimously as their leader until his death in 1916.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I could do more of these... but unfortunately, I don't know how to make those Green and Grey maps you usually see in country wikiboxes...

Last edited:
I love the space Catholic aesthetic.
Thanks Deloria!

I love basically anything Catholic, especially Space Catholic, @LeftsideLock

And given interstellar distances, the Church certainly moved fast on that one
Space Catholics are the best Catholics. DEUS VULT

I figured that the infrastructure for handwavium FTL comms wouldn't be in place yet, and that a spacecraft of the period would take about three months for the journey; but an FTL-capable drone that doesn't have to drop out of FTL as often to discharge static buildup or other slowing factors could arrive a few weeks sooner. And a Church and a Pope eager for outreach and relevance in an age of SCIENCE and humankind settling the stars is quick on the uptake for an (in their eyes) bona fide miracle.

Watson's Watch was an organization formed in 2013 in reaction to the Vinegar Incident. During the riots, the Watch maintained security in the cities of Springwood, Tangelo, White River, and Liamneeson, and assisted the federal police bureau in the defeat of the Dead Vulture Crew. However, some criticized their violent measures, as they made it impossible to achieve full erasure.

Addison Rosewood is the daughter of Franklin Rosewood, CEO of Genteel Communications, and Princess Maria Daring, and therefore she is forty-fourth in line to the Darkwood Throne. Addison and her sister, Subtraxion spent several years in the red-brick boarding schools of rural Calbert, where they gained an appreciation for more appropriate acidic salad toppings.

The Council for the Advancement of Microbiology is a front for House Atlantic, who secretly attempt to direct world events to their benefit. Unfortunately, they're not as good at it as the Quadrilateral Relations Group, who themselves are slightly worse than random chance. They also produce several popular brands of yoghurt.

4ygwbjy.png

Sylvestrian fever
Star sword
Styan Prairie Bush War
Peace Obelisk of Avalon
CAP Trade Unit

I'm not sure what's going on, but I know I like it.

Also, "Secretary of Noise" alone earned the like.

As did "emperor (former)".

And "Hardwood, with brass fixtures."

Dorozhand

Banned
China stands up a century early.

Third opium war.png

PoD - Instead of the Taiping Rebellion, a Han generalissimo who gained great fame in the Second Opium War leads a revolt which, despite Anglo-French efforts, drives the Qing northwards beyond the Shanhai and establishes a new dynasty. Butterflies ensue.

Last edited:
Space Catholicism is cool, Biblical spaceflight is cooler.
I'll give the points to space Catholicism, though, because @LeftsideLock put way more effort in and he deserves way more attention for his quality work than I do for my tossed-together nonsense. (You're doing really good work, LL, and you should keep doing it forever or until your brain rots, whichever comes second.)

Dorozhand

Banned
Thanks Deloria!

Space Catholics are the best Catholics. DEUS VULT

I figured that the infrastructure for handwavium FTL comms wouldn't be in place yet, and that a spacecraft of the period would take about three months for the journey; but an FTL-capable drone that doesn't have to drop out of FTL as often to discharge static buildup or other slowing factors could arrive a few weeks sooner. And a Church and a Pope eager for outreach and relevance in an age of SCIENCE and humankind settling the stars is quick on the uptake for an (in their eyes) bona fide miracle.

Interstellar travel doesn't require handwavium, just a little anti-matter for your Alcubierre engine, and instantaneous transfer of information will be the first logical application of sustained wormholes.

We must have faith in the boundless future simply because we must. The grisly alternative is an eternity trapped within our own minds, hemmed in a tiny closed space to brood on our existential terror until we kill ourselves. I don't want to live in that universe, so the stars are open, because they must be.

PoD - Instead of the Taiping Rebellion, a Han generalissimo who gained great fame in the Second Opium War leads a revolt which, despite Anglo-French efforts, drives the Qing northwards beyond the Shanhai and establishes a new dynasty. Butterflies ensue.
Is Russia allied with the Wu out of a desire to avenge the defeat in the Crimean War?

ember: 65087"][/QUOTE]

Who are Misha and Vitaly, by any chance?

I'll give the points to space Catholicism, though, because @LeftsideLock put way more effort in and he deserves way more attention for his quality work than I do for my tossed-together nonsense. (You're doing really good work, LL, and you should keep doing it forever or until your brain rots, whichever comes second.)
:biggrin: Thank you Gryphon, that's quite a nice compliment.

I would hesitate to characterize your work as tossed-together nonsense however. Your own work, along with the work @Archangel Michael and @Georgepatton and several others, has always been consistently quality and personally inspirational to me.

Last edited:
Something for this evening.

Let's just say there was an Arab Autumn, which shook the absolute monarchies of the Arabian Peninsula and utterly destroyed Saudi Arabia, which constantly changed between at least four Islamic states, three military juntas, two dictatorial monarchies and one communist republic before finally setting onto the democratic United Arabian Republic.

In Qatar, the leading figures of the Arab Autumn were very, very bitter foreign workers.

You can ask questions.

UGsJLlE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.