WI: The Enterprise completes its five year mission (Star Trek survives for 5 seasons)

Who should be captain of the Enterprise-D in this timeline's TNG?

• Patrick Stewart (same as OTL)

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • Patrick Bauchau

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Yaphet Kotto

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Rutger Hauer

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Someone else (specify who in the comments)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So glad this timeline is back.
  • Finally the Remans show up in Star Trek, and I arguably think they're better represented in Requiem than in Nemesis. They are enemies of the Romulans, but that doesn't mean they're automatic allies to the Federation, desiring far more violent means of liberation and are constantly paranoid of Starfleet. Sadly that fear led to Marx's death but at least Rafar's death could lead to a more peaceful resolution.
  • I have a hunch that Intelligence will trickle even further into TNG than I thought with the release of Requiem. The Reman revolt and its resolution will surely have long-lasting effects on relations between the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation, which will provide new material for TNG stories.
  • The Iconians seem to be much more active yet peaceful to the Enterprise crew than OTL. While I doubt we'll get anything noteworthy from the Iconians for years to come (like say the STO storyline of the Iconians), it's nice that they are included.
  • Hot take, but I am not pleased that the Borg are inevitable for the timeline (given how engaging the Romulan content has been so far and Intelligence/early TNG portraying a more grey and nuanced Star Trek universe) but maybe David Gerrold can keep the Borg as a persistent unholy menace instead of being flanderized OTL. He was the person who created the War Against the Chtorr series after all, and that universe is fucking HELL on literal Earth. Maybe the Borg will be an insectoid race like they were hinted at in Conspiracy (before being dropped). If they are, then that means assimilation will be a lot more horrifying for Picard than OTL.

So glad this timeline is back.
  • Finally the Remans show up in Star Trek, and I arguably think they're better represented in Requiem than in Nemesis. They are enemies of the Romulans, but that doesn't mean they're automatic allies to the Federation, desiring far more violent means of liberation and are constantly paranoid of Starfleet. Sadly that fear led to Marx's death but at least Rafar's death could lead to a more peaceful resolution.
  • I have a hunch that Intelligence will trickle even further into TNG than I thought with the release of Requiem. The Reman revolt and its resolution will surely have long-lasting effects on relations between the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation, which will provide new material for TNG stories.
  • The Iconians seem to be much more active yet peaceful to the Enterprise crew than OTL. While I doubt we'll get anything noteworthy from the Iconians for years to come (like say the STO storyline of the Iconians), it's nice that they are included.
  • Hot take, but I am not pleased that the Borg are inevitable for the timeline (given how engaging the Romulan content has been so far and Intelligence/early TNG portraying a more grey and nuanced Star Trek universe) but maybe David Gerrold can keep the Borg as a persistent unholy menace instead of being flanderized OTL. He was the person who created the War Against the Chtorr series after all, and that universe is fucking HELL on literal Earth. Maybe the Borg will be an insectoid race like they were hinted at in Conspiracy (before being dropped). If they are, then that means assimilation will be a lot more horrifying for Picard than OTL.
--As for the Remans ITTL I left the audience hanging for the war's resolution which will occur in the next Starfleet Intelligence movie. Marx's death is also a reason why we see Karlax as a hermit warrior monk ITTL's 24th century. Karlax has seen so much death that even he as a Klingon is feeling the PTSD

--We will see Remans ITTL's TNG. However, they do not look like orcs like TL's ST Nemesis.

--The Iconians' motives aren't exactly as pure as the driven snow here. We'll see them again.

--The Borg will cause a significant change ITTL's TNG (specifically in BOBW Part II and its immediate aftermath). The episode immediately after that (Family) will be quite different from OTL...

The Iconians are interesting.

In the MMO one of the major things that the player character travelled into the past and I believed helped save them from total destruction, becoming a hero of legend to them. However, many were radicalised by the near genocide of their people and became determined to get revenge, which led to them using Hakeev to destroy Romulus. This caused Sela to develop a hatred of the Iconians......so when she and other Romulans went into the past they helped the genocide......which in turn led to many of the Iconians hating them enough to destroy Romulus in the future.

The main character is the one who tells Sela and T'Ket (the Iconian Leader) and Sela actually has a heel realisation. T'Ket, the Iconian Leader, is too blinded with hatred to care and flees (having not been seen since).

I think a plot point like that could work. Even if Romulus isn't destroyed the entire thing is an ouroboros of revenge with the snake eating its tail. Some of the Iconians ultimately realise this and are willing to end the feud, but the leader is too consumed with hatred to let go and has to be defeated for the greater good. It allows an idealistic tone while showing that evil can't be completely defeated with words. Sometimes violence is necessary.

Also, I was curious what the NJO status is?

Last edited:
The Iconians are interesting.

In the MMO one of the major things that the player character travelled into the past and I believed helped save them from total destruction, becoming a hero of legend to them. However, many were radicalised by the near genocide of their people and became determined to get revenge, which led to them using Hakeev to destroy Romulus. This caused Sela to develop a hatred of the Iconians......so when she and other Romulans went into the past they helped the genocide......which in turn led to many of the Iconians hating them enough to destroy Romulus in the future.

The main character is the one who tells Sela and T'Ket (the Iconian Leader) and Sela actually has a heel realisation. T'Ket, the Iconian Leader, is too blinded with hatred to care and flees (having not been seen since).

I think a plot point like that could work. Even if Romulus isn't destroyed the entire thing is an ouroboros of revenge with the snake eating its tail. Some of the Iconians ultimately realise this and are willing to end the feud, but the leader is too consumed with hatred to let go and has to be defeated for the greater good. It allows an idealistic tone while showing that evil can't be completely defeated with words. Sometimes violence is necessary.

Also, I was curious what the NJO status is?
I don't think I'm going exactly that way with the Iconians. Their nemesis ITTL will be a completely new species and they'll be kept totally away from the Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Cardassians etc.

We're going to have a surprise Star Wars announcement with the New Jedi Order in the next update. A guy named Mark Hamill is getting bored collecting residuals from the SW Trilogy and wants a steady paycheck...

That's cool. I suggested ideas for Luke's students. The student Tremayne seduces could be an alternate version of Kyp in that he did bad things and has to spend a lot of time afterwards redeeming himself.

They'd be the protagonist of Alt Dark Empire.

I'm wondering who would do Tremayne. I'm thinking Corey Burton could do it.

That's cool. I suggested ideas for Luke's students. The student Tremayne seduces could be an alternate version of Kyp in that he did bad things and has to spend a lot of time afterwards redeeming himself.

They'd be the protagonist of Alt Dark Empire.

I'm wondering who would do Tremayne. I'm thinking Corey Burton could do it.
And I want to get Mark Hamill back active again because he got pretty much no work for several years after ROTJ. He was typecast ITTL just like IOTL

--As for the Remans ITTL I left the audience hanging for the war's resolution which will occur in the next Starfleet Intelligence movie. Marx's death is also a reason why we see Karlax as a hermit warrior monk ITTL's 24th century. Karlax has seen so much death that even he as a Klingon is feeling the PTSD

--We will see Remans ITTL's TNG. However, they do not look like orcs like TL's ST Nemesis.

--The Iconians' motives aren't exactly as pure as the driven snow here. We'll see them again.

--The Borg will cause a significant change ITTL's TNG (specifically in BOBW Part II and its immediate aftermath). The episode immediately after that (Family) will be quite different from OTL...
Kind of shocking that a Klingon would get PTSD over death but even Worf struggled to cope with K'Ehleyr's death. I'd have to assume Karlax's familial bond with Marx was so strong that it would invoke that kind of reaction.

As for the Remans, do they resemble the Romulans or are they an entirely different race altogether?

I don't think I'm going exactly that way with the Iconians. Their nemesis ITTL will be a completely new species and they'll be kept totally away from the Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Cardassians etc.
It could devolve into a "War of the Gods" kind of situation like what happened between the Vorlons and the Shadows in Babylon 5, drawing everyone into the war.

The Reman look in Nemesis was a bit much, way too ‘monster’ even with the plot being told, but something different from the Romulans would be interesting.

If Remans are a Romulan subject people the producers might have us more of such people the Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians etc have under their rule.

If the Iconians get fleshed out more, I think that a large part of it could be them being traumatised. Some of them ultimately realise they have to let go of the past and accept that not everyone's out to get them, but some are so consumed with anger they can't let go.)

I do like the ouroborous of revenge for the Iconians; the horrible things the Iconians do in the future lead to the other party brutalizing them in the past....which leads to the Iconians doing terrible things in the future.

It shows just how pointless the whole cycle of revenge is.