Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Wells could pretended that some strange creature bit him when he was on Everest and he could pretend to show “yeti symptoms” before putting on a yeti costume on the expedition Everest ride.

Now that would be a bit more appropriate for an ironic death instead of having the Imagineers become literal brain-dead morons for comedic purposes.
Not to be pedantic, but my accident was caused by a computer error and not any engineering errors. Kinda like what happened OTL, but more severe so that the animatronic actually comes loose.

But ok, point taken.
Or, if we're going that route, why not have some television ads for Expedition Everest, where Frank Wells dresses up as a yeti to scare the average parkgoer.
Maybe Wells could pretended that some strange creature bit him when he was on Everest and he could pretend to show “yeti symptoms” before putting on a yeti costume on the expedition Everest ride.
If Mr. Wells doesn't want to stand on the edge of a 30 ft. drop all day just to scare guests he could at least make some short mockumentaries about his trip to the Himalayas and how he might had someone or something follow him back to promote the ride.

However since DAK isn't even planned yet, I assume that we won't see the ride come to fruition. Especially since Disney mainly built the it to attract people to DAK which was struggling to find its audience.

How about we use Expedition Everest to refurbish the Matterhorn attraction entirely?
How would the Everest theme fit with either Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?
I don't think Expedition Everest would fit into Disneyland.

And I don't mean that in a thematic way, but actually in scale. The Ride Building is freaking massive and Disneyland already has a Space Problem.

And just rethemeing the existing Matterhorn would be lame compared to OTL and probably very unpopular with guest. Like I imagine Mr. Toad level of fan backlash.

However since DAK isn't even planned yet, I assume that we won't see the ride come to fruition. Especially since Disney mainly built the it to attract people to DAK which was struggling to find its audience.
I think DAK is inevitable since Jim Henson and Roy Disney might be interested in promoting animal conservation after DisneySea's success (not to mention Busch Gardens Tampa). People keep treating it like it's going to happen (including myself) so I guess it's going to happen sooner or later in the 2000s.

Everest could technically exist as a future Phase II attraction to help complement Asia in a more successful DAK.

If Mr. Wells doesn't want to stand on the edge of a 30 ft. drop all day just to scare guests he could at least make some short mockumentaries about his trip to the Himalayas and how he might had someone or something follow him back to promote the ride.
Wow, we're really milking this Frank Wells reference LOL. As we should.

But to be honest, an animatronic of him and his climbing team will probably do for Everest, regardless of whether he actually climbs the ride or not (it's likely he could do it since he's pretty fit like the Matterhorn climbers OTL).

Oh, I was assuming that the Matterhorn was in Adventureland.
And just rethemeing the existing Matterhorn would be lame compared to OTL and probably very unpopular with guest. Like I imagine Mr. Toad level of fan backlash.
It's technically a Fantasyland ride, but IIRC the Matterhorn was originally a Tomorrowland ride.

Expedition Everest wouldn't work anyways unless we seriously want to downscale its scope, as Agumon said. The differences between the two rides are quite extreme, not to mention we would provoke the Walt Disney park purists, which is not worth the effort in retheming the ride.

It would’ve been really interesting to see how the Lion King ITTL is handled.

From what we heard from it, it seems to be a far more progressive and almost a celebration of Black Culture.

Imagine… The Lion King, A Spike Lee Joint.

Goes all the way back to TLK1 - people have even written papers about it.

There are papers to be written about the classist portrayal of the hyenas - the hyenas are portrayed as thieving, shiftless lowlives who envy what their betters have and desire privilege they do not deserve.

Given the Epic of Suindata is quite similar to the OTL film anyway (seriously, Google it), I'd imagine the core plot wouldn't change much.

Although I do think Scar, or his equivalent ITTL, being an evil half-brother might be too much of a stretch for a non-Signature film (especially since that plotline involved polygamy which, whilst true to real-life animal behaviour, might not be something you'd explicitly depict in a Disney film - implicitly, however....) - my bet is he's either an uncle as per OTL or, if he's a younger lion, Simba's cousin.

(The latter of which would have my war history-obsessed dad banging on about how TLK is the closest thing to an adaptation of the Anarchy we're ever likely to get - and that's if GRRM doesn't put The Dance of Dragons in ASOIAF ITTL).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.